New to Celebrity - have questions - Infinity 6 July

Robin122

We are probably going on the July 6 AK sailing on the Infinity.

We currently are looking at category 2B (dlx/veranda)

What do we need to know about storage? It will be our family of 3 (DS is 7)

Are there possibilities for upgrades at the port and if so, where do you go to request them in Seattle? (I know it was discussed on the RCCL thread so I'm guessing it's possible since they are under the same 'umbrella')

I just got home from a Caribbean sailing on the Allure of the Seas in a Grand Suite and I know it's going to be really hard to adjust back down to "just" a balcony. LOL (What do you mean I can't go to the concierge club each night?!?!)

I have never sailed north. How crazy will it be to pack for AK the first week of July? I'm guessing all my Caribbean wear will be best left at home.

Any special tips?

We're not photographers (only own a point and shoot camera) so I don't need any fancy lenses, we do have a nice pair of binoculars that I'll pack and I'm guessing a over the door shoe holder would be very helpful in this smaller space.

Thanks for any help!!

Robin

Last question first -- I don't think there's a mug. If you buy the soda package ahead of your cruise, your SeaPass card will be imprinted with that information. If you buy on board, you'll get a sticker. They are good at any bar on board, but not room service, the mini-bar, the gift shop.

UPgrades at the port are VERY rare, and not free. You can ask to see the Pier Coordinator but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

We just got back from Infinity Alaska and just layer your clothing and you will be fine. You don't need a heavy coat. Bring gloves a scarf for the neck and a hat or ear warmers because the weather in Alaska can change rapidly.

A zoom lens will help alot to get some nice pictures even if it is just a point and shoot. Especially at the glacier.

I would not count on an upgrade because your cruise is probably sold out but it will not hurt to ask. There is usually a sign at the guest services desk and says the cruise is sold out.

There is not storage at all just store your suit cases under the bed after you unpack.

Thanks for the answers.

I am aware that it's a very slim chance for upgrades and I know we'd have to pay. Does anyone know where the Pier Cordinator is located at the Port in Seattle? Right now there is still a lot of space on this sailing (hence the good price I got, I'm sure) so I'll just keep it in the back of my mind. ;)

Hubby was on the fence about the trip and then our airfare went down so he said BOOK IT!

We're going for sure!!!

Now, THAT's the way to beat the post cruise blues! LOL (home 4 days and booked for a cruise in 28 days {I think it's 28 days - I'll have to get a ticker!}

Archived