Aruba North Coast Jeep Tour

Morebeer

Just signed up for the North Coast Jeep Tour thru Carnival who use ABC Tours for our day in Aruba next month. Any recent guests have comments or reviews about this excursion. Jeep tours extremely popular here in Arizona but never tried one had to go all the way to Aruba to sign up for our first. Thanks in advance for your responses.

We travel to Aruba every year with our friends. They have used ABC Jeeps and had nothing but rave reviews for them. I have done jeep tours with other companies; you will have a great time. Make sure you bring sunscreen and lots of bottled water.

Appreciate everyones comments so far. Didn't know if booking the ABC Tours jeep excursion directly thru Carnival made it any different then booking one of there's independently. Since it's only a 4 hour tour thru the ship sure hope it turns out as nice as everyone has commented.

I tried booking directly with them, but was told that Carnival had reserved all their spaces and I had to book through Carnival cruises. It should be a good trip.

I was just told the same thing when I contacted them. I hate wasting the extra money on ship tours when I know I can book them myself for a much lower price! Argggg!

Guess I'll look for another jeep company with good reviews.

We have done this trek twice at Aruba but both times rented 4 x 4's directly and independantly. Did the "tour" ourselves. Worked out fine both times and allowed us the flexibility of coming and going when and where we wanted. The island is easy to navigate and the beach road easy to follow with several exit points if you want to get back on the main roads, depending on how far you want to go. There were always other vehicles around on the drive so we were never alone. Even had time for some beach time in the afternoon. Not saying this is for everyone - but it worked for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did this tour last Thursday and had an absolute blast!!! The guide met us at the pier and took a small bus ride to the "meet point". There we signed waivers and loaded up into the land rovers. Very comfortable with plenty of room to bounce around. Since everyone in our car was younger and up for the adventure Zoelly (our tour guide) really made the trip exciting. Making sure to do as much off roading as possible. The sites were absolutely beautiful especially the Natural Pool rock formations. You will have plenty of photo opportunities. We visited the ostrich farm which was pretty cool. We got to feed them and have our picture taken while sitting on one. My daughter described them as "fluffy". We had several stops all interesting and beautiful sites. I would highly recommend this excursion. The only thing I would suggest is to wear dark or older clothes because you will get very dusty. After the tour before dropping us off at the pier Zoelly drove around the resort area and pointed out various sites. There is also a shopping area right at the port you can visit before going back to the boat. If you have any questions just ask and I'll be happy to answer!

Took this tour Thursday July 19th had a great time. Were lucky enough to have Wendall as our jeep guide who was sort of the in charge guide who always drove in the lead jeep so missed most of the dust. Made several stops during the tour which to us lasted a unbelievable 2 hours longer then what was scheduled. Stopped at Ayo Rock, the Ostrich Farm, collapsed natural bridge, a old gold mine, a small catholic chapel, the California lighthouse, and then the beach at the bottom of the hill from the lighthouse for something like 90 minutes. Had the opportunity to get out of the jeep for pictures and looking around at each stop. Since booked directly with Carnival had no worries ship was going to depart before getting back even with tour running long. Only regret didn't have much time to walk around shopping area close to where ship docked at end of tour. Also some guests who were coming back from close by shopping area mentioned security there in Aruba required picture ID to get back thru security to reboard ship since didn't take passport on tour since went into water couldn't go outside gates to local shopping area. Overall would highly recomment this tour believe there were a total of 9 fully loaded with 8 guests jeeps on our tour so tour seems quite popular.

We have done this trek twice at Aruba but both times rented 4 x 4's directly and independantly. Did the "tour" ourselves. Worked out fine both times and allowed us the flexibility of coming and going when and where we wanted. The island is easy to navigate and the beach road easy to follow with several exit points if you want to get back on the main roads, depending on how far you want to go. There were always other vehicles around on the drive so we were never alone. Even had time for some beach time in the afternoon. Not saying this is for everyone - but it worked for us.

We have been looking for someone who has done this. Will be there in November and want to do the same. Where did you rent from and is it close to pier?

Thanks,

For car or jeep rental suggestions I no longer recommend anyone. Just make sure you comb through the internet for a variety of opinions. In Aruba, cheapest is not always the best and sometimes the savings of a renting a vehicle vs. a tour is not worth the aggravation of finding the vehicle, pick up on the island and then the return.

• 2 months later...

Just returned from Carnival Southern Caribbean cruise and took ABC North Coast Jeep tour through Carnival excursions. Had Hugo as our driver, he is also the Captain of the group. There were five Jeeps in our group and everyone had a blast! It is half island tour/ half rollercoaster ride! Definitely must do while in Aruba unless you have back/neck problems. Stops in park, Natural Bridge, Gold refinery ruins on the beach, Ostrich Farm, Lighthouse, and beach/snorkeling stop (they provided snorkeling gear). On return, they can drop you off in shopping district near the ship and walk back to port. Included were drinks and chips. Highly recommended.

For car or jeep rental suggestions I no longer recommend anyone. Just make sure you comb through the internet for a variety of opinions. In Aruba, cheapest is not always the best and sometimes the savings of a renting a vehicle vs. a tour is not worth the aggravation of finding the vehicle, pick up on the island and then the return.

what happened? why you now longer want to recommend anyone for the jeep?

Archived