So much for better deals for VIFP members

SmogMonster

So one of the "perks" for being a vifp member is special discounted rates. Thats a crock. I clicked on the VIFP Only deals on the Carnival site to see what kind of savings I would enjoy.

Guess what?? I can book the exact same cruise through a popular site known as **pedia for $10 BUCKs cheaper per person. :eek:

Why does this not surpirse me?

My Benefits

Your Cruise History

0 VIFP Points

Your VIFP points breakdown

Cruise Day Points

VIFP Points

0 Total cruises

lol I don`t qalify as this is what it gives me....lmao

Hasn't the past guest rate always been about $50 per person lower than their highest rate for a 7-night cruise, but more expensive than Early Saver?

If so, nothing has changed in that regard. Past guest won't really benefit you unless you're booking close in when Early Saver is no longer offered or you don't want to get involved with the Early Saver restrictions for one reason or another.

I show no deals at this time too! Plus I have 0 pts! I am platinum but for some reason it has my past guest # wrong. There seems to be no where I can change it. My hubby and son has 57 days and show platinum (we have 10 cruises). Also my twins are merged as one person because they dont show a # for one of them. My pvp said this last time I booked and was supposed to fix it.

I show no deals at this time too! Plus I have 0 pts! I am platinum but for some reason it has my past guest # wrong. There seems to be no where I can change it. My hubby and son has 57 days and show platinum (we have 10 cruises). Also my twins are merged as one person because they dont show a # for one of them. My pvp said this last time I booked and was supposed to fix it.

if you go to the VIFP page, (the one that says "no new special offers at this time) and scroll down to the box that says "VIFP club Members Only Fares". Click on "view details". you get some rates that are offerred for cruises.

Guess what?? I can book the exact same cruise through a popular site known as **pedia for $10 BUCKs cheaper per person. :eek:

Why does this not surpirse me?

Because **pedia's starting rates are for 1A's with bunkbeds.. The Carnival website doesn't start bookings with 1A pricing.

Archived