When choosing an aft wrap...

Counsel

I am considering surprising my wife with an aft wrap on a future cruise on the Valor. She LOVES spending time on the balconies! :cool:

Can I please get some input here from those who are familiar with the aft wraps on the Conquest class?

I have pretty much decided against Verandah - we hate the sound of the chairs scraped across the Lido deck floor. I notice that the cabin shapes on the Upper deck are totally different shaped than those on the Empress. The balcony on the Empress wraps to the side much more.

Also, is the lack of privacy from people being able to look down a factor? I would appreciate input from those who have been in both styles of cabins. Thanks!

Bruce

aka Counsel

Go to the Thread "Show me your aft!" and you will get lots of pictures. I agree with you that you don't want to be under the Lido. It looks to me like the cabins on Upper Deck have more space truly aft and some on the side and the ones on Deck 7 have more side balcony and not as much aft. Also the cabins on Upper deck have a couch in them and the ones on 7 and 8 do not. When you get answers to your question, or look at the thread I mentioned, keep in mind that not all Carnival ships are the same. Only Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom) are the same. So if someone is showing a picture of Dream, or another ship, it will not be exactly the same as the Conquest Class.

Regarding privacy, the balcony partitions are slanted at an angle, so the people in the balcony next to you could peer over and peak at yours. Of course, this is true with a regular balcony as well....most people are polite about respecting your space. If you go to the extreme edge of your balcony the decks above will be able to look down and see you as the decks step back as the ship goes up. But if you are in chairs closer to your cabin wall you will not be on view.

had 9475 aft wrap on dream fairly small room as there is crew access panel next door. Had had aft deck 6 on dream and the promanade is right underneath but not a real problem. had deck 6 aft wrap on Valor and it was great. the views of the blue water iare wonderful

We were in 7440 on the Valor. We really liked that it wrapped around the side for more shade if needed... Also liked that the window was just above the head of the bed.. In the morning I opened the drapes, rolled over and looked out at the water. I also like deck 7 because it was two down to the Promenade and two up to the Lido Buffet, which was perfect....

Archived