My child is platinum, I'm not. Questions...

lightnin

My four almost five year old daughter is platinum. :D I'm a lowly red cruiser under the new VIFP program. :p

My question is, would I be able to board VIP with her?

Also, would I be able to attend the Past Guest Party as my daughter's guest? She gets an invitation for the past guest party when she sails, and if I'm not mistaken the invitation allows for one guest to accompany the invited guest. Any ideas on these scenarios??

Only past guests are invited, no guests are invited.. but since she is a minor, Im betting if you ask nicely for the favor, please and thank you, they would let you in....no guests are not invited.

If you turn gold on that cruise you would get your own invitation which sounds likely if you are red now?? would you have 25 days by the next cruise?

if you are in the same cabin with her, all boarding passes for that cabin will say VIP. since she would be on your credit card, they will let you check in with her anyway, even though your card would be stored in a different area and they would have to go get it.

Its not really a big deal sometimes to check in VIP, as the line can be longer if only one rep is working VIP and it can be faster not to check in VIP, just depends on when you arrive and how check in is progressing, seen it both ways.

I know once my sister was booked in my cabin and I admitted she would be a no show and it locked up my booking for 20 minutes and only one rep was doing check in.. I felt bad for the other VIPs waiting behind me to check in. this was galveston where its done in a separate room and the rep had to go get help to redo my booking to check me in.

No, unfortunately I won't turn gold on my next sailing. :( My daughter has been very fortunate to travel as much as she has with her Nanna! (What an awesome Nanna!) I on the other hand, have been left behind to keep earning the $$. :)

Hmm, I could've sworn that the past guest party included a guest. Guess I was mistaken...perhaps you're right though, maybe they would be willing to let me "sneak" in with her lol.

My four almost five year old daughter is platinum. :D I'm a lowly red cruiser under the new VIFP program. :p

Also, would I be able to attend the Past Guest Party as my daughter's guest? She gets an invitation for the past guest party when she sails, and if I'm not mistaken the invitation allows for one guest to accompany the invited guest. Any ideas on these scenarios??

when we were on our first cruise, I showed that I had sailed before (must have been someone with the same name) I got and invitation to the past cruise party and my husband was able to go with me. I am positive that my invite said "my name & guest"

If you are a past guest, you will be invited to the Past Guest party, along with your daughter.

If this is your first cruise and you are traveling with a past guest, the invitation definitely does allow you to bring a guest, anyone traveling with your daugter in the same stateroom will be invited to attend with her.

You definitely will be able to check-in with your daughter in the VIP section. Anyone booked in the same stateroom as someone with VIP status will be allowed to book in with them. If you are traveling with a group and they are not VIP, they will need to go thru the regular check-in lines.

when we were on our first cruise, I showed that I had sailed before (must have been someone with the same name) I got and invitation to the past cruise party and my husband was able to go with me. I am positive that my invite said "my name & guest"

Mine do not, maybe they used to say that in the past?? I have known people who had to ask if they could go in and never refused .. but the invites I get do not say ... and guest. Maybe thats just a assumption on people's part?? Im sorry I dont have any here to read and type into here.

The past guest partys on some ships have so many attending that they have to do two parties so everyone who is a past guest has a seat. This was true on Triumph last time. They had to have one at 4 pm and one at 5 pm.

I'm sure CCL would not like A young Lady at that age going unaccompanied

Could be poosible if she was a "Leap Year" born baby. LOL

If you are a past guest, you will be invited to the Past Guest party, along with your daughter.

If this is your first cruise and you are traveling with a past guest, the invitation definitely does allow you to bring a guest, anyone traveling with your daugter in the same stateroom will be invited to attend with her.

You definitely will be able to check-in with your daughter in the VIP section. Anyone booked in the same stateroom as someone with VIP status will be allowed to book in with them. If you are traveling with a group and they are not VIP, they will need to go thru the regular check-in lines.

Unfortunately the new loyalty program's "past guest" party does not allow everyone who is a past guest attend. You have to have so many sailing days. 25 I believe it is.

On the other hand, one of my past guest invitations allowed for a guest.

This is so funny. I'd be envious of my platinum level kid. :D

Is there anything at all about this event that would appeal to a 5 year old? (I am genuinely curious :confused: - not being sarcastic :rolleyes:).

She enjoyed the fruitpunch and the video of all the ships she has been on. ;)

Archived