4-Night Monarch of the Seas - Suite Life - Picture Review

I'm sure we all know that anxious feeling we get towards the end of a cruise (or anything else we're really enjoying) when we unwillingly let our minds realize that it's almost over. It's that little tinge of disappointment, because we don't want it to end.

Does anyone else get a little of that reading a well done review such as this? I do, I honestly got a little anxious as you came down to the last day of your cruise. I didn't want to see it end.

Excellent review. As I've said before, we were on Monarch back in January and it's the Monarch reviews that really get to us. A well written review really can have us feeling like we're back on board all over again. And, it's the pictures that really send that feeling home.

Thanks for a great review....and,just a little nostalgia!

OH, and Disney's Beach Club is one of our favorites. That one or the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sounds like a great vacation for anyone to have.

We ate lunch on the Boardwalk.

7417405908_4936c59c61_c.jpg

DSC_6912 by vshingl, on Flickr

It's a quiet, relaxing place to go to get away from the theme park chaos.

Then headed to Epcot for our favorite attraction, Soarin.

7417401902_9b1c9c06bb_c.jpg

DSC_6920 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then the bottom fell out of the sky, so we headed back to the resort. Then Rach and I went for a swim when it cleared up.

7417535132_af9dd6ba7c_c.jpg

DSCN0446 by vshingl, on Flickr

And had underwater camera fun.

7417534268_300742515c_c.jpg

DSCN0448 by vshingl, on Flickr

7417530250_e6da7992ea_c.jpg

DSCN0455 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then we headed back to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic - Rachel's choice (it had been a few years since she had seen it).

Once again, I was happy to have my zoom lens.

What's up, Mickey?

7417491396_47c26fbdf2_c.jpg

DSC_6931 by vshingl, on Flickr

7417462932_5ca54f388e_c.jpg

DSC_6990 by vshingl, on Flickr

My favorite shot -

7417447344_ab8e1c8b66_c.jpg

DSC_7025 by vshingl, on Flickr

7417446424_872c2df2ca_c.jpg

DSC_7027 by vshingl, on Flickr

7426830750_79df5e2ace_z.jpg

DSC_7040 by vshingl, on Flickr

Great review and great pictures. It is nice to see that you had a great cruise with a mix of family and friends coming together. Too bad there was some extra help from Paula :-) and that the crew was not to typical RCI standards. It is good to hear that those issues did not get in the way of a good time.

Monarch of the Seas was my first cruise and she will always have a special place in my heart. It is sad to see her move out of the RCI rotation. It was nice to experience the trip through your eyes. You have a great ability and I look forward to future reviews.

Victoria, you have a great talent for tellling and sharing your stories. You pictures add so much to the story. I see you love life and have fun with all you do. Keep up the good writing.

Cheers

Great review and pics as usual and as expected :D. I especially enjoy your reviews because my kids are around the same age as you and your sisters and it's neat to read a younger perspective. I'm sure your parents are very proud!

Enjoy your summer!

What a great picture review. Wonderful job, along with the fun nature of your personality. Loved it!

We are on Oasis in a few days and you have got me into the cruising mood:D. Didn't take much as the brain is always thinking about cruising.

We will be enjoying the suite life and I will do a review, but sadly with not as many high quality pictures that you have put together.

Our next camera will the water proof feature. Very cool.

Andrew

Victoria,

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Monarch. I was on Monarch in December( my first cruise), and the crew was great. I feel bad, since a lot of what you describe wasn't bad customer service, but just flat out rudeness. Hopefully your next RCI cruise will bring a better crew and another of your fabulous trip reports. I, too look forward to short cruises on Enchantment when it goes to Port Canaveral. As of this moment I've been on two cruises, Oasis and Monarch, so it would be nice to try one of the in-between sized boats.

Victoria - thanks for the review. I am now following your travel blog and reading some of your Disney reviews. Like you, my two loves are Disney and cruising. You made me want to try to do a quick Monarch cruise before she leaves the line. I never would have known until the very end that you were disappointed in the upkeep and crew on the ship. Glad you were able to have an amazing vacation regardless. And congrats to Rachel!!

Victoria, thanks for sharing your trip with us. I feel like I know you and your family! I enjoyed reading your previous review also. I love hearing how close you and your sister are. I have 2 daughters (ages 8 and 10) who have now been on 2 cruises and have fallen in love with it. I just hope they stay as close as they are now when they are older like you and Rachel are.

We are also big Disney nuts. We are west coasters though (from Seattle) so we generally hit Disneyland instead of Disneyworld. We've only been to WDW once and also stayed at the Beach Club. Loved it!

Thanks again for taking the time to entertain so many of us!

Thanks to all for the kind words! It's your encouragement that makes me continue to write these detailed reviews.

I do try to keep a positive spin on my trip reports - just because a few bad things here and there aren't going to put a damper on my vacation, and I don't want them to be a downer on my trip reports, either. I don't think I'm a Royal Caribbean cheerleader or a hater... I am just a fan of cruising. :)

If you're already anticipating my next report :D, it will probably be of our next Christmas cruise - not sure where we're going or what cruise line we're sailing, but I did overhear my parents talking about flights the other day! And if you need a 'LittleMiss fix' in between, check out my travel blog. I'm leaving for Hilton Head this afternoon (in a few hours and I haven't packed a thing - ack! :eek:), and I'm trying to squeeze another Disney trip in this summer.

I'm subscribed to this thread, so if you have any questions about the Monarch or the itinerary, feel free to ask, and I'll get back to you asap!

Until then, happy cruising! :)

Thanks to all for the kind words! It's your encouragement that makes me continue to write these detailed reviews.

I do try to keep a positive spin on my trip reports - just because a few bad things here and there aren't going to put a damper on my vacation, and I don't want them to be a downer on my trip reports, either. I don't think I'm a Royal Caribbean cheerleader or a hater... I am just a fan of cruising. :)

If you're already anticipating my next report :D, it will probably be of our next Christmas cruise - not sure where we're going or what cruise line we're sailing, but I did overhear my parents talking about flights the other day! And if you need a 'LittleMiss fix' in between, check out my travel blog. I'm leaving for Hilton Head this afternoon (in a few hours and I haven't packed a thing - ack! :eek:), and I'm trying to squeeze another Disney trip in this summer.

I'm subscribed to this thread, so if you have any questions about the Monarch or the itinerary, feel free to ask, and I'll get back to you asap!

Until then, happy cruising! :)

Gah I'm guilty of having opened your post way back when it started only to not start to read yet as I know I'm going to need a lot of time. Now I'm really going to need a lot of time to get through it while continuing to finish mine. Have fun in Hilton Head!

And if you need a 'LittleMiss fix' in between, check out my travel blog.

Okay, since you mentioned your travel blog I went to go check it out... imagine my surprise to see an entry mentioning Brookhaven MS! My mom's family is from Brookhaven and my grandmother used to teach elementary school there. :D

Small world! :)