Harsh .. Rude .. Responses for the Newbies

mc'smom

most of the time new posts come from newbies, i mean a season longtime cc poster, probably isn't starting to many post of there own! Unless it's a reveiw.
I personally could care less what the tote board on the name says about how amny post a person has,
It is never appropriate to be rude! period! you can rationalize all you want and shrug it off as jerks will be jerks! but bottomline mostly a poster is just looking for answers, opinions, or words of experience. And beleive it or not experienced words don't have to come off with attitude!

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='momof4boys']I am a newbie, first cruise in July, and everyone has tolerated my dumb questions with politeness and humor! Including things like Paradise Beach or another beach? Thanks.:)[/QUOTE]Shouting

S C R A N T O N

Lots of good, honest people here. When it comes down to it....we are all cruisers......all name calling or flaming aside. After going on a couple of CC group cruises....most I have met in person have been great people.Several of us have made lasting friendships. Please don't judge us all by a few posts. :D

OP-

Halos made a very valid comment to one of my posts on a post about bringing an iron on-board. I said that the OP probably wasn't counting on dissertations and lectures on her post, and she pointed out that the negative comments were towards those who said they do it anyway.

I certainly hope no one will be rude to those new to CC, even if it has been a question asked a million times before. In a perfect world, a simple "yes, no, you should or you can't do that" would satisfy the person asking the question, and the thread would die, but that probably isn't going to happen.

[quote name='SuiteCruiser']How do you find your room number on a guarantee?

(running and ducking)...[/QUOTE]
Let's see, that's an easy one to answer! :)

First you get to the pier...........

;)

[quote name='Running_Dad']I agree completely.

You'll never eliminate those posts as long as people are obsessed with padding their post count. After all isn't it everyone's life long goal to be "Blue Ribbon Cruiser":rolleyes: ?

Pat
Running Dad[/QUOTE]

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Please don't flame but... I've never really understood where people find the time or energy to post 15-20 times a day. I'm sure the vast majority of people on these boards are absolutely gold standard folks but unfortunately, message boards provide a soapbox that many may not have available to them in real life. For some reason, quantity is valued more than quality with regard this or any other message board posts. Somewhere along the line, some people reach a point where they begin to think that this is "their" board and are entitled to slam anyone who has to gall to ask what they percieve as a stupid question.

Again, nothing personal to the vast majority of those with high post counts but there is a point where research and information gathering about a cruise crosses the line and becomes something of an obsession.

[quote name='Decali']DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Please don't flame but... I've never really understood where people find the time or energy to post 15-20 times a day. I'm sure the vast majority of people on these boards are absolutely gold standard folks but unfortunately, message boards provide a soapbox that many may not have available to them in real life. For some reason, quantity is valued more than quality with regard this or any other message board posts. Somewhere along the line, some people reach a point where they begin to think that this is "their" board and are entitled to slam anyone who has to gall to ask what they percieve as a stupid question.

Again, nothing personal to the vast majority of those with high post counts but there is a point where research and information gathering about a cruise crosses the line and becomes something of an obsession.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]I think I may be able to give you one answer to your question. Some of us have met, cruised together and planned our next cruise , all on these boards. We have established lasting friendships and maintain contact through Cruise Critic. Some of our particular group are retired, some have jobs where they can check in during the workday. Some may only post at night. Through the years I have seen a number of people who post just to stir up trouble and we never see them again, others take it upon themselves to be the "Cruise Critic Police". Post count IMO means nothing. I cannot understand how some are obsessed with the number of posts someone else has. If you really need or want a high post count, there is a board here that some use for just that purpose. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='fishinguspo']Being kind to each other is what makes these boards work, otherwise it would be a venue whereby we take out our frustrations on each other.[/QUOTE]Lets not give anyone any ideas..;)

Archived