Hard Bed and neglected in the MDR what to do?

justlaff69

On our last RC cruise in 2009, we had pretty bad service the first night. We were at a table with friends and our teens, and at the end of the evening, one side of the table was never offered coffee, and then after I noticed that, I realized that none of the teenagers were even asked if they wanted anything to drink with their meal other than the water that was there. And it wasn't just that; the service was slow and overall lacking. I know first nights can be hectic, but we'd never had that happen on any of our other cruises, and I'd read here about talking to the MD.

The next morning after breakfast, my husband and I went to the dining room where a line had formed with people waiting to talk to him. He was seated at a table with some higher up waiter, and I was a little intimidated. I was really nice about it. Mentioned how we had always really enjoyed all of our cruises with RC blah blah... That night and for the remainder of our cruise, our service was exceptional. We had the MD coming by with bottles of champagne, he made a point of being around our table each night, offering to bring out more food, etc. On Lobster night he came by with a platter of lobster and insisted we all take more! It was quite the turn around from the first night.

So I would say if you're not happy with the service, or even with something like the mattress, don't wait and let it continue to bug you; say something right away.

That is awful. Did you complain to the MD?

Yes we did. We also let them know that we did not think it was our waiters fault but it was his work load. They offered to re-seat us and take our order, but by then it was to late we had other things to do.

Archived