Europe fare drops $1000 for two Verandah Suite

billroddy

On May 25 I printed out the Ryndam 20 Day July 21, R/T Dover to the Mediterranean. Today, June 8, I searched the same trip.

May fares top row, today fares bottom row:

Inside NN

$1,699

$1,299

Outside HH

$1,699

$1,499

Ver Suite BC

$2,999

$2,499

DeLuxe VSuite

$8,499

Same

Bill

Ancient Mariner

also very big price drops on the eurodam baltic cruises. ours was originally $2599 for balcony (non gty) and now you can get a balcony gty for $1399 or the next one up for $1999. both were originally just below the $2599 pricing..

Unfortunately, we are unable to take advantage of these price drops.

We are booked on the Ryndam in October. We booked in January.

Since we booked, our J inside cabin has dropped £520 ($803) per person. Final payment is due on 21st July.

I contacted HAL and was told they would not reduce the price for us.

This seems very unfair as, if we were in US, we would either get the reduced price or could cancel and re-book without penalty.

I just returned from a 7 day Alaska Explorer and found a brochure in my mail from Princess. I guess they share data bases because they are all Carnival owned companies. Anyhow i COULDN'T BELIEVE some of the prices!!

These are 2 for 1 fares, so they are not per person. I will just give a few examples of balcony staterooms:

7 day Scandinavia $799 Caribbean Princess July 1st

7 day Voyage of the Glaciers $799 Island Princess Aug 15

12 day Greek Isles and Mediterranean $1195 Crown Princess Aug 16

12 day Grand Mediterranean $1295 Ruby Princess Jul 5, 17, 29, Aug 10,22

12 day Holy Land $1495 Pacific Princess July 23, Aug 4, 16

I don't know if other lines are pricing as low but I assume great deals like this can be found elsewhere.

How can you beat a 12 day Grand Mediterranean balcony cruise for what amounts to about $50+ a day???

Carol' date=' can you not cancel and re-book at the lower rate? I've done that on this side of the pond when we were still outside of final payment date.

Donna[/quote']

No, if we cancel we lose our deposit (£1470).

The cabins either side of us are available at the lower price. If it drops again, we are better off cancelling and re-booking and throwing away the deposit. Or we may just cancel and go elsewhere :(

When I read other people's stories here on CC it makes me upset that the rules are so different for us. I have tried booking with a US TA but they will not take our booking. They say HAL does not allow this.

The other thing I am upset about with our cruise is that we asked if we could upgrade to cabin D563 (modified accessible with a shower). I cannot climb in and out of a bath tub so I would need this if we upgraded to an outside cabin.

HAL say this cabin is already booked.

Our cruise is a Collectors cruise which is a combination of 2 other cruises. This cabin is available for the 2 cruises separately so I don't understand why it is not available for the combined Collectors cruise :confused:

When I read other people's stories here on CC it makes me upset that the rules are so different for us. I have tried booking with a US TA but they will not take our booking. They say HAL does not allow this.

At least HAL and Princess practise this geographic discrimination. The only thing you have in your hand is loyalty, or lack thereof. Maybe next time, don't book until last minute and with whichever line suits you. Loyalty is reciprocal.

At least HAL and Princess practise this geographic discrimination. The only thing you have in your hand is loyalty, or lack thereof. Maybe next time, don't book until last minute and with whichever line suits you. Loyalty is reciprocal.

Because I have mobility problems I need to book well ahead of time. A cabin with a bath tub and no separate shower or a long way from an elevator would not be suitable for me.

Yes, I have been loyal. This cruise would move us to 4 star Mariners but HAL do not seem to care about that.

Yes, other lines (RCI, NCL and Windstar at least to my knowledge) have the same policy of cancel and lose your deposit but they are a lot more flexible on price drops.

Because I have mobility problems I need to book well ahead of time. A cabin with a bath tub and no separate shower or a long way from an elevator would not be suitable for me.

Yes, I have been loyal. This cruise would move us to 4 star Mariners but HAL do not seem to care about that.

Yes, other lines (RCI, NCL and Windstar at least to my knowledge) have the same policy of cancel and lose your deposit but they are a lot more flexible on price drops.

