Harsh .. Rude .. Responses for the Newbies

mc'smom

[quote name='corina27']Oh good grief Derf would you make a new poll so you can get it out of your system...:) :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[size=4]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :D [/size]

[quote name='GoinCruisin'][size=4]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :D [/size][/QUOTE]
Oh go ahead, *let* him. I haven't triangled anything yet today. :p

[quote name='Chucksta63']Oh come on GC we know you LOVE Polls!!! ROTFLMAO:p If yo only knew folks lol!!!!:)[/QUOTE]

On the Princess board I have a thread asking what do you think of polls
Right now it is 24-14 in favor of them

Poll: Polls; Yes or No
from
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174632[/url]

Thank you for all of your responses

I guess we all know now, how to take some CC members.
With a grain of salt.....

I thank everyone for thier words of wisdom & their expertise as I book my next cruise.... ( carnival )

Take care and Happy Mother's Day

Lisa

[quote name='biomedbob']What are the qualifications of a "Blue Ribbon Cruiser"?;)[/QUOTE]

What is a Blue Ribbon Cruiser? Charter Member? 5,000+ Club etc.?
from
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_new_faq_item[/url]

[QUOTE=mc'smom]T
With a grain of salt.....
[/QUOTE]

What is the actual derivation of the phrase with a grain of salt?
from
[url]http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20010425[/url]

Note that there is some confusion between GrainOfSalt and PinchOfSalt.
from
[url]http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PinchOfSalt[/url]

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by [b]cruzn buckeye[/b]
[i]I really don't like it when someone clicks on a thread just so that they can post a reply that says "here we go again...do a search!" Why waste the time giving that reply? Just go to the next thread and enjoy reading what you want to read.[/i]
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Running_Dad']I agree completely.

You'll never eliminate those posts as long as people are obsessed with padding their post count. After all isn't it everyone's life long goal to be "Blue Ribbon Cruiser":rolleyes: ?

Pat
Running Dad[/QUOTE]s

OMG.....it's so true....I've been here since 2000 and had around 4000 posts before they switched to the new board. (and lost my count)

Some of these people have posted 5000 or 10,000 posts in the last year ! :rolleyes:

[quote name='voyagerfl']
Some of these people have posted 5000 or 10,000 posts in the last year ! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You mean like

Total Posts: 27,467 (18.42 posts per day)
from
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=37765[/url]

I remember when I was a newbie people were really nice for the most part. But I also try and remember with some of the negative ones that you can't see the posters emotion through a computer screen, so while it might be a negative post it could just that person's personality or a dry sense of humor.

Cruise Critic is the BEST and most fun place to get cruise information in my opinion. I only post before a cruise and it's like second nature as soon as I log on. I got so excited on Friday when my boyfriend suprised me with a graduation cruise that I even said "I get to post on cruise critic and find us some cruise friends!"

There are some people that just like to be rude on any website/message board you go to. Don't let it get you down :)

Why is it so bad for some us to be Blue Ribbon Cruisers.... we always seem to get talked badly about? We cruise often & have lots of friends on CC. Maybe some of you others should get more actively involved & meet as many nice people from here that we have. Some of us have made lasting friendships and currently are traveling to New Orleans for a reunion weekend with our CC friends. People coming from 9 states can't be all that bad. :D We also have Dallas/Ft Worth parties several times a year with locals & out of state people attending.

Lots of great information & people on CC. Hope everyone can enjoy it. :)

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]I would have to agree with [b]BrendaB1.[/b] Many of the regular posters here also have a very dry sense of humor. If they make a crack, its really for all their friends [b]that understand them, [/b]seldom to actually help the OP. I don't think they mean any actual harm or embarrassment to the OP either.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Plus, many subjects are very controversial. Even though the OP is asking an innocent question about SMOKING, CHILDREN ON BOARD, FORMAL NIGHT, etc., this is bound to draw out even regular posters that are on [u]opposite[/u] sides of the issue. E.G., post a new thread with the question, [b]"Should I bring my toddler on a cruise with me?" [/b]and watch what happens. I can predict with very good accuracy the responses from at least 10 regulars on this subject. (Tef will always have the "best" one). :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Those complainers really need to develop some tougher skin, IMHO. Its someone's tagline, sorry can't remember, but says something about only being intimidated or made to feel inferior if you give the respondent permission to do this. Its just a message board. Its supposed to generate differing ideas, concepts, and opinions.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]If you feel someone is intentionally trying to "get your goat" (watch Derf jump on that one):D, hit the yellow triangle or just IGNORE them. Most of the time a response from you is their main goal anyway and ignoring them drives them nuts. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Incidentally, many of the posts of [b]Sue D Miller[/b] consist of " :D". If a post, in order to be counted, had to have 10 or more words in it, she'd only have a couple thousand. (you can bet I'll hear about this, too). [/color][/size][/font][/i]

Gary, the tag line you're thinking of belongs to Laura Sterling and is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I'm rather fond of Eleanor myself. ;)

A person's post count doesn't mean squat to me. If I'm a Blue Ribbon Cruiser, so what? All that means to me is that I probably had some posts grandfathered from the old board and that I have been an active participant in several forums here in the past 4 years (almost). I've asked questions, answered others, made new friends and had some fun along the way! :)

[quote name='glrounds']Many of the regular posters here also have a very dry sense of humor. If they make a crack, its really for all their friends [b]that understand them, [/b]seldom to actually help the OP. I don't think they mean any actual harm or embarrassment to the OP either.[/QUOTE]

Does this include me or am I being paranoid.

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
from
[url]http://www.geometricvisions.com/Madness/schizoaffective-disorder/paranoia.html[/url]

[quote name='glrounds']"get your goat" (watch Derf jump on that one):D, [/QUOTE]

that ties the phrase to the world of horse racing.
from
[url]http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/3/messages/432.html[/url]

Folks Who Get Your Goat
from
[url]http://prairiehome.forum.publicradio.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/10/230233[/url]

[quote name='derf5585']Does this include me or am I being paranoid.

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
from
[url="http://www.geometricvisions.com/Madness/schizoaffective-disorder/paranoia.html"]http://www.geometricvisions.com/Madness/schizoaffective-disorder/paranoia.html[/url][/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]You'll love this Derf:[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]If a psychiatrist is treating you for an inferiority complex and he discovers that you[b] actually are inferior[/b], does this mean he's cured you? :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]By the same token, if they are [b]actually out to get you[/b] you're not paranoid as your feelings are then [u]not[/u] unrealistic and delusional. :rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='momof4boys']I am a newbie, first cruise in July, and everyone has tolerated my dumb questions with politeness and humor! Including things like Paradise Beach or another beach? Thanks.:)[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Before my second cruise. Or was it my first...no my old computer was crashed for the first. Okay so before my second cruise I had some idea of what to expect but my first cruise was Royal Caribbean and my second was Carnival. I think I asked some REALLY, REALLY stupid questions. No, scratch that...I know I did. People were really nice. I only encountered one person with a 'tude and everyone else was super sweet :)

I'm pretty finicky about checking to see if there is a thread before I post something because I've been on other boards so maybe that helped?

Anyhow, I <3 CC, it's SO handy when prepping for a cruise! That and it gets me even more excited than I already am!

[quote name='glrounds']If a psychiatrist is treating you for an inferiority complex and he discovers that you[b] actually are inferior[/b], does this mean he's cured you? :D[/QUOTE]

What do you mean IF.

Archived