why?

AmbeeBee

I just returned from my cruise two weeks ago and I'm still quite puzzled with why my feet swelled on the ship. I was on my feet just as much as I'm on them any other time and they never swell like that. Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks.

Hi,:) join the club.....if you do a search you will find quite a few threads

discussing this topic......it happens to many of us:eek:

It is a mystery! I've never had that problem, but some do. And yes...the ship's food (like most restaurant food) is heavily salted for taste.....most folks don't eat every meal in a restaurant, so they don't notice the accumulation of salt. It's NOT the water...the salt (if any was there to begin with) is removed. Much of the water is brought onboard at ports...some is desalinated from sea water....meaning the salt is take OUT of the water!

And, you are probably on your feet (in heat) much more than you are at home.

I suffer from this. I believe it's the salt in the food as I have this problem whenever I travel. On my last cruise 4 weeks ago, I went to the spa out of desperation. I was told it is due to poor circulation. They sold me a body brush and cellutox oil. I used it the rest of the cruise and saw a noticeable improvement. I just for back from Hong Kong today (and the reason I'm posting on CC at 2am lol). I suffer from the same problem when I go to HK. I used the body brush and oil as directed and NO swelling. Woo hoo! I found something that works for me. Bed Bath and Beyond sells body brushes or you can order online through Elemis

Archived