FOS shows reservation question.

E&B

I've tried asking this question before, but am not really getting the type of answer I need. Can you make show reservations once on the ship (FOS) or can they only be reserved in advance online? And are Ice Show tickets still available at the Guest Services desk once on-board (rather than lining up for tickets the day they give them out)?

I know many have told me advance reservations aren't necessary, but I still want to know if they can be made onboard.

Thank you for your answer, but it was not the question I was asking. I do know you can book online. I also know you do not need a reservation and can just show up. But, can you also book a reservation once onboard??

You can book shows, including the ice show, on the ship. On embarkation day we saw a table set up in the Royal Promenade near the pub to book shows. We only pre-booked the ice show and just showed up to other shows with no reservations. I hope this helps. :)

Lisa

The above poster is correct. there will be a table set up to make reservations for all shows.

Those with reservations will be allowed in early for seating; those without will be allowed in 10-15 minuets before showtime to find seats. They will check your seapass at the door to see if you have reserved seats.

Yes, Thank You! Do you know if this table is set up each day? We'd like to be able to make our plans day by day.

Unfortunately I do not recall if it was set up every day in the Royal Promenade. Sorry. :(

Lisa

Clarification from DH: He said he remembers Guest Services doing show reservations after the first day. He must have read it in the compass.

Yes, Thank You! Do you know if this table is set up each day? We'd like to be able to make our plans day by day.

The likelihood that you'll be able to make reservations day-to-day is slim to none. You're better off booking ahead to secure a seat and then if you want try to change it while on the ship. At least you'll still have a reservation. The worse that can happen is you don't show for your reservation and someone else will happily fill you're seat in your absence.

We had reservations for every show and they only checked our seapass one time to make sure I had it. For us as long as we were there 20 to 30 min early there were plenty of good seats. We were told on board that you had to have a reservation for the ICE Show, but nobody ever checked it. By the way I think the ICE Show is a can't miss show the rest of the shows were so so and the "magic" show malfunctioned half way through it and they just ended it.

We've been on the Freedom twice, as recently as April, 2012, and did not make reservations for shows. Had no trouble finding seats in the theater the two of us, we usually wait till about 10 min before the show and sit in the balcony area. We did make a reservation for the ice show but discovered when we got there (about 15 min before the show) that there were lots of empty seats.

If we decide to cruise again in September, I will not bother to make reservations.:D

Sherri:)

I hope to answer everyones questions. I sailed Freedom in Dec 11. We booked some shows online prior to boarding; and a few shows on the ship. If a show is sold out; you can stand outside the theater 30 min prior. 10 min prior, anyone who hasn't shown up or any empty seats avail; are then released to the stanby guests. Tickets for the ice show are available at a table, set up outside of the ice rink. ( since this show runs all week long, I have not seen anyone not get a ticket). I believe there are 6 ice shows which include a afternoon performance. On Oasis/Allure there is a show ticket booth in he Royal Promenade; on Freedom show booth is on left side of guest services.

Archived