Confused

hi all ok so I'm going on the indy in 3weeks I have checked in on line and printed the documents think they are tickets not sure? and also I have printed the booklet with luggage labels in aswell I booked through a ta is that all I need of do I get tickets from my ta also? Thanks

Are you flying? You could print off your e tickets. I am an obsessive document carrier but really I only need a passport and I can fly and cruise getting docs at the airport and the pier.

Currency? Got your Euros? Got small change for tipping room service?

If you are asking is do you just need to show up with a printed Set Sail pass to start your cruise, then the answer is yes. In fact, even if you don't have one, it will only take a short while to get that taken care of at the dick. Have a great cruise.

Are you flying? You could print off your e tickets. I am an obsessive document carrier but really I only need a passport and I can fly and cruise getting docs at the airport and the pier.

Currency? Got your Euros? Got small change for tipping room service?

I tend to be the same. However, on our last cruise on Navigator I decided to cut down on the paper that I carry as most anything that I needed I could look up in my e-mail account. So the last day of the cruise I tried to do my airline check-in and pull up my e-mail to find the record locater number. It turns out that I can't get into my account because I am trying to get in from an "unusual" IP address and they think that I am someone trying to hack the account. After several (expensive) cell phone calls I finally got the information that I needed.

Bottom line.... that is the last time that I am leaving for a cruise without everything that I could possibly need printed out and in my backpack!

hi all ok so I'm going on the indy in 3weeks I have checked in on line and printed the documents think they are tickets not sure? and also I have printed the booklet with luggage labels in aswell I booked through a ta is that all I need of do I get tickets from my ta also? Thanks

What I always take:

• Luggage labels, obviously (if possible laminate them and also take spares)
  • Your Setsail pass. This is kind of your 'ticket', and will make check-in far easier, so make sure you take it. It will say 'Setsail' at the top.
  • Photocopies of passports. Not necessary, but I always like to keep a copy with me.

I am a little compulsive (husbands words) I have a zipper pencel case that I put all paperwork in.

Set sail pass

Hotel reservation - we alwasy try to go to the port night before

Directions to the hotel - even though we have a GPS (has saved us with construction changes.

Luggage tags - never put them on before immediately leaving for the port.

Yes I probably don't need any of it and get get in the room or on the ship without but it has saved time, aggrevation, and money if reservations have been screwed up.

So yes hubby teases about my compulsiveness but usually at least once a trip I get the knowing smile because I am prepared.

Talk about obsessed -

I carry a three-ring notebook with info-dividers for "Booking", "Flight", "Hotel", "Ship", "Ports", and "Rollcall".

I use it to hold all the information that I accumulate during the months between booking and sailing (sometimes as much as a year away).

I have all the documents in each section (confirmation numbers for all the "e" stuff), along with research and info.

Then I simply carry the notebook and reach for it whenever each section of our trip occurs. I also keep it in the room and accumulate stuff during the cruise, and when we get home, there's my "Scrapbook" of our cruise.

Archived