Crown Princess

ItalianGuest

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in a cruise onboard Crown Princess for next July and would like to know if are there Italians onboard ( crew / officer / Chef / maìtre ) since I don't speak English very well and eventually they could help in event of necessity.

Thanks in advance.:) Regards

ItalianGuest

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in a cruise onboard Crown Princess for next July and would like to know if are there Italians onboard ( crew / officer / Chef / maìtre ) since I don't speak English very well and eventually they could help in event of necessity.

Thanks in advance.:) Regards

ItalianGuest

There are some Italian staff and officers however they rotate and it would be difficult to know what you would have on the Crown next year. There are still some Italians & Portuguese who worked on Sitmar before merging with Princess in the late 80s including maître d''s, head waiters and waiters. However it's become an international crew and could be any nationality in the world.

You obviously know more English than I know Italian which is mostly just different types of greetings. While it probably won't help you much, many of the chief engineers who keep the ship running are also Italian.

Ciao! :D

Other than some of the officers like the Captain, Maitre 'd, Executive Chef, etc. there are few Italians that I have run into among the crew. We had a cruise in 2009 with an Italian couple at the table next to us. FOrtunately, the Head Waiter was Italian. He came ober every evening to help them order.

Thank you very much for your posts! You're all very kind.:)

I've already sailed with Princess once and so I Know that there cold be Italians throught the staff... (we had a wonderful Italian-speaking maìtre from Portugal, Vasco, and the executive Chef was from Sicily...) now, I'm specifically interested in Crown Princess and the crew onboard for this summer.

Anybody recently back from Crown Princess?

Ciao;)

ItalianGuest

Ciro .... You have no problem reading/writing in English so you might want to consider what our older daughter does in France ... except you would be doing it in English: She takes a note pad in her purse to WRITE down in French what she is trying to say and ask them to respond to her by writing it in French. Not ideal ... but works. Just a thought.

We were on Crown Princess in January 2012 for 14 days and had several waiters from Italy. They were formally on Sitmar. We will always miss Sitmar!

Maybe you could ask to be seated with an Italian waiter.

Ciro .... You have no problem reading/writing in English so you might want to consider what our older daughter does in France ... except you would be doing it in English: She takes a note pad in her purse to WRITE down in French what she is trying to say and ask them to respond to her by writing it in French. Not ideal ... but works. Just a thought.

We were on Crown Princess in January 2012 for 14 days and had several waiters from Italy. They were formally on Sitmar. We will always miss Sitmar!

Maybe you could ask to be seated with an Italian waiter.

Thank you very much OCruisers!

You're so right... speak a foreing language is more difficult than writing or reading... a note pad could work!

Regards,

ItalianGuest

To be honest I usually don't have many problems sailing with American cruise lines...

my question is just because in event of emercgency have at least one Italian ( or Italian-speaking person ) on board could be very important for me, also because the other people of my family just speak a little bit of English.

So I always ask It before to choice my next cruise!

Ciao ItalianGuest

Archived