Just Booked Independence of the Seas - Looking for information

Ooh, does anyone who has recently sailed on Indy know if they still have that awesome free fruit punch stuff in the Windjammer??? It was red and tasted a bit like cherry.

They did last September.

not sure that Joff Eaton will go to the Caribbean on the Indie,his very british style might not go down as well as over here.

Personally I love him and rate him the best.

Well they already have Richard Spacey and Graham Seymour, so I don't see why they wouldn't send him over. Whether he would want to go over there is another question. I do agree that he couldn't be more suited to Independence, or any ship sailing out of the UK. I didn't realise RCI have no ships out of the UK this winter. Perhaps he will move to one of the European ships.

I have a good feeling we will get the second Sunshine class ship out of Southampton in 2015, and I can think of nobody better to be the cruise director on that. He really does deserve it.

You sounds like me. I just booked for Feb 2014, it will be baby's first cruise and he is still happily in my stomach.

I hope we can get some good info when she comes over to Flordia.

I need something to pass the 611 days left ;)

When we cruise our daughter will have just turned 3, ahe will be staying with her grandparents as we are doing this for our anniversary and since we have been married, we have not done anything outstanding for our anniversary. The last cruise we took my wife was pregnant with our daughter, she was able to get on the ship 3 days before RCCL's pregnancy cut off:D

Some fantastic points. The chilled soups were so good!!! :D I can't believe Rock The Boat are still playing on Indy, surely they must get bored after a while.

A few more from me:

- Check out the pub singer in the Dog and Badger on the Royal Promenade. Really good atmosphere on an evening in there.

- For those sailing on her out of the UK, the breakfast choices in the Windjammer are awesome, since you have British and American options.

- The Rock Britannia street party is really good, only made better by Joff Eaton. Also, he does a fantastic Quest.

- If you walk right to the front of Deck 4 you can walk up some stairs to the helipad. Definitely the best place for sailaway!

Thank you for the info, i know the pub singer we had on the Mariner in Dec of 2010 Shane Tapper was amazing, we'll be sure to check out the pub on the Indy too without question

As a suprise to my wife and to celebrate our 7th anniversary i have booked cabin 1320, if anyone has any video or pictures of this cabin i woulc greatly appreciate it. I have seen pics and videos of other same cabins on this ship, i sure it looks the same, but I am just weird that way. I really hope my wife loves this room.

Thank you for the info, i know the pub singer we had on the Mariner in Dec of 2010 Shane Tapper was amazing, we'll be sure to check out the pub on the Indy too without question

The singer they had two years ago was Ian Millar. Not sure if he still plays on Indy. It was so difficult to find a seat in there though, most nights it was completely packed out.

The singer they had two years ago was Ian Millar. Not sure if he still plays on Indy. It was so difficult to find a seat in there though, most nights it was completely packed out.

That's how it was in the Wig & Gavel on the Mariner when we were on her, always full, luckily we knew people who would save seats, but the atmosphere was awesome, always a good time!!

That's how it was in the Wig & Gavel on the Mariner when we were on her, always full, luckily we knew people who would save seats, but the atmosphere was awesome, always a good time!!

The pubs on the Royal Promenades are one of our favorite places to spend the evenings when we are on the ships. They always have the type of music that we enjoy. It is a bit unfortunate that the seating, especially in front of the pub on the Promenade, can be at a premium and difficult to come by open seats. We just really enjoy sitting there while having a drink and watching the world go by. And having the Cafe and/or Sorrento's just a few feet away when hunger sets in is another bonus. Although I am not sure that I have ever experienced the sensation of hunger while I have been aboard a cruise ship.:D

For some strange reason I suspect that the folks living in Buckinham Palace haven't been cruising on Independence.;):D

I have been inside Buckingham Palace and sure, it's posh but it's not as grand as the Independence of the Seas. The Independence of the Seas has class. As for those who believe that Indy looks "worn", I didn't think drugs were allowed on the ship? :confused:

Thank you for this, loved the pics. Anyone else have anything they can share, we're staying in cabin 1320 on deck 10.

Hi! I am going to be in 1320 on IOS in 28 days from now! I'll try to remember to post pics of the cabin for you upon my return...but sometimes I forget to take pictures of the room until after it is cluttered up with my stuff.

Archived