First time scooter rental

kathynorth

Hello Everyone, I wanted to check in and once again thank everyone who provided advise to us regarding my mother's first time using a scooter onboard a ship. We all had a wonderful time and mom had no trouble with the scooter. By using a scooter my mom exerienced a level of independence she hasn't had for quite awhile. She's now thinking of renovating her house to accommodate a home scooter.

We had an accessible stateroom, which was plenty big for the scooter. Mom had some initial trouble backing out of the room, but we quickly figured out that we could turn the scooter around using the space between our beds, making it easy enough to drive straight out of the room. As an FYI, one tip we received from a helpful poster was to back into elevators, which turned out to be much better than backing out! We did run into a bit of trouble negotiating our hallway due to another perpetually parked scooter in our path. The poor cabin steward spent a good amount of time running down the hall to move the scooter close to the wall so we could pass.

Hello Everyone, I wanted to check in and once again thank everyone who provided advise to us regarding my mother's first time using a scooter onboard a ship. We all had a wonderful time and mom had no trouble with the scooter. By using a scooter my mom exerienced a level of independence she hasn't had for quite awhile. She's now thinking of renovating her house to accommodate a home scooter.

We had an accessible stateroom, which was plenty big for the scooter. Mom had some initial trouble backing out of the room, but we quickly figured out that we could turn the scooter around using the space between our beds, making it easy enough to drive straight out of the room. As an FYI, one tip we received from a helpful poster was to back into elevators, which turned out to be much better than backing out! We did run into a bit of trouble negotiating our hallway due to another perpetually parked scooter in our path. The poor cabin steward spent a good amount of time running down the hall to move the scooter close to the wall so we could pass.

So glad to hear that things worked out, and that your mom had a great cruise. Thanks so much for taking the time to come back and tell us how things turned out! Happy Cruising!! :)

Archived