Past Guest Party Question

Under the new loyalty program, one must have 25 sailing days with Carnival in order to receive an invite.

Do they count the days of the cruise you are currently on?

Also, do we still get to bring a guest?

:confused:

Thanks,

Rita

If you change tiers, your new status will begin at embarkation, so you won't have to switch anything over mid-cruise. To my knowledge you have never been allowed to bring a guest.

Technically, I don't think a guest was ever permitted. It was easy to get them in before because they had so many people trying to get in that they couldn't check everyone. Now, with fewer people being invited, they may be able to be able to keep better track of who should be there and who shouldn't. This is probably something that 1) you'd have to ask about at Guest Services, or 2) wait for people's experiences with it once they implement it.

Under the new loyalty program, one must have 25 sailing days with Carnival in order to receive an invite.

Do they count the days of the cruise you are currently on?

Also, do we still get to bring a guest?

:confused:

Thanks,

Rita

When I went on my first cruise in 2007, my parents were past guests and were allowed to bring us along to the party. we all checked in at embarkation together and dad's cc was assigned to all ss cards. therefore, we were "invited" to go with.

I have asked if I can bring a guest and have always been told yes. However, I don't know if we will still be allowed to do this.

The FAQ's state if there is space then they will be allowed and the invitation will have this information printed on it.

As far as the whole "change tiers" thing goes, it doesn't make sense. If this is true, then no one will actually board as "blue", since you only need 1 sail day to advance to red.

When I went on my first cruise in 2007, my parents were past guests and were allowed to bring us along to the party. we all checked in at embarkation together and dad's cc was assigned to all ss cards. therefore, we were "invited" to go with.

That's not quite true. Your parents brought you, but it has nothing to do with the credit card attached to you S&S card. Your parents just brought you, and Carnival never said anything. Guests have never been invited, but they've not been turned away when people asked or just showed up with extra people.

They changed the party in part due to too many people having eligibility, making the party too crowded. I wonder I'd they could have kept the party as is if they would have just allowed only those invited to attend.

I'm hoping they stick to their guns and allow only the people invited to attend the party, otherwise we'll have the same cluster we currently do. NCL has a party for silver up. It's a nice, intimate affair with high quality apps and drinks. I hope this new party is similar.

That's not quite true. Your parents brought you, but it has nothing to do with the credit card attached to you S&S card. Your parents just brought you, and Carnival never said anything. Guests have never been invited, but they've not been turned away when people asked or just showed up with extra people.

They changed the party in part due to too many people having eligibility, making the party too crowded. I wonder I'd they could have kept the party as is if they would have just allowed only those invited to attend.

I'm hoping they stick to their guns and allow only the people invited to attend the party, otherwise we'll have the same cluster we currently do. NCL has a party for silver up. It's a nice, intimate affair with high quality apps and drinks. I hope this new party is similar.

None of the invitations we have received ever said " and guest ". People just started bringing a guest because Carnival hardly ever enforces anything. I hope they start .

I've quit going to the past guest party because of the number of tag alongs.....The last one I went to I got ONE drink and no snacks. They should require the invitations to be presented at the door and for the people that say the invitations were lost, then they should not allow any blue or red card holders access.

Hey Rita I guess we just missed cruising together again. We were on the Freedom together last Dec. We will be on the Breeze in Jan. You'll have to let us know how it was. All fine with us (son will be getting married in 3 weeks) Hope all is good with you, pet licky for me

On the cruise I took in 2009, my invitation said "and guest." The one I took in 2010 did not, so I didn't go. My husband will be on his first cruise with me this September and I won't go if he is not also invited as my guest. I guess Carnival will win some and lose some with this one.

I've quit going to the past guest party because of the number of tag alongs.....The last one I went to I got ONE drink and no snacks. They should require the invitations to be presented at the door and for the people that say the invitations were lost, then they should not allow any blue or red card holders access.

