How's the Diamond Princess these days.

janacin

We're considering a cruise on the Diamond early next year. Has there been a dry dock fairly recently? Does she have any of the new stuff that the Sapphire (her twin) has had? Is there a dry dock scheduled? Any recent Diamond cruisers? Would love to hear friom you.

Will be on the Dia,one in Sept. Will miss the international Cafe. Are there snacks available, like cookies/pizza available somewhere else?

Does the Diamond have the new pillow top beds or the usual hard as rocks beds? Thanks!

Will be on the Dia,one in Sept. Will miss the international Cafe. Are there snacks available, like cookies/pizza available somewhere else?

Cookies will be available at times at the Lobby Bar on deck 5.

Of course snacks (inmcluding cookies) will be available all afternoon and evening in the Horizon Court buffet.

Pizza has never been available at the International Buffet. On the Diamond, you can get Pizza at Prego Pizza by Neptune's pool on deck 14.

Doubt if steward can supply mattress. That's what OP was talking about :)

Sorry, I am sure I read somewhere that they add the 'egg carton' type topping to the existing mattress if it isn't the pillow top mattress, which gives the same effect.:D

We were also on the Diamond with Pia on Baja deck and we had the old hard mattress with an egg crate over it. Also our pillows were so soft, had to ask for additional pillows.

We too were on the same cruise with Pia, Baja deck balcony and had hard mattresses (we don't mind though). How is it that Pia gets the new stuff!?!?

We too were on the same cruise with Pia, Baja deck balcony and had hard mattresses (we don't mind though). How is it that Pia gets the new stuff!?!?

Maybe Pia (and only Pia can answer this) asked for it before hand with the TA or something. Or Pia may be just lucky.:D

A dry dock is not needed to replace mattresses.

Hope not as I'm on Diamond for 16 days in Oct./Nov. I will miss the IC but then do you really need that peanut butter fudge pudding twice a day YES:o

Archived