Evening/Dinner clothes on Infinity/Alaska

Robin122

I don't understand why people only think this applies to the dining room? Nice to be dressed up all evening at any venue.

Because it does only apply to the MDR. Specialty Restaurants, Blu, the theatre, etc are smart casual and above every night.

I cruised Celebrity for the first time on an Alaska voyage and was (pleasantly) surprised at the casual nature of the trip in general. Certainly there were some who chose to dress to the nines on "formal" night, but the rule of thumb seemed to be 'neat and clean' over 'formal' - My friend and I (in our 50s) were at a table of 8, and not one wore a tie, suit, or floor length dress (in fact no dress was seen at our table). There were a lot of black slacks and pretty sweaters (some with glittery stuff on them), and nicer polo/button down shirts for the guys.

We LOVED the cruise, and LOVED Celebrity.

Have fun!!

I cruised Celebrity for the first time on an Alaska voyage and was (pleasantly) surprised at the casual nature of the trip in general. Certainly there were some who chose to dress to the nines on "formal" night, but the rule of thumb seemed to be 'neat and clean' over 'formal' - My friend and I (in our 50s) were at a table of 8, and not one wore a tie, suit, or floor length dress (in fact no dress was seen at our table). There were a lot of black slacks and pretty sweaters (some with glittery stuff on them), and nicer polo/button down shirts for the guys.

I agree, we got back yesterday, and our cruise seemed extremely casual. There were very few men in tuxes, very few long gowns. I observed more men were dressed in sportcoats than anything else. The women were very casual too, many in black pants and a top. I wore a cocktail dress, and actually was on the dressy end. I am not saying I felt out of place, just dressier than most.

The fact remains that the dress code for men requires a jacket on formal nights. While sometimes this is not enforced (there goes my pet peeve with Celebrity - inconsistency!) in most cases it is enforced. Depending on one's sensibilities, to be singled out at the entrance and given a jacket or denied entrance could be embarassing to say the least.

I have found that on my three Alaska cruises, the formal nights tended to be a little more casual than those I have seen on Caribbean cruises. More suit jackets, fewer tuxes and suits. Fewer long dresses. That said, the official dress code is formal and nothing says formal like a tuxedo and a long dress. Go for it if you want to! You will definitely not be alone, nor will you look out of place. There will still be plenty of folks that dressed up. My DH always wears his tux, and my adult son his dark suit.

Archived