Celebrity 2006/2007 Product Opening Schedule

Ella2

:confused: Only yesterday (11 May) we received our Captains Club newsletter which had a half page splash about Asia and said they were working on the final details about the itineraries, urging us to check the website for updates. So, has there been an official announcement that Asia is now off until 2007?

It makes no difference to those of us from the UK, whether a cruise starts on the west coast or east coast of the US - they are all a very long way, but always worth the effort. Our next cruise is on Summit - Panama Canal in November, sailing west to east, which means an 11+hr flight from Heathrow to LA. :o

Badger,

Thanks, I just went there and at least got the 2 dates I wanted. I called my TA told her the dates were up and she at least knows now as soon as they release pricing what I am looking for. She said she did call Celebrity earlier today and the couldn't tell her exactly when the pricing would be out.

Anne Maria

Just booked the 14 night Galaxy for 10/16/06. It's called Exotic Med & Black Sea..... goes to Constanta, Romania & Odessa, Ukraine. Have been calling directly to Celebrity each morning & afternoon this week for booking. Called at 12 noon Pacific time today and booking was available. Pinch me!!!:) :D

CruisingChick,

Pricing is out now for the Celebrity 2006 Connie Baltic cruises. I had my TA reserve an AFT cabin for us, but all of them were already gone on the deck we wanted(at least for now) and all we could get was 9160 which is an aft balcony CC on sky deck for June 17th. I hope we don't get any noise from the grill underneath those aft cabins. We're on a wait list though for an aft cabin on a different deck. Originally we were going to try to book the July 1st cruise, but it only stays in Copenhagen for one day and we wanted the itinerary that had 2 days there.

Diana

Hi Diana: I think it's a great location. We're in 9162 in only 50 days. It's really not the "Grill" area but a great bar & sitting area. Sometimes passengers each their lunch on sea days in the area but in the evenings you'll hear some lovely live music (guitar) playing while getting ready for dinner(late sittting.)IMHO :)

Eileen and Jay, I wish I was on the ship with you in 50 days instead of having to wait because of other commitments (darn). Please write a long trip report with you return..:).

Also, let me know at that time if noise was ever a problem. If it's just guitar playing I hear in early evening that's fine. I'm a light sleeper so I always try to avoid cabins where I might hear a lot of chairs being moved around or people partying into the wee hours. I did end up taking the late seating, after you return I would be interested in your opinion if that is the best seating to take given the times we are in port, or if there's some reason we should consider the early seating.

Hi Diana: We booked our Baltic cruise in late May of last year(just minutes after the summer,2005 schedule was opened for booking.) So, I know how you feel. You'll have a lot of time to research the ports and certainly the CC boards will help when we all return with our travel experiences. Enjoy this next year of planning and anticipation. I will definitely share our experiences in the ports and on ship. Have a great time planning!:)

CruisingChick,

Pricing is out now for the Celebrity 2006 Connie Baltic cruises. I had my TA reserve an AFT cabin for us, but all of them were already gone on the deck we wanted(at least for now) and all we could get was 9160 which is an aft balcony CC on sky deck for June 17th. I hope we don't get any noise from the grill underneath those aft cabins. We're on a wait list though for an aft cabin on a different deck. Originally we were going to try to book the July 1st cruise, but it only stays in Copenhagen for one day and we wanted the itinerary that had 2 days there.

Diana

Hi Diana!

My husband and I (well...me, mostly) have been waiting in earnest for the June itineraries to come out. If all goes well (knock on wood), we'll also be on the June 17th sailing along with my parents (who've never cruised before and who'll be celebrating their 34th anniversary onboard). DH and I have been raving about cruising since we got back from our honeymoon, so my usually-land-based-vacationer parents can't wait to try!

I got quotes from Captain's Club tonight, so I am hoping that my TA can get the same rates so that we can book.

Fingers crossed - I'll see you in the Roll Call thread when it starts up!

Cheers,

Sarah

This afternoon I was able to book cabin 9160 on the Millennium 12 day mediterrean cruise. I've been in that cabin on the Millennium and the Infinity, and it is one of my favorite cabins. I was told the most of the aft cabins are already on hold, and that was in the opening hours of booking. Wow!

Mari

CruisingChick,

Diana

Hi Diana,

Thanks, yes my TA called me yesterday afternoon with the pricing on the July 1st cruise. My son is not out of school until June 21, so we couldn't go before then.

It will be a very expensive cruise and obviously the only one we do next year, but I guess it will be worth it.

Anne Maria

This afternoon I was able to book cabin 9160 on the Millennium 12 day mediterrean cruise. I've been in that cabin on the Millennium and the Infinity, and it is one of my favorite cabins. I was told the most of the aft cabins are already on hold, and that was in the opening hours of booking. Wow!

Mari

Mari, good for you. I am sure you will have a great time. I loved doing the Med on Millie.

We will most likely be doing the Constellation, Northern Europe on July 1st. It will be the ONLY cruise next year as it's 14 nights and VERY expensive.

Too bad you couldn't book that too.

Talk to you soon.

