Luggage Tags - When to affix

Aussie71

We have printed and folded our P&O luggage tags.

• When is the best time to attach them to our luggage?
  • Is there an area at Portside where luggage tags can be attached?
  • What is the best method - staple or clear packaging tape?
  • Do we need to take our own packaging tape?

We need to fly to Brisbane first.

Thanks

Thanks

We have not had any trouble with our tags. All we do is fold them and cover them with ordinary book covering - Contact. We put them through the handle and staple them together before leaving home for the port.

As we don't fly to ports I can't answer for when to attach them in that situation - someone else will be able to answer that for you.

Hi Aussie71,

I usually put them on before I catch the plane. I sticky tape over the whole lot and then attach together around the handle with the tape too. I only ever have take onboard luggage but it would be alright on the checkin luggage if it is totally covered. The handlers are pretty rough !

I usually take a few extra as I buy some soft drink before I board so I attach the extra tags to the soft drinks dockside. Yes you need to bring your own tape.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Fiona

• When is the best time to attach them to our luggage?when you are about to leave home
  • Is there an area at Portside where luggage tags can be attached?yes there is
  • What is the best method - staple or clear packaging tape?wahat ever you fell you should do
  • Do we need to take our own packaging tape?up to you but we have never had to use it

We need to fly to Brisbane first. where are you?

Thanks

??????????????????????

I just use staples. No clear contact, no sticky tape, just three staples at the top of the baggage tag.

That being said, I've bought a cheap stapler at the $2 shop for the weekend after next, to check into my luggage. We've got to fly from Sydney, so I will have to rip off the Qantas tag, so I'll use it for the four of us cruising, and then leave it in a drawer for some Chinese person staying in U38 to use when they get on board the Pacific Sun.

...I usually take a few extra as I buy some soft drink before I board so I attach the extra tags to the soft drinks dockside. Yes you need to bring your own tape.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Fiona

Thanks Fiona, we are also intending on purchasing some softdrink. Where is the best place to buy it from Woolworths at the Airport Village or at the IGA Portside. We will be travelling by taxi, so I am not sure what will be the easiest. I will take extra luggage for the softdrink cartons.

Thanks

The original poster said they have to fly to Brisbane so I wouldn't attach the P&O luggage labels until I am about to hand the luggage in at Portside. (I don't agree with Thied on this one, but I think they have only cruised from Brisbane where they live.) If you attach these labels before your flight they are likely to get damaged or pulled off during handling by the airline staff. I think airlines prefer that you don't have unnecessary labels attacked to your luggage.

The original poster said they have to fly to Brisbane so I wouldn't attach the P&O luggage labels until I am about to hand the luggage in at Portside. (I don't agree with Thied on this one, but I think they have only cruised from Brisbane where they live.) If you attach these labels before your flight they are likely to get damaged or pulled off during handling by the airline staff. I think airlines prefer that you don't have unnecessary labels attacked to your luggage.
We hardly ever loose tags in any case we always print extra and printing a few extra does not cost much.

You have your way of putting your tags on and we have ours and other people have there ways as well, so there many chorces for Aussie71.

When you arrive at the Dock and check your bags the Baggage Handlers HAVE staplers to attach any bag tags you have.

If you forgot them or can't find them they have PLENTY of tags for you to hand write the details on them.

There is no need to laminate tags etc unless it's pouring with rain and even then I would me more concerned about the contents getting wet rather than a soggy tag.

I have never had any tags go missing but if it happens to do so make sure you have a tag that has your name on it oh and LOCK the luggage up too.

Thanks Fiona, we are also intending on purchasing some softdrink. Where is the best place to buy it from Woolworths at the Airport Village or at the IGA Portside. We will be travelling by taxi, so I am not sure what will be the easiest. I will take extra luggage for the softdrink cartons.

Hi Aussie71,

I get the taxi to do a little detour to the coles on Racecourse Road Ascot 4007. Crn of Dobson Road.Its a normal sized coles -not an express/little one. We are already coming down Nudgee Road from the airport so no big deal !The Coles is 2 mins drive the Wharf. The past few times I have printed a map(google maps) for the taxi driver so there is no way he/she can get lost. Its only 1 minute out of the way and depending how long you're in the supermarket it will only cost a couple of bucks more.

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

Archived