Let's start a dialogue....

Markmom18

We've only cruised RCCL, booking suites, we've quickly climbed to Diamond Status. Someone here on this board, very kindly I might add, with no judgement, just stated the facts of the major cruise lines past guest perks.

As RCCL cruisers, I was surprised at the lack of perks for you loyal Carnival Cruisers. When I booked our first cruise on Carnival, back in January of this year I asked about the perks for you kind folks. Seems you all have been waiting for a few years to get a new past guest in place.

I'm sorry to see it hasn't worked out as hoped for.

We've only cruised RCCL, booking suites, we've quickly climbed to Diamond Status. Someone here on this board, very kindly I might add, with no judgement, just stated the facts of the major cruise lines past guest perks.

As RCCL cruisers, I was surprised at the lack of perks for you loyal Carnival Cruisers. When I booked our first cruise on Carnival, back in January of this year I asked about the perks for you kind folks. Seems you all have been waiting for a few years to get a new past guest in place.

What is the point of your thread.. other than to say :p to Carnival.

Really... go back to your RCCL boards and share how wonderful RCCL is there.

I suspect that many Carnival cruisers hadn't hoped for anything at all from a loyalty program.

Some of us see through corporate loyalty programs, rewards, points, and whatnot as clever marketing schemes -- which is precisely what they are. The sole reason for these tactics is to manipulate consumers into sticking around and making more purchases. It isn't because a company wants to be nice. It's the bottom line.

Those of us who focus our buying power on itinerary, accommodations, and price could care less about silly tokens of corporate appreciation. But if you're someone who's into chasing carrots dangled from sticks, enjoy.

S/he would be more then glad to do so! but hey wait s/he doesn't need to do so because they already know how wonderful RCI is..especially when compared to Carnival!

Face it, when you are made to feel special and receive that special treatment, you return. We are very loyal to another line because of just that fact. On one cruise we got canapes every night, invitations to several private parties including one with Buzz Aldrin, the astronaut, received commemorative artwork for the maiden voyage of the ship we were sailing on (12 day cruise), were introduced to main officers and they addressed us personally throughout the trip, received personal notes from the CD, the hotel director, and others, and the list goes on.

My point? When you are treated so wonderfully, you will return. And we still frequent that line (it isn't Carnival)and are platinum with them. Carnival will not rise to this level nor do we expect them to. They are the ship of the masses.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Another ship trip&date=7-15-2012&text=&ship=Carnival Magic

Face it, when you are made to feel special and receive that special treatment, you return. We are very loyal to another line because of just that fact. On one cruise we got canapes every night, invitations to several private parties including one with Buzz Aldrin, the astronaut, received commemorative artwork for the maiden voyage of the ship we were sailing on (12 day cruise), were introduced to main officers and they addressed us personally throughout the trip, received personal notes from the CD, the hotel director, and others, and the list goes on.

My point? When you are treated so wonderfully, you will return. And we still frequent that line (it isn't Carnival)and are platinum with them. Carnival will not rise to this level nor do we expect them to. They are the ship of the masses.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Another ship trip&date=7-15-2012&text=&ship=Carnival Magic

Then why are you cruising on the Carnival Magic next month? :confused:

Wow Really? Why bother to post this?

You sure are brave. This is one board that if you post a negative, the cheerleaders come out in full force.They will have a good reason why it happened or defend whatever negative it is. Most have only cruised Carnival, are loyal to Carnival and have no idea what else is out there. So get ready and get out your popcorn. :D

You sure are brave. This is one board that if you post a negative, the cheerleaders come out in full force.They will have a good reason why it happened or defend whatever negative it is. Most have only cruised Carnival, are loyal to Carnival and have no idea what else is out there. So get ready and get out your popcorn. :D

I was very nice in my original post here folks. Please read it again, without bias. Thank you.

I've been reading this board about the long awaited past guest 'perks'....and if you read my original post sir/madam I was just expressing an opinion.

S/he would be more then glad to do so! but hey wait s/he doesn't need to do so because they already know how wonderful RCI is..especially when compared to Carnival!

Thank you for speaking for me, have we met :-D Please refer to my original comment. Thank you.

Thank you, janetz. I'm just shaking my head. I would just say, again, please read my original post people. Lordy.

So happy to know you know me....:)

Archived