It just crossed my mind that instead of all of that they could set up one of the "dingy" things, and you have to present your S&S card to gain entry. No card, then no entry.

It just crossed my mind that instead of all of that they could set up one of the "dingy" things, and you have to present your S&S card to gain entry. No card, then no entry.

That would certainly work, but just like any other customer service business they don't want to offend anyone or have anyone cause a scene. And that is exactly what would happen if only one half of a couple had earned the perk.

It's really sad because the past guest parties use to be fun. The cruise directors and some officers would be up on stage and then mingle among the crowd. People who were long time cruisers would be recognized it was much more of a social gathering than it is now.

It's become a grab as many drinks as you can contest where nobody is talking to nobody.

I have asked if I can bring a guest and have always been told yes. However, I don't know if we will still be allowed to do this.

The FAQ's state if there is space then they will be allowed and the invitation will have this information printed on it.

As far as the whole "change tiers" thing goes, it doesn't make sense. If this is true, then no one will actually board as "blue", since you only need 1 sail day to advance to red.

Blue is the exception to the changing tiers mid cruise thing - you don't move to red until your second cruise. I'm surprised there's not anyone in an uproar about that! Why have a blue level - shouldn't they be red as they will have their 1-24 days during that first cruise and should be entitled to their free beverage in the comedy brunch.

That would certainly work, but just like any other customer service business they don't want to offend anyone or have anyone cause a scene. And that is exactly what would happen if only one half of a couple had earned the perk.

It's really sad because the past guest parties use to be fun. The cruise directors and some officers would be up on stage and then mingle among the crowd. People who were long time cruisers would be recognized it was much more of a social gathering than it is now.

It's become a grab as many drinks as you can contest where nobody is talking to nobody.

We stopped attending the Past Guest Party about 5-6 cruises ago, for the same reasons. If you don't get there early, you will not get a seat. If you don't sit by the bar, you will not get a drink. If you do not sit by the kitchen, you will not get anything to snack on. It was always standing room only. In the past, it was a lovely social event, now it has become a free booze free for all. I'm hoping that with the new program, maybe we'll see it return to it's once glory :)

Blue is the exception to the changing tiers mid cruise thing - you don't move to red until your second cruise. I'm surprised there's not anyone in an uproar about that! Why have a blue level - shouldn't they be red as they will have their 1-24 days during that first cruise and should be entitled to their free beverage in the comedy brunch.

Blue and red don't start at any number of days. Blue is simply stated as First Sailing and Red is Second Sailing to 24 days...so really no exceptions, first sailing you are Blue.

I think that the only exception to the past guest party should be the spouse.

Our next cruise should be interesting...we will have 5 blue, 2 red, 2 gold and 1 platinum...

These are questions I have too because under the new system I am gold but my hubby is red BUT by the end of our next cruise he will be gold also.:confused: So really the issue is will he be able to go to the past guest party with me or not. The last one we went to was crowded but I want to check out the new change to see what is different, hopefully better. :)

this last cruise in January was my 4th and DD's first. It was just her and I. She went with me to the past guest party, no problem.

To be honest, I dont think that they are that great anyways. Wasnt crazy about the rum punch or the green drink and the food was just like 1 bite and not so great. This last one they played the ship video and tried to sell lottery tickets for a free cruise, that was about it. Others have had trivia games with prizes and people speaking.

To be honest, I don't think that they are that great anyways.

Wasn't crazy about the rum punch or the green drink and the food was just like 1 bite and not so great.

This last one they played the ship video and tried to sell lottery tickets for a free cruise, that was about it.

Others have had trivia games with prizes and people speaking.

Yes, they really are no big deal.

We bought lottery tickets for the free cruise, just in case we got lucky.

The drinks and snacks are no big deal, but what the heck it's something to do, to fill time,

and it's a freebie, and kinda fun experiencing the audience participation

when they ask how many cruises folks have been on!

Archived