Lufthansa next size down plane

cruiserdru

If Lufthansa is unable to get enough passengers for an A330-300 for a flight from IAD to FRA to be economically viable, do they have a next size down plane that they would switch to?

I have been through this with United when they 'downsized' our flight and we lost our first class awards seats because the new plane had fewer FC seats. Those seats went to paying passengers vice who booked first. :(

I am wondering if the same thing could happen on Lufthansa and it would be helpful to know what the next size plane is to see if it could accommodate the existing booked FC and BC passengers.

Our flight is just under 4 weeks out and Lufthansa still shows our same seat assignments and the same plane. I know, I know, stop worrying and go with the flow. :)

Thanks for any info.

Consider the flight after yours. They will need the plane in FRA for that one.

Actually, it is the other way around. The plane the OP is getting on came from FRA with a certain load. It will keep the same plane for the return to FRA, and plan a load accordingly.

If Lufthansa is unable to get enough passengers for an A330-300 for a flight from IAD to FRA to be economically viable, do they have a next size down plane that they would switch to?

Our flight is just under 4 weeks out and Lufthansa still shows our same seat assignments and the same plane. I know, I know, stop worrying and go with the flow. :)

Thanks for any info.

I believe the A330-300 is already the "next size down". There is another daily, 2nd flight, operated by LH IAD-FRA and it is the brand new 747-8. I can't think of any other aircraft LH could downsize to on this route. You gave yourself the best advise: stop worrying. ;)

Archived