Gotta Laugh AT This

CRUISE4JANE

DH just went in the Dining Room (Yep, everything is starting to come downstairs) and just saw all the luggage and just the shorts stacked on the dining room table. He says, "Where are my shorts". I said, "There (one stack)". Yet I have 4 stacks (so far) :eek:. He said, "Why are you bringing so many shorts". I said, "I may change my mind and want to wear something else instead :p. Yes, I am one of the over packesrs who always brings extra clothes home that has not been worn :rolleyes:. Looks like DH will have 1/4 of the luggage and I will have 3/4.

If I don't bring home at least one outfit that has never been worn on a cruise, I officially did not pack enough.

This! I always get at least one new cruise outfit and almost never actually wear anything but the new clothes lol:)

I am not an over-packer, but I have learned to bring one additional set of clothing. You never know what might happen. It may be too hot or too cold for what you brought, you might spill something on yourself and don't want to send those clothes out or take the time to wash them yourself, something might rip. Whatever! One cruise I had to buy a Carnival hoodie because the ship was so cold in all the public rooms. One time I had to buy a t-shirt. (Don't remember why.)

Like I said, I'm a planner, but have learned to be a little flexible.

Now as far as DH having 1/4 of suitcase and me having 3/4, I see nothing wrong with that.:D

I still have quite a bit of time, but am still dreading the packing. I hate to pack, and I am soooo worried that I am going to forget something that I desperately needed. And with our wedding being on board, I'm so terrified it will be something that I needed for the wedding and won't be able to get onboard.

So, what am I doing to combat this issue? LISTS!! Yes, I have already started lists as to what I need to pack and how much of it!

And future DH will NOT have that much room in our suitcases either! :p

On our first cruise, a 14 yr. old grand-dau bunked with us.

Her girl-cousins were also on the cruise.

They came by our cabin and they all went thru her suitcase

which is when Gran and I discovered it was just BRIMMING with clothes!!

Gran asked her "Why so many clothes for a 4-nighter?"

Response: "Gran...I didn't know what to bring

-so I simply packed EVERYthing!"

They start young. ;)

76 days out and I was trying on clothes today and realized that although we have decided to forgo going really formal I still am taking too much. I just have so little opportunity in my everyday life to dress up, even casually, that to be able to do it on a cruise is a real treat for me. Oh well, bring on the luggage fees.

I am not an over-packer, but I have learned to bring one additional set of clothing. You never know what might happen. It may be too hot or too cold for what you brought, you might spill something on yourself and don't want to send those clothes out or take the time to wash them yourself, something might rip. Whatever! One cruise I had to buy a Carnival hoodie because the ship was so cold in all the public rooms. One time I had to buy a t-shirt. (Don't remember why.)

Now as far as DH having 1/4 of suitcase and me having 3/4, I see nothing wrong with that.:D

I assume you each carryon your own suitcases.:rolleyes::D

My daughter just informed me she is bringing a hoodie because she was freezing on the last cruise. Guess I need to add that :eek:.

CRUISE BRIDE - Jeez! You have more to worry about than me. Hope all goes well and have a "Happy Wedding Day".

IOWA GIRL - Yep, those shoes are big. Now he says to add sneakers for the walking track.

I am a chronic over-packer and the amount of stuff I brought back from my last 7 day cruise (stuff I never touched) was obscene. And not just clothes, either. My DH is worse than I am. The problem is when we drive to port, we just take EVERYTHING!

I am going with my DS12 next month; four days in Boston then a five day cruise. Since we are flying, I'm going to try to limit it to a carry-on and backpack each. That will be a challenge since Boston will be hot and humid and Canada will be chilly and foggy.

Laundry room...here I come!

76 days out and I was trying on clothes today and realized that although we have decided to forgo going really formal I still am taking too much. I just have so little opportunity in my everyday life to dress up, even casually, that to be able to do it on a cruise is a real treat for me. Oh well, bring on the luggage fees.

I thought it would be fun to get into nicer outfits, but learned quickly my brain woke up and declared "Hell no" I'm not wasting my time. Except for elegant nights, it was pretty casual. Took a lot less space and time.

Talk about a laugh. I admit I overpack. Our first cruise I set things out to pack, put hubby's dress slacks on the door of the closet. Sometime packing day hubby moved them to a hook behind the door. When we arrived at hotel day before they comped us a meal because of some problems on their end. Had to open the dress bag since dinner was dressy. Good thing, when I asked dh where we're his slacks, he says "I put them on the back of the door, didn't you see them? Out of sight out of mind. Quick trip to get a pair of slacks. I OVER PACK

This upcoming cruise will be hard for me. We have always driven to port and packed pre cruise clothes in separate luggage and then left those in the car.

Now I have to pack our pre cruise clothes (2 extra days of pre cruise vacation) and the others together....YIKES!!!

Not sure why you don't keep a bag packed at all times??? You never know when those pack and go rates will be too much to pass up:D Just wash and repack every 2 weeks or so and you are always ready LOL

Not sure why you don't keep a bag packed at all times??? You never know when those pack and go rates will be too much to pass up:D Just wash and repack every 2 weeks or so and you are always ready LOL

:D:D

That's what DH said when I booked another for next month. He said since I hadn't completely unpacked from the last one, I should just leave a bag packed in the trunk of my car!

Not sure why you don't keep a bag packed at all times??? You never know when those pack and go rates will be too much to pass up:D Just wash and repack every 2 weeks or so and you are always ready LOL[/quote

I guess I can't do that as I am what they would call a non-loyalty cruiser. I cruise because I want to, not for the sales or perks. This will be my 3rd cruise since 2001. On the other hand, I should have my bags packed at all times for Las Vegas or the Ms. Gulf Coast. :) Now that is what I call perks. :p

I know Im going to buy stuff, have all the glitter shirts from the shops onboard, and now up to doubles.

So, I only pack one per day, .. because of 30 to 40 past cruises .. I know me and know Im going to buy stuff.

Jane, my advice is to bring a overflow bag. Unless you hate to shop, you will need more space going home than you needed to get there. I bring a fold up bag in my luggage that I can carry home.

PS today I was complimented on my "Coach" bag, nice sized one, and last Sept I bought SEVEN of these bags, which look real, but who knows. I was offered $50 for it another time today .. and thats just today. I got that one for $35 in Cozumel.

Forget bringing all that stuff with you. I pack light because I go on cruises to power shop.

Archived