New to Princess, But Not New To Cruising

Fredbrot

Booked on the Caribbean Princess on Oct 6th for New England/Canada. I've been reading the boards here and I've read about "Coffee" cards and special Spa deals. I was on NCL and they had soda cards for kids. Where can I find out about the "Coffee" cards, Spa deals and other similar things. I've checked the FAQ on the Princess site found nothing. Also I've found nothing about the various kinds of shows that are presented. Thanks. Fred

There is a fountain soda card that can be purchased which is good if one drinks more than 3 Cokes/etc. a day, but has a limited selection of drinks.

Before your cruise you will get an email which tells about the shows you will have available on your cruise.

I've never used the coffee card, so will leave it to others to comment. And you will be inundated with Spa deals via flyers left in your room each day. There are some prereservations available for spas on the Princess Cruise Personalizer, but again I've no experience to comment on.

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Unlimited Soda Package * *

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package * *

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Café Selects Coffee Card * *

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

I believe you add 15% tip to these amounts.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Soda Packages & Coffee Card

Unlimited Soda Package * *

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package * *

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

Café Selects Coffee Card * *

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

I believe you add 15% tip to these amounts.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Those prices include the 15% gratuities.

With the coffee card you can get 15 choices of expressos, lattes, ice coffee, macchiatos, hot chocolate, coffee blends and cappuccinos for that cruise. They will punch the card. Now if you don't use the card totally on that cruise, you can carry the card to the next for only premium coffee. When they first came out you could all of the above, but Princess changed the policy, so only premium coffee.

Coffee in the dining rooms and buffet is awful. It's supposedly made from a concentrated syrup. I got the coffee card on my last cruise and did not regret it. I enjoyed a couple delicious espressos and frozen coffee drinks each day and had "good" coffee available to me anytime I wanted at the international cafe bar. I go through several cups a day, so this was deemed a necessary expense. Not everyone will agree. :p

Before we took our 1st Princess cruise I didn't understand the coffee cards either. Don't worry; once on board you will have to practically run a gauntlet of staffers trying to sell you one. They are all happy to explain it.

DH is a coffee snob so I thought he'd get one. He was OK with the coffee that is included, even though it's made from syrup not grounds. I'm not a coffee drinker so that doesn't make an impression on me.

The spa deals weren't really deals but they too were easy to find. Just be aware -- when you see an advertisement that says 1/2 off & next to it you see a price, that price is the disounted price. I thought it was 1/2 off the # I saw, which would have been a deal. For example if it says 1/2 off a massage $100, the regular price is $200 & you are paying 1/2. It's not $50. :o

...I enjoyed a couple delicious espressos and frozen coffee drinks each day and had "good" coffee available to me anytime I wanted at the international cafe bar...

Out of curiosity, we will be on the Coral in October 2013 and I know the Coral doesn't have an International Cafe, but instead has a La Patisserie. Are the 2 basically the same thing or am I getting my hopes up about my coffee options?

Out of curiosity, we will be on the Coral in October 2013 and I know the Coral doesn't have an International Cafe, but instead has a La Patisserie. Are the 2 basically the same thing or am I getting my hopes up about my coffee options?

From a coffree viewpoint, they are the same.

Haven't sailed Princess since 1999. Sailing again in January. I'm used to Celebrity offering alcohol packages.

Princess doesn't offer any alcohol packages?

Princess has been experimenting with a wine package (x bottles for y $) on some ships, but it is not fleetwide.

Haven't sailed Princess since 1999. Sailing again in January. I'm used to Celebrity offering alcohol packages.

Princess doesn't offer any alcohol packages?

Not at the moment, but I do believe that they were experimenting with alcohol packages (just wine?) on the Coral Princess. Maybe someone who has been on that ship can comment....

Thanks to everyone that replied, especially Astro Flyer. I thought I had read everything on the Princess website, but I missed that one. I don't drink and the listing began with a listing of all the liquor. The soda and coffee were at the end. Again, thanks to everyone for your assistance.:):)

Coffee in the dining rooms and buffet is awful. It's supposedly made from a concentrated syrup. I got the coffee card on my last cruise and did not regret it. I enjoyed a couple delicious espressos and frozen coffee drinks each day and had "good" coffee available to me anytime I wanted at the international cafe bar. I go through several cups a day, so this was deemed a necessary expense. Not everyone will agree. :p

Fully Agree!! Coffee is a very necessary expense as the other coffee can be and usually isnt up to scratch at all. Coffee Card all the way!!!

Archived