Water for formula

mresera

We use formula still for my 8 month old baby. Should we purchase water before going on the ship to mix with formula? Is cruise ship water safe for him to drink or mix with formula? Thanks.

The ship's water is fine. At 8 months, you aren't still doing the "sterilize" thing...not needed as they are mobile and touching things and sticking fingers, toes and toys into their mouths!

All of the ship's food is made with ship's water, as are all the drinks and ice! The water will not hurt your child.

Thanks. We still are sterilizing bottles and using sterile water, but I guess we don't need to.... he does put everything in his mouth. Thinking about this logically, the used cigarette butt I found in his mouth that slipped in while I was actively watching his every move this past weekend is probably worse....

Thanks. We still are sterilizing bottles and using sterile water, but I guess we don't need to.... he does put everything in his mouth. Thinking about this logically, the used cigarette butt I found in his mouth that slipped in while I was actively watching his every move this past weekend is probably worse....

My son's are in their late 30's but I still remember those days:D The older one never put anything in his mouth that didn't belong there - and the younger put EVERYTHING in his mouth - had to watch him every minute.

We sailed when my dd was 7 months old and her doctor said to use bottled water. We told the cruise line that we needed it for the baby and it was not a

a problem to bring a case of water on board. I also bought a lot of the individual ready to feed bottles.

We use formula still for my 8 month old baby. Should we purchase water before going on the ship to mix with formula? Is cruise ship water safe for him to drink or mix with formula? Thanks.

Ask your pediatrician. :)

We just used the water from the sink. No problems :) But i've also never been a sterilizer, not even when they were a week old. Bad mom! ;)

Mom of 5, who only sterilized for a few weeks with my first. I asked the pediatrician when I could stop, and was told soap and water for cleaning is fine, as is tap water.

Mom of 5, who only sterilized for a few weeks with my first. I asked the pediatrician when I could stop, and was told soap and water for cleaning is fine, as is tap water.

Yay! Another one :) Yeah, my family always gave me crap for it. They said in the old days they sterilized the bottles and nipples after every use?! :eek: They also were surprised that i dont warm the bottle water. Ah well, my kids are alive and healthy ;)

We cruised with our son when he was 9 months old & drinking formula still as well, and we used the ship's water which was perfectly fine & suitable for one week. We did not notice any changes at all in his bowel movements or anything so you should be fine! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I personally would use bottled water. While the ships water is fine, I wouldn't give it to my 8 month old if there is an option to bring my own bottled water on board. That's a little tummy that may be highly sensitive to how the water is handled/cleaned on the ship. I would opt for bottled. But of course, when in doubt, run it by your pediatrician.

Yay! Another one :) Yeah, my family always gave me crap for it. They said in the old days they sterilized the bottles and nipples after every use?! :eek: They also were surprised that i dont warm the bottle water. Ah well, my kids are alive and healthy ;)

Count me in too; My sons were born in '69 and '72. When I asked about sterilizing and warming, my doctor told me that (except, of course, in babies with special health issues) neither one was necessary and they were mostly to make the Mom feel like she was being a good mother.

I sterilized for about 3 weeks; I never warmed even one bottle.

Both boys survived, thrived and were seldom sick. But I got a lot of flack from the grandmothers about not warming the bottles!

Ha! Okay, that was pretty funny. :)

Archived