Radiance of the Seas NB Alaska cruise 5-11/5-18

phpuYLHPqAM.jpgphprODHDFAM.jpg

our Emerald gifts and coupon book

php1X701vAM.jpg

Bottle of water each and a gift basket/box each

The basket had 3 packages... 1 ea of chocolate chip cookies, dried fruit and trail mix. We actually ate one of these baskets on the redeye flight home from ANC

I don't think you're supposed to actually eat the baskets. But I guess when you're really hungry....

I was trying to get some extra fiber .....Just put a little hot sauce on it :eek:

Doc, your photos are not coming thru. So no, I do not see them

Thanks I have to figure out why before I post anymore. Maybe the site I went thru to shrink them has a time limit on them. I dont see any reason for CC to block them:confused:

BTW Alaska is a must do. Good luck with the planning. You will have a great time.... Next time we are doing a land tour

Thanks I have to figure out why before I post anymore. Maybe the site I went thru to shrink them has a time limit on them. I dont see any reason for CC to block them:confused:

That site doesn't host the picture after it shrinks it. You're meant to download the processed picture, then you can upload to CC, or host somewhere else.

Doc: use Tinypic dot com. It is great you just go there, don't even have to register or anything...click Browse which goes directly to your photos, click upload, type in the security phrase and then I pic the second URL code copy/paste right into these posts. Be sure and click the size pic you want first. Try it you'll love it!

That site doesn't host the picture after it shrinks it. You're meant to download the processed picture, then you can upload to CC, or host somewhere else.

Is that what you meant:confused: Im sorry..... im used to photoshop on my old computer. I havnt loaded it on to my new laptop So I was trying something new. Thanks

Doc: use Tinypic dot com. It is great you just go there, don't even have to register or anything...click Browse which goes directly to your photos, click upload, type in the security phrase and then I pic the second URL code copy/paste right into these posts. Be sure and click the size pic you want first. Try it you'll love it!

Thank You I will try it

Your pictures are coming through beautifully. I'm enjoying your review of your cruise.........and our cruise as well.:D

Thanks Patti. It was a great cruise. Wish we had been able to get together with you and Jim but I understand with all the scheduling.

Just have to book another cruise that you will be on.:D

And Im always learning something on CC...... Today was how to post pictures properly:o

So where was I???????

After lunch and checking out our cabin, It was time to roam the ship, make some reservations, see the other additions and changes to this wonderful ship.

First off.... topdeck to the Viking crown lounge and see what they changed. Walking into the VCL something didnt look right. It looked like part of it was missing. An office partition had taken over a third of it :eek:. Its not that bad. This is where they put the new Diamond lounge. The back doors were open to the new DL. Front door needed card key. It was nice area with the menus of all the restaurants and wine lists. An area that probaly is for snacks ???and coffee machines.

While we dont have access to the new DL yet... I am looking forward to it one day.(one more cruise darn new point system:()

Now saying I look forward to enjoying it in the future..... Those that arnt Diamond or above, this did not enhance our cruise experience.. The couple times we went up there during the week it was crowded and my GF couldnt find a seat except @ the bar. It didnt ruin our experience just an observation for those that have enjoyed the VCL in the past. It would have been nice to have more available seats especially in Alaska.

So after checking out the new VCL.... down 1 deck to Crown & Anchor to make a reservation for a future cruise. One of the most important things to be done on a cruise.......

Is of course book your next one:D

With our name in the C&A book onto Samba grill to make our reservation for 2nd night(1stformal night)

This is where im torn...... I loved the Sea View Cafe but had heard good things about Samba Grill

SO you have to walk outside and walk past the kiddie pool area Starbord side aft. I can see where this would be a problem If dressed up and raining.

Met the Hostess Jennifer(very sweet) and requested our table next to the window so we could could see views of the inside passage that we dont get from our balcony(portside) She said if we are there by 6pm no problem.

Down the Aft ladder(stairs) 1deck to the fantail and thru Ritas and the WJ(now full) to check out the Park Cafe(solarium) on the lido deck. Now I enjoyed when they had the crepe station there. Didnt really enjoy when they replaced it with the Pizza especially with all the kids that would hang out in the Adult solarium and take up the loungers BUT........

I like what they did with this area. It was another option for breakfast... coffee, breakfast sandwiches/quesadillas, oatmeal, fruit, or one of my favorites bagels and lox. Or lunch with panninis, quesadillas, some pre made sandwiches and some different type of salads. The roast beef sandwich and fresh made to order salad bar. Also bags of potatoe chips to go. Perfect for the backpack when going ashore;) While it may have taken some of the loungers from the solarium it was usable by everyone. And most of the time a table was available when we stopped by for a snack or lunch.

Next to the Spa for the GF and my requisite walk thru the gym with a DOD so I can tell everyone @ home I went to the gym while on a cruise:p

So she signed up for something?? and we walked around the gym. There were alot of people already working out. Maybe crew?? I do miss the hot tub that is on the Voyager class ships in the gym. But i know there isnt enough room. As we were walking out they were bringing in a new cylce/step machine

Next up MDR and sailaway

So with our S&S cards in hand we board on the promenade (deck5)

We walk around the centrum wide eyed. We cant believe we are on the Radiance again. We thought we would never see her after she went down under. We also didnt have any plans of doing an alaskan cruise for at least a few years. So we were elated to be on this magnificent ship again.

Enjoying your review and pics so far, and your excitement to be back on board the beautiful Radiance! :)

xn9q29.jpg

Stanley park and Lionsgate bridge

Ahh !!! My favorite sailout views past Stanley Park and under LionsGate Bridge...What a way to start a cruise and one of the reasons I love the North Bound !!!!!

Archived