cheap table sales

hansol1966

I would have to disagree with "cheap" and "tat" on my crossing last week - on one day there was a sale by Oro d'Oniforo (I think that was the name), and there was a bracelet for FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. I know I shouted that, but honestly! Fifteen thousand dollars! I mean, who buys something at that price from a table sale . . . . . I also heard a "special price" for a pair of earrings for eight hundred pounds sterling. Yes there were the $10 watches, and cheap t-shirts, but there were also Guess handbags and purses which were an excellent price, I know as I bought a bag and purse.

Personally, I like to have a look at the tables, sometimes I laugh, and think they are having a laugh, but I have also bought some good things from them. :cool:

This will be my first cruise on Cunard, and I was wondering if they had the Guess bag sale like other cruise ships line. Do they also sale Radley bags as well as I alway like to buy a bag or two?

Do they also sale Radley bags as well as I alway like to buy a bag or two?

Last week on QV, the best I saw in the ship's shop was 20% off Radley bags. Others may have been more observant, but that discount applied from the first time I spotted it on about day 2 to a day or so before the end, ie I don't think they came down any further.

Mary

They didn't have Radley bags in the table sales, or I would definitely have seen them, and I didn't notice them in the shop. The Guess bags were a really good price - I paid $126 for the bag and $37 for the purse, which is €100 for the bag and €30 for the purse! Cheaper than over here, for sure, and considering I won $142 on the slots, they were almost free!:D:D

Absolutely. The correct etiquette is to pass it on to someone who has already finished their meal.

True, but that's formal nights only. For semi-formal and elegant-casual it is perfectly acceptable to stick it behind your ear until it is required again.

J

Last week on QV, the best I saw in the ship's shop was 20% off Radley bags. Others may have been more observant, but that discount applied from the first time I spotted it on about day 2 to a day or so before the end, ie I don't think they came down any further.

Mary

I am going on the QV the 3rd Oct, so hopefully they will still have them, 20% off is not to bad so I keep an eye open Janice

They didn't have Radley bags in the table sales, or I would definitely have seen them, and I didn't notice them in the shop. The Guess bags were a really good price - I paid $126 for the bag and $37 for the purse, which is €100 for the bag and €30 for the purse! Cheaper than over here, for sure, and considering I won $142 on the slots, they were almost free!:D:D

I have got some amazing bargains on Guess bags on Royal, paying about half the price you pay in the Uk Janice

I am going on the QV the 3rd Oct, so hopefully they will still have them, 20% off is not to bad so I keep an eye open Janice

Well, it depends what the base price is before the 20% is taken off. Price before discount $200 - I noticed because I have the same bag. I paid less than that with a 40% discount from House of Fraser about 6 weeks ago...

Mary:)

Perhaps most of the buyers are the same people who only come on Cunard when they can get a really cheap deal, the ones who write " I am cruising on Queen** but I refuse to dress up".

Anyone who cruises regularly on Cunard (or any other line ) have seen so many of these tacky items they avoid the table sales. It is the same with photographs, just how many photographs of ones self taken in front of the lifebelt can you show your friends?.

Maybe Cunard should consult their legal advisors , as to the danger from a a law suit if someone falls and breaks a hip trying to walk in the 12 inches the photgraphers leave in the walkways.

Obstructing the walkways should be banned.

Cunard have on many occasions pointed out that too many standing in those areas are a safety issue , and I have pointed this out to them, many have, they dont listen, I cant say that the tables bother me greatly.

I would not as a poster has said be so rude as to walk down the corridor between the cameras and the back drop, even I would not do that , one rude turn does not put the problem right, I do often just wait and they will stand back for to go past, again why they allow them to be there is odd.

Well, it depends what the base price is before the 20% is taken off. Price before discount $200 - I noticed because I have the same bag. I paid less than that with a 40% discount from House of Fraser about 6 weeks ago...

Mary:)

Yes I agree, my best price so far this year was at the debenhams 50% off for one day only sale on Radley, plus an extra 15% at the till. There was only one problem I had to buy a new dress to go with it, he he Janice

Archived