Did you book with HAL or a travel agent? I would try again and ask for a supervisor and plead your case. It never hurts to try. Or ask for some OBC pleading your case again about how loyal you are.

I guess a lot of the cruises end up dropping prices after final payment just to fill their ships. Only a few people can take advantage of that if you have to arrange air fares etc.

Did you book with HAL or a travel agent? I would try again and ask for a supervisor and plead your case. It never hurts to try. Or ask for some OBC pleading your case again about how loyal you are.

I guess a lot of the cruises end up dropping prices after final payment just to fill their ships. Only a few people can take advantage of that if you have to arrange air fares etc.

We booked direct with HAL UK.

It doesn't seem to matter who I speak to the answer is the same. I could accept this if the rules were the same for everyone but they are not.

The best they offer is to upgrade us from a J inside to an ocean view. As I said in another post we can only do this if they will let us book cabin D563 which has a shower rather than a bath tub.

For some reason they will not let us book that cabin although it is available.

I just returned from a 7 day Alaska Explorer and found a brochure in my mail from Princess. I guess they share data bases because they are all Carnival owned companies. Anyhow i COULDN'T BELIEVE some of the prices!!

These are 2 for 1 fares, so they are not per person. I will just give a few examples of balcony staterooms:

7 day Scandinavia $799 Caribbean Princess July 1st

7 day Voyage of the Glaciers $799 Island Princess Aug 15

12 day Greek Isles and Mediterranean $1195 Crown Princess Aug 16

12 day Grand Mediterranean $1295 Ruby Princess Jul 5, 17, 29, Aug 10,22

12 day Holy Land $1495 Pacific Princess July 23, Aug 4, 16

I don't know if other lines are pricing as low but I assume great deals like this can be found elsewhere.

How can you beat a 12 day Grand Mediterranean balcony cruise for what amounts to about $50+ a day???

Just curious, have you tried to book these or just make a fake booking? I've gotten snail mail from Princess and have tried to go in and book some of these to get an idea of the price. I haven't been able to get the price they show based on the date they quote. I'm sure there would be some excuse for it.

For those of you not in the know, customer accommodation is much less friendly in Europe than in North America (especially the U.S.) Starts with having to pay them money to call when you want to give them your money (though HAL UK seems to provide toll-free reservations)!

I wouldn't be surprised if U.K. an other European customers are charged not only more for the same cruise purchased at the same time but have no price protection rights. Only way I see to get around this is to have a credit card with an address in the U.S. so one can "pretend" to be a North American resident.

FWIW HAL doesn't seem to allow their cruises to be priced ex-U.K. online. Haven't been bothered to go through the trouble of using proxies to find out.

Just curious, have you tried to book these or just make a fake booking? I've gotten snail mail from Princess and have tried to go in and book some of these to get an idea of the price. I haven't been able to get the price they show based on the date they quote. I'm sure there would be some excuse for it.

I called the number on the mailing and was able to set up a booking for the Alaska one but then told them that I needed to find out if I could get airline tickets and would call them back. They said the offer was for a limited time only and I should get back to them today.

It looks like it is for real.

Those are really great prices.:D

You peaked my interest so I checked the current HAL asking price on my upcoming sailing. We are not to final payment as the advertised bookings you cited. HAL is currently asking nearly $3000 more than when we booked for a party of 2! :eek: (Albeit it's a VA as our VB staterooms are sold out) So glad we booked when we did! ;) It appears the ship is quite full for at least the first part of our cruise. So I guess it depends on the itinerary as to price adjustments.:D

The other thing I am upset about with our cruise is that we asked if we could upgrade to cabin D563 (modified accessible with a shower). I cannot climb in and out of a bath tub so I would need this if we upgraded to an outside cabin.

HAL say this cabin is already booked.

Our cruise is a Collectors cruise which is a combination of 2 other cruises. This cabin is available for the 2 cruises separately so I don't understand why it is not available for the combined Collectors cruise :confused:

If you booked with a TA, ask them to call and speak with a supervisor.Otherwise, do it yourself. Never hurts to keep trying.

Archived