Lunenburg or Peggy's Cove?

The ship will be in Halifax from 8-5. I don't think we have time to drive to both Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove, so I'm wondering which would be the better destination. Thanks for any input!

Nancy

Lunenburg is lovely. Eat at the Fish Market. It overlooks the harbor and the seafood is wonderful.

We did both--high-tailed it out to Lunenburg, came back by Mahone Bay and did a quick stop at Peggy's Cove. We had no problem with time. If you go to Lunenburg, check out the ship builder for the new Blue Nose.

Did you get to see the Blue Nose?

I would choose Lunenburg. You can also go through Mahone Bay and Blue Rocks, which are very close by.

Personally, I think Peggy's Cove is overrated.

There's not much to see or do at Peggy's Cove. It's good for a photo or two but that's about it. I'd choose Lunenburg and Mahone Bay too.

Thanks everyone for your input. I was leaning towards going to Lunenburg because I, too, had heard that Peggy's Cove was quite crowded with bus tours.

You've confirmed my thoughts. Just what I needed!

Nancy

The ship will be in Halifax from 8-5. I don't think we have time to drive to both Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove, so I'm wondering which would be the better destination. Thanks for any input!

Nancy

Lunenburg!!! My suggestion would be to drive there by highway and return using the coastal route stopping along the way as you wish. Given an 8:30 a.m. start, you will have time to visit Peggy's Cove, but I wouldn't miss other interesting areas just to go there. I would choose returning to Halifax early and enjoying some of the points of interest in the city.

Do get to the car rental location as early as possible. They are extremely slow and under staffed.

Archived