Tracking RCI Ships !

Does anybody else like to track where their favourite RCI ship is ?

5 days ago I got my first ever iPhone - and now I am completely addicted to Shipmate !!!

And there is an Android version too !

Does make me drool tho when I can track where the beautiful Indy is at the touch of a button :D

Am losing hours and hours of my life on Shipmate !!!

Anybody else do that - or is it just me ???

Yeah I am obsessed as well, I hate to admit it but I am. I check where "Explorer" is everyday. Its a cool app. overall, there's a similar app. for Walt Disney World. Obviously Disney doesn't move around like a ship, but its massive amounts of info on the park and where every single thing is in the park.

5 days ago I got my first ever iPhone - and now I am completely addicted to Shipmate !!!

Does make me drool tho when I can track where the beautiful Indy is at the touch of a button :D

Didn't know about this one Clio;);) oh no another thing to get addicted to as if the webcams are not enough:D

How come when i search for Shipmate in the app store there is one for Carnival, Princess, etc but not RCL?

Well I just put "Royal Caribbean Shipmate" into the search and it appeared !

Try this for more info http://shipmateapp.com/

Just scroll down and all the cruise lines are listed at the bottom...

Hope this helps !

Didn't know about this one Clio;);) oh no another thing to get addicted to as if the webcams are not enough:D

Lol Emmy,

Just another thing to keep us going in between our cruises !!!

While I enjoy cruising and it is my vacation of choice unless I am on it I really don't care where a ship is nor do I want to watch it sail down an inlet. For those that do...have at it.:D

Now back to the bottled water thread.

While I enjoy cruising and it is my vacation of choice unless I am on it I really don't care where a ship is nor do I want to watch it sail down an inlet. For those that do...have at it.:D

Now back to the bottled water thread.

LOL...

So I'm guessing you won't be downloading the fantastic "Shipmate" app then Puffinater ???

Or watching the fantastic Port Webcams of PTZtv ???

Put a space between ship and mate. I just put in ship mate royal and it came up telling me that it is already installed on my phone. All of others seem to come up with shipmate but this one seems to like ship mate.

The Princess one is better, as it has the bridge cam option. If you have a Princess cruise coming up, you can see what the people on board can see when looking forward. I wish the RCCL Shipmate ap had this feature.

It Does !

But only for Oasis & Allure...

Not really sure why there are no other webcams for the rest of the RCI fleet ? :confused:

Are you sure you are really "tracking" the ships or is it only a planned route if everyting is on schedule?

Are you sure you are really "tracking" the ships or is it only a planned route if everyting is on schedule?

No, it tracks the ship, and as I said earlier, some of the ships have bridge cams that you can access using the app. Mighty cool, esp. in the weeks and days as your cruise approaches.

No, it tracks the ship, and as I said earlier, some of the ships have bridge cams that you can access using the app. Mighty cool, esp. in the weeks and days as your cruise approaches.

Does it really track RCCL ships? Carnival and Princess have active bridge cams but not so much with RCCL. I'm not sure I'm aware of active webcams on any other RCCL ship other than Oasis or Allure and they don't provide the ship's position. RCCL appears to be much more concerned about security.

Here is another great ship tracking web site. You can track all ships in an area or search for a specific ship.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I really enjoyed this, and on a bridge tour learned that the ships have a versions of AIS that is actually used onboard. That was cool, and I could talk about the system with the officer giving the tour, it was neat.

Here is another great ship tracking web site. You can track all ships in an area or search for a specific ship.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I really enjoyed this, and on a bridge tour learned that the ships have a versions of AIS that is actually used onboard. That was cool, and I could talk about the system with the officer giving the tour, it was neat.

RCCL ships are not usually visible on this site. Only the Majesty showed up in the Caribbean

Archived