How to choose hump cabin

I am new to RCI, I thought I saw somewhere how to choose a balcony cabin around the hump. We are looking aat the Jewel and I can't remember if you should be forward or aft of thhe hump. Can you please hhelp me?

Thank you!!

I am new to RCI, I thought I saw somewhere how to choose a balcony cabin around the hump. We are looking aat the Jewel and I can't remember if you should be forward or aft of thhe hump. Can you please hhelp me?

Thank you!!

Forward of hump gets more wind, I've read.

Thank you for the feedback!

If you are on the backside (aft) of the hump do you have an "obstructed view" because you can't see around the hump????

If you get the far side hump balconies you will not be able to see straight down, that is why we always try to get as far into the center as possible. You can see front to back without too much trouble, but on the Radiance Class, if you are not on the hump or way forward, you will not be able to see down b/c of the lifeboats. We found that out the first time on Serenade and have always gone with Hump Balconies since then so we don't have that problem.

Oh bummer. I am looking at the Jewel in Oct 2013 and center humps are all gone :( So I was trying to see what I should do instead. So I went port side and was looking at 9094. Hope I made a good choice......

You need to look at the deck plans...some "edge humps" have larger balconies. The center humps are the same size balconies as any side cabin.

Do NOT worry about the lifeboats...they are below ALL balconies and while they are visible, they do NOT obstruct anything. No worries!

I'm booked in 6338 on Liberty, which is right in the center of the hump. Having lurked Cruise Critic for a very long time, I jumped right at this room when I saw it was available, but I've never had above an oceanview room before.

Is the balcony any larger than normal balcony rooms, and does this room have the bed by the closet, or by the balcony? Thanks for any info!

I'm booked in 6338 on Liberty, which is right in the center of the hump. Having lurked Cruise Critic for a very long time, I jumped right at this room when I saw it was available, but I've never had above an oceanview room before.

Is the balcony any larger than normal balcony rooms, and does this room have the bed by the closet, or by the balcony? Thanks for any info!

You may get different replies from other people but we have never noticed a difference in size from non-hump balconies.......of course we don't actually measure it just go by how it "feels" lol. I believe somebody mentioned the corner humps had larger balconies but we've never had one so wouldn't know. The attraction of the hump cabins for us is their proximity to the lifts - I hate walking miles of corridors to get to our cabin! We had 6338 on IOS last August and it was great.

Gill

We booked hump cabin 7338 on the Liberty. It's a mid-hump cabin (you can fill in your own joke)...but on the floor plan it looks like the elevator is right outside our door. Will we be hearing elevators dinging and people mingling (sounds like a good name for a song) all night? :eek:

We booked hump cabin 7338 on the Liberty. It's a mid-hump cabin (you can fill in your own joke)...but on the floor plan it looks like the elevator is right outside our door. Will we be hearing elevators dinging and people mingling (sounds like a good name for a song) all night? :eek:

It may look that way on the plan but the elevator is actually tucked round the corner (if you see what I mean!), we never heard a sound. Enjoy, it's a great location :).

Gill

On the Jewel, in the hump cabins you can hear the music from the centrum. They host events in the centrum during the day and into the evening. If you are not sensitive to noise it is a great cabin area. I will not book a hump on the Radiance or Vision class again. It was not loud enough for a complaint, just too load for my sensitive ears.:o

On the Jewel, in the hump cabins you can hear the music from the centrum. They host events in the centrum during the day and into the evening. If you are not sensitive to noise it is a great cabin area. I will not book a hump on the Radiance or Vision class again. It was not loud enough for a complaint, just too load for my sensitive ears.:o

We're booked into a GS (our first:p) on Jewel, it's right next door to the Concierge Lounge.....I really hope this wasn't a mistake. There were only two left and this one looked a better position, were we wrong? The ship details say it only holds 17 people, surely they can't make that much noise lol.

Sorry to move off the original topic.

Gill

I am trying to find the Centrum. Can you help me? I am on the "not main hump" I am on the elevator side. I only have it reserved right now. Is that not a good idea???

I appreciate all of your feedback...thank you. You are helping a planner figure this thing out ;)

We just were on the Navigator in a jr suite on deck 9 on the hump and had no noise issues....like somebody else said cabins are in a hallway away from stairs and elevators...its a great location.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that "hump cabins" are next to the Centrum where music, sometimes very loud, goes on until late, sometimes until midnight. Thus noise leaks into your rooms and if you are early to bed, you may well be disturbed.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that "hump cabins" are next to the Centrum where music, sometimes very loud, goes on until late, sometimes until midnight. Thus noise leaks into your rooms and if you are early to bed, you may well be disturbed.

Can you help me figure out where the Centrum is? I must be looking in the wrong spot. I am looking at the 9th deck on Jewel if that helps you help me.....

Oh bummer. I am looking at the Jewel in Oct 2013 and center humps are all gone :( So I was trying to see what I should do instead. So I went port side and was looking at 9094. Hope I made a good choice......

See if #9576 is available. It is just on the forward edge of the hump, has a larger balcony than standard, not overly windy, and very quiet and convenient to most locations on the ship. It is one of our favorite cabins on the Radiance class ships. :)

See if #9576 is available. It is just on the forward edge of the hump, has a larger balcony than standard, not overly windy, and very quiet and convenient to most locations on the ship. It is one of our favorite cabins on the Radiance class ships. :)

Thank you!! I think I want to be able to see where I am going, but not too much wind. Sounds like this may do it. It is available and it looks like comparably it has a HUGE balcony....I am very excited. Thank you for the help!!

Can you help me figure out where the Centrum is? I must be looking in the wrong spot. I am looking at the 9th deck on Jewel if that helps you help me.....

Doesn't look like anyone answered this. The Centrum starts on Deck 5 and is open to Deck 11. It is in the middle of the hump. I don't know if this will work, but if not go to the RC web site and pull up the ships deck plans. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/decks/JW/2012_2013/jw_deck05_v2012-13.pdf

I agree, we love cabin 9576 :)

Thank you!! I think I want to be able to see where I am going, but not too much wind. Sounds like this may do it. It is available and it looks like comparably it has a HUGE balcony....I am very excited. Thank you for the help!!

You are very welcome! Have a wonderful cruise!:):D

Archived