Island Princess mini suite

paddingtonbear

I think so. The mini gets you more room, a sofa, 2 tv's, and a full bath with tub and shower. I like the mini suites over the balcony if I can afford it. The price difference was way too much on our northern Europe cruise, so we went with a balcony.

I figure if the price is within $200 PP, go with the mini.

Has the Island recently been refurbished/dry docked etc?

For $150 more p/p I can get the lowest cat suite i.s.o. lowest cat balcony. Is it worth it?

You mean the lowest category mini-suite, not regular suite, right? If so, that might be the mini-suite category that doesn't have a balcony, I think they're category AF. Be mindful of that if you expect/want a balcony. If not, they're great cabins -- very spacious and I liked the location all the way forward near the open viewing decks.

Since Island Princess doesn't have any AFT facing cabins, I don't think it makes that much difference where your cabin is located. On ships with AFT facing cabins, those are gold in Alaska. You can't beat the ship blocking the wind. We could use our balcony, when many people said the wind kept them from using theirs. My 2nd cruise to Alaska was in an OV cabin, which was my sisters' choice. There were times it was too cold to be on deck. It was a totally different experience than I had the first time with my DH & DS. At times like that, you'll be happy to have the mini-suite. I hope you have nice weather for your cruise. It's a beautiful place to cruise.

Kamloops50 do you have a link like that for the golden princess? Or do you know how I would go about finding it?
The Coral/Island are so different from the Grand ships that you need the information that Tom provides. Except for the few aft balconies, on Grand class ships:

Emerald deck balconies are 7'x9' and fully covered

Dolphin deck balconies are 7'x9' and fully uncovered

Caribe deck balconies are 9'x9' and half covered/half uncovered

All other balconies are 5'x9' and fully covered

• 2 years later...

the only problem I found on the Island princess cabin C217 was walking to the laundry room on the 15 day Panama Canal cruise!! LOL We could have used roller skates or a scooter, but since we needed to walk, we did it!!! It was fun. Loved the covered balcony, and the extra room in the cabin and bathroom.

I saved that website in my favorites. I just checked and it is locked.

Too bad, a great tool for Coral and Island.

Check out post #76 Tom's thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=305204

Information is being provided on another website, at least temporarily.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser