Is there a benefit to booking another cruise as a PAST PASSENGER?

purrfect007

First NCL trip coming up, but I am already looking to book another. I do not yet have a past passenger number to reference and I don't know if it is worth bothering.

What benefits are there in reserving once you have sailed?:confused:

Apologize in advance for the digression, but looking at the rewards page, what is a "Priority Tender Ticket"?

When the ship has to use tenders (small boats) to take people ashore you get priority on the earlier ones rather than having to wait until you can go ashore!

You can always add the latitudes number after you get off your first cruise meaning the only real difference would be if they were offering a special latitudes price on the second cruise which can happen at times. Also if waiting to book until after your first cruise you will be able to purchase a Future cruise credit to act as your deposit.

Some booking engines have a check box for being a past passenger. You can try with and without that box checked to see if there is any difference in the rates.

If memory serves, there is a cruise line(s) that offers discounts to past passengers but I don't think it's NCL.

First NCL trip coming up, but I am already looking to book another. I do not yet have a past passenger number to reference and I don't know if it is worth bothering.

What benefits are there in reserving once you have sailed/quote]

Looks like you're sailing very soon. As someone else suggested, I'd buy a cruise reward certificate onboard. It's $250 charged to your onboard account, they give you an immediate $100 credit (net cost $150) and you can use the certificate, still valued at $250 for the full deposit on your next cruise when you book. It has to be a cruise over 5 days but, unless you book a high level suite it will count as a full deposit. If it were me, I'd wait until you get back.

Following up on my similar question. I am going to buy the cruise credit for $250, OBC of $100 making net cost $150. is this per person or per room?

The deposit is usually $500 for a balcony stateroom for 2 of us. I'm looking at booking breakaway the following year to Bermuda. Not sure if I should buy 1 or 2 cruise credits.

Following up on my similar question. I am going to buy the cruise credit for $250, OBC of $100 making net cost $150. is this per person or per room?

The deposit is usually $500 for a balcony stateroom for 2 of us. I'm looking at booking breakaway the following year to Bermuda. Not sure if I should buy 1 or 2 cruise credits.

It counts as full deposit even if you have 3 or 4 people in your cabin! As long as you are not booking a numbered suite, ie, S1, S2 etc it is the only deposit needed. If you are booking a numbered suite, you can still use the FCR as part of your deposit but must make up the difference with a CC.

Some booking engines have a check box for being a past passenger. You can try with and without that box checked to see if there is any difference in the rates.

If memory serves, there is a cruise line(s) that offers discounts to past passengers but I don't think it's NCL.

That would be DCL. They offer 10% off the cruise fare, 10% deposit vs. 20% & $200 OBC if you book a future cruise while onboard.

now I am even more confused.:confused:

The dash sale vs. onboard credit to book a future cruise. What makes more sense?

Am I understanding that the 250 credit is still a FULL 250 credit towards the next deposit, plus I receive 100 on board to spend right away?

And, I do not have to put anything more down for a deposit than the 250 on my next booking?

I am sure I don't have it straight.

What benefits are there in reserving once you have sailed?:confused:

After you have sailed one time with NCL you will then have a Past Passenger number, NCL does not offer discount for Past Passengers but occaisionally there are specials for Latitude Member such as book any Caribbean Cruise and receive Ship Board Credit based on the cabin category. I have that on my Upcoming cruise, I booked it last year and I got Ship Board credit from having booked a Suite plus it is in a Travel Agency Group so there is Ship Board Credit from that. It is always worth putting in your Past Passenger number when you book.

The dash sale vs. onboard credit to book a future cruise. What makes more sense?

Am I understanding that the 250 credit is still a FULL 250 credit towards the next deposit, plus I receive 100 on board to spend right away?

And, I do not have to put anything more down for a deposit than the 250 on my next booking?

The Dash Sale is going on now and NCL does this frequently. If I had an open Deposit and I was looking to book a cruise while NCL was having a Dash Sale I would not waste my Open Deposit. Since they are good for 4 years I would wait unless my 4 years was coming close to expiring. But since it sounds like the OP has not even sailed with NCL yet need to to worry about that booking under the Dash Sale is the way to go :)

You have it straight. Mine just took $100 off my account at the end. I just booked on Epic, all that was required was the $250 deposit (for 2 of us).

You can buy the future cruise certificate and also book with a Dash sail. If I remember correctly, you are sailing with 2 sons? The deposit with no sail would be $250 per person, so 3 of you would be $750. If you booked only with the dash sale, the deposit would be reduced to $375. If you booked with the FCC, that would cover the cost of the deposit for the 3 of you. If the dash sale was on, you would also get the on board credit and the e-coupons.

Am I understanding that the 250 credit is still a FULL 250 credit towards the next deposit, plus I receive 100 on board to spend right away? When you purchase the FCC, yes. :)

Correct (unless you book a high end suite)

I think you've got it!

I used my FCC to book a mini-suite for 4 adults and no extra cash required.

You have got it 100 per cent right. In effect they are giving you a $100 gift to spend immediately on board

Please note the cruise reward will secure a deposit SOME suites. I have used it twice to book my aft PH on the Sun. No additional deposit required.

Correct! ;) It is only the numbered Suites (S1, S2, S3, etc) -- suites in The Haven -- that require an additional deposit! :)

Archived