Hotel possibly booked

scumbers

Hi

Logged int my celebrity to have a browse around and under sea and stay packages under pre cruise it looks like we are having 1night at Hilton fort lauderdale marina with transfers and post cruise day room t sheraton airport miami

Has anyone stayed at these and is this normal for the hotel t appear in your celebrity booking

Thanks

Just a bit of a warning about the transfers. You will not be able to go when you want and you may be going all over the city to pick up other people. Most experienced cruisers in FLL take a cab, it is only about $15.00 and you go when you want. It is a ten minute ride..

We booked through a ta and as we are coming in from the uk on our first ever cruise it was easier for us to get them included. We get picked up at noon per cruise an am sure with the jet lag that will be welcome and post cruise we are straight to airport anyway for a noon flight to new York

You can always arrange for pre/post hotel stays and transfers on your own. And, you will save money. For example, in Barcelona, Celebrity wanted over $400pp for one night and transfers for a hotel. I booked the same hotel for $200 for 2 and a taxi cost me about $25.

Celebrity UK usually offer a complete package which includes flights, hotels and transfers in the cruise price. We have always found the total price for the package reasonable and like the convenience of having everything organised for us.

Our cruise is March 2013, and our flights etc have just recently been allocated, it says on X's website that we will also be staying in the Hilton FLL Marina hotel the night before the cruise, our flight doesn't land at Miami until 7.30 in the evening, so by the time we get through security etc and transfer to the hotel, I expect it will be getting quite late. Haven't managed to find out what happens on our return flight cos our return flight doesn't leave until after 6.00 in the evening, but we've time yet to find that answer.

Texmex

Our cruise is March 2013, and our flights etc have just recently been allocated, it says on X's website that we will also be staying in the Hilton FLL Marina hotel the night before the cruise, our flight doesn't land at Miami until 7.30 in the evening, so by the time we get through security etc and transfer to the hotel, I expect it will be getting quite late. Haven't managed to find out what happens on our return flight cos our return flight doesn't leave until after 6.00 in the evening, but we've time yet to find that answer.

Texmex

If your flight is after 6 p.m., Celebrity provide a day room at a hotel and a transfer to the airport. We usually just relax by the pool, have a late lunch and then get showered and dressed for the return flight. It's a nice leisurely end to the holiday.

Alternatively there are normally excursions available for purchase which will drop you off at the airport.

We have stayed at the Hilton Marina and thought it very nice. We will be staying with them again in March. We have Hilton Honors frequent guest points and like to use them at this hotel before a cruise.

You can see the cruise ships in the morning from the property. Some rooms have a view of the cruise ships, others have views of the small boat Marina.

We arrived too late for a real meal so we just had a drink and a snack at the pool bar. It was nice.

Nice lobby, nice pool area, comfortable rooms.

You can take a virtual tour on their website:

http://www.fortlauderdalemarinahotel.com/

We came back from a Celebrity Caribbean Crusie last month, We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and really enjoyed it. There is a nice pool bar that serves tasty food and it has a very relaxing atmosphere. Next morning was a bit manic with so many people waiting for Celebrity transfers to the ship, You had to go to a desk situated in reception and get a colour coded card to tell you which coach number you would be on.

On our return from cruise we had a room at the Sheraton Miami airport and that was also a nice hotel. Our flight was at 6.15pm but nobody told us what time we would be picked up for the airport so had to ring the transfer people to confirm.

It was so much easier letting Celebrity sort the whole package especially when you are travelling so far from home. When i booked i only paid £660pp for the return flights to Miami the transfers and both hotels i would have struggled to match that price doing it myself.

hi holiday lover

wat did time did celebrity pick u up from sheraton to take u to the airport?

was it stress free cause we have all airports and transfers and have been given the sheraton as a day room and our flight is about 730pm i think

thanks

Archived