Anne Maria

I've just had a very interesting discussion with Celebrity UK reservations.

I'm told that, although the Constellation is in NY in April 2006 and starts its UK sailings in May, it will not be doing a Transatlantic sailing. Neither, it seems, will Jewel of the Seas before its Spring sailings from Harwich.

I find this very hard to believe.

Does anyone have any more info on next years Eastward Transatlantic sailings?

Thanks

Speedwell

Anne Marie:

Looks like we'll be with you. We just booked the Constellation for next July 1. What an unusual itinerary. How many cruises do you see with ports like Klaipeda, Lithuania and Gdynia, Poland. Also, one of the few 14 night Baltic cruises for next year.
See you in Roll Call.

Ellis

Hi Ellis,

Yes, a very unusual itinerary. We would NEVER get to any of these places if Celebrity weren't cruising them. My husband is very excited that we stay in St. Petersburg overnight.

Too bad it's cleaning out my bank account.

See you on the Roll Call.

Anne Maria

Hi Sarah,

Did your TA book the June 17th Baltic Cruise for you yet? We've booked 2 cabins, one for DH and me, and one for my Mother and Son (he will be 17 at that time). I guess one of us should start up a roll call soon, I notice another group going June 4 this year started one up early last May..:).

Diana

Hi Anne Maria,

Our first choice was the July 1st Connie cruise, but we changed to the 6/17 cruise because we wanted 2 days in Copenhagen in addition to 2 days in St. Peterburg. I'm also interested in the British Isles cruise at some point, though this year the cabins we were interested in booking got snatched up immediately for that cruise.

How old is your son? My DS will be 17 next year and this will be the first time we have taken him on a cruise with us, though he is used to traveling a lot by land and plane.

Diana

Hi Anne Maria:

This will be our 26th cruise. We also have taken many land tours. In 1975 we spent 15 days in Russia. It was a trip we will always remember. In those days, St. Petersburg was known as Leningrad. In that city, we stayed at the Hotel Leningrad and met people from many other countries.
You and your husband are really in for a treat. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the Hermitage.
Hopefully we'll have enough C.C. members to have a cruise critic party aboard ship on our 2nd day at sea, When we sailed on the Infinity last year around Cape Horn, we had a party, hosted by Celebrity, which drew over 50 members.
I thought bank accounts were accumulated to enjoy trips such as this.

Ellis

Ellis

[quote name='evoni']Hi Anne Maria,

Our first choice was the July 1st Connie cruise, but we changed to the 6/17 cruise because we wanted 2 days in Copenhagen in addition to 2 days in St. Peterburg. I'm also interested in the British Isles cruise at some point, though this year the cabins we were interested in booking got snatched up immediately for that cruise.

How old is your son? My DS will be 17 next year and this will be the first time we have taken him on a cruise with us, though he is used to traveling a lot by land and plane.

Diana[/QUOTE]

Hi Evoni, my son is 15 1/2, but when we take that cruise next year he will be 16 1/2 - ahhhhhhh!!!!!

My son has been on all our cruises except one last summer to Bermuda. He was in England and Scotland with his high school's drama club. So his father and I snuck off to Bermuda on Zenith.

Have a great weekend.

Anne Maria

[quote name='emeyers']Hi Anne Maria:

This will be our 26th cruise. We also have taken many land tours. In 1975 we spent 15 days in Russia. It was a trip we will always remember. In those days, St. Petersburg was known as Leningrad. In that city, we stayed at the Hotel Leningrad and met people from many other countries.
You and your husband are really in for a treat. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the Hermitage.
Hopefully we'll have enough C.C. members to have a cruise critic party aboard ship on our 2nd day at sea, When we sailed on the Infinity last year around Cape Horn, we had a party, hosted by Celebrity, which drew over 50 members.
I thought bank accounts were accumulated to enjoy trips such as this.

Ellis

Ellis[/QUOTE]

OH MY - Your 26th????? Gee, it will only be our 9th cruise. We only started cruising in August 2000.

I hope we get enough for a CC party. Our Alaska cruise in 2 months only has 7 people signed up, 3 of which are my family.

Do you mind if I pick your brain about the cities we are visiting next Summer? I know virtually nothing, but I have over a year to learn.

Have a great weekend.

Anne Maria

Anna Maria, now I'm really sorry that the itinerary on the July 1st cruise wasn't the one we preferred, since it would have been nice for my son to have been guaranteed another boy around his age on the ship. You have a good weekend too!

Diana

Anne Maria:

What we liked about this cruise is that we had only visited Stockholm, St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, and Oslo. Except for Copenhagen, which we visited in 2003 (also on the Constellation), the other cities were visited several decades ago.
Lately we've been visiting countries in eastern Europe. On July 4th we visit Bucherest and surroundings (even Dracula's Castle) and then embark on a Riverboat cruise through Croatia and ending in Budapest, where we'll spend a couple of days. Last summer we were on a Riverboat cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. A wonderful alternative to cruising on large ocean liners.
Your son is indeed fortunate to be able to share this wonderful experience with his parents.

Ellis
Ellis

Archived