Zuierdam Dining question

KaaaaaBoom

Do they have fixed traditional times or is it personal choice.

Someone mentioned that they book in groups and 5:45PM and 6:15PM were two of the group times we were offered. Can someone explain this to me.

Thanks for your help.

Hal has fixed traditional.

Forget the groups. There are 4 dining times. It is the same dining room but the times are split between upper and lower.

Early

5:45 Upper Dining room

6:15 Lower Dining room

Main

8:00 Upper Dining room

8:30 Lower Dining room

This is copied directly from my cruise document:

Cruise Information

Cruise Line: Holland America/Windstar Ship: Zuiderdam Cabin No. 8129 / Cat VA Dining: Main (early)

Sailing dates: 7/30/2005 to 8/6/2005 Destination: 7 Nights Caribbean - Western

Since we are travelling with senior citizens we need the early sitting. I'd like to know what that means. Or if in fact we are pigging out twice like Ruth suggested. I, for one, do not in any way shape or form need to eat twice..hahhah.

O.K., peaches. I see what you're saying, but that's sooooo confusing. :confused:

Then there would have to be an Early (late), too. And, if you remember, that's exactly what we were all getting so confused about when HAL first went to 4 sittings. Not everyone was using the same terminology consistently.

It would be easier all around if the documents would simply list the time.

It's my understanding that Main Early is 8;00 P.M. That is what we always have and I just checked my documents for Maasdam.....Main early upper dining level.

5:45 P.M. is Early Early.....I guess they really want to reinforce just how early that is! :)

Thank you all. This now means that the TA screwed up and I'm going to have to make a phone call. We always have early seating and that is what was requested.

How are you doing Ruth?? Coffee soon? Im on jury duty this week (oh joy)

How are you doing Ruth?? Coffee soon? Im on jury duty this week (oh joy)

Doing much better, thank you! Actually, I'm going back to work tomorrow (oh joy):) . I was scheduled for jury duty right after the heart attack, but couldn't go. Maybe you're my replacement? ;)

Personally, I wish they'd just go back to two seating instead of four.

It is confusing and some folks don't know that upper is earlier and lower is later - whether it's early or main seating!!!

If HAL is now putting an early or late designation in addition to Early or Main seatings it must be only on a very few docs. Our cruise docs from last month simply said Main Upper and several posters here who just received their docs also had the same- Early or Main and the dining room level. Strange. :confused:

If HAL is now putting an early or late designation in addition to Early or Main seatings it must be only on a very few docs. Our cruise docs from last month simply said Main Upper and several posters here who just received their docs also had the same- Early or Main and the dining room level. Strange. :confused:

Maybe they are going to six!! or eight! How about 10! LOL! You could REALLY take your pick. Think of it this way:

Early, Early Upper - 5:15

Early, Early Lower - 5:45

Mid, Early Upper - 6:15

Mid, Early Lower - 6:45

Mid, Late Upper - 7:15

Mid, Late Lower - 7:45

Late, Late Upper - 8:15

Late, Late Lower - 8:45

Oops, better not give them any ideas - they could really cut more staff with that scenario!! :D

I finally got my dining seating fixed to what we requested..well kind of. We are waitlisted for the 6:15 seating now.

Ruth,

If I took your place you owe me a big iced latte woman. Im on a 5 week case and I got picked yesterday. Sitting in the jury box is not what I had in mind for the up coming beautiful spring days ahead.

Archived