Is the Inifinity as "tired" as in the pictures?

cricri7

Thanks Denny for your advice. I did check the reviews for a review of someone who had been in an inside cabin and there were none. The question was asking was whether or not the Infinity had done the renovations to the inside cabin as they show on the other three ships in that class. Your quite right we do thoroughly enjoy cruising on Hal, but we want the itinerary the Infinity has scheduled for next June. So we will let your know after the cruise how it compares.

It is the same for me.....I go on the Celebrity website and I see those inside cabins with the pale blue covers, which have clearly seen better days, and all the other cabins have clearly been Solsiticized. I am afraid that I will end up with one of those inside cabins. I can see that the suites and verandas have been refurbished but the oceanview and inside have the older pictures. It is confusing.

Thanks to all for your answers!!

So that must mean no tired pale blue comforters!!! They look on the pictures like they had seen better days;)

Thanks to all of you....I just have to think about it during my cruise to Bermuda, leaving on Sunday on the Veendam, and look at it all when I come back. I am hesitating between the Westerdam and the Infinity....or going back for a second time to Bermuda in August....quite a nice problem!!!

You keep insisting that the pictures look tired and worn out. Do you really think Celebrity is going to take pictures of worn comforters on their website?

Perhaps it's just understated, or boring to your taste. But I really don't believe the pictures on their website show a worn out comforter. Perhaps a link would change my mind.

I don't buy your original premise that the pictures are tired so it's hard to answer your original question. I was on the Infinity last Nov before it was refurbed in a Ocean View and loved it.

I was on the Infinity a year ago, so it was before she was refurbished, and found the ship fine then. We had a sky suite on deck 9, which did not have new furnishings, and it was quite nice.

Service throughout the ship was outstanding, and the food was good. I would not hesitate to sail on the Infinity again, but I will miss the large observation lounge, which I believe now houses the children's program on one side. The huge observation lounge was fabulous for viewing the scenery in Alaska. Comfortable furniture there, too, for reading and relaxing.

You keep insisting that the pictures look tired and worn out. Do you really think Celebrity is going to take pictures of worn comforters on their website?

Perhaps it's just understated, or boring to your taste. But I really don't believe the pictures on their website show a worn out comforter. Perhaps a link would change my mind.

I don't buy your original premise that the pictures are tired so it's hard to answer your original question. I was on the Infinity last Nov before it was refurbed in a Ocean View and loved it.

Here is the link to the Celebrity website...you just have to scroll down to the pictures of the inside. I may be picky, but when I pay 1500$ I expect a little more than what I am seeing.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=IN#staterooms/explore/ships/staterooms.do%3FshipCode=IN

Why does inside cabin on the Infinity not look the same as the inside cabin on Millennium. It was supposedly renovated last Dec. 2011, so should look the same. RIGHT or wrong?

Here is the link to the Celebrity website...you just have to scroll down to the pictures of the inside. I may be picky, but when I pay 1500$ I expect a little more than what I am seeing.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=IN#staterooms/explore/ships/staterooms.do%3FshipCode=IN

Well the photo in question only shows the beds taken from the vanity/desk area. It doesn't show whole area (closets, vanity, TV, bathrooms, and couch) taken the other way from the bed area so this picture isn't showing the whole cabin area..maybe half. I went on the Summit and had an inside cabin on deck 7. The room was quite nice and spacious and recently renovated. I was quite happy and the cabin was quite functional. I believe the Infinity recently was renovated too. Inside, outside and balcony cabins are all the same internal size @ 170 sq feet. It's only when the upgrade to Aqua, Concierge, mini-suite and suite does the internal room size increase substantially and you will pay more accordingly. Most all standard cabins (inside/outside) with all the major cruise lines range from 130 to 190 sq feet so the Celebrity's cabins are fairly in line with the other lines if not on the upper end. No matter what you cabin should be clean and if you have any issues just advise your cabin steward. Mine went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. :)

More than a few posters have told you the Infinity has been upgraded. The photos are old ones. Look at all the other photos on the M-Class ships and you'll see the comforters being used. They are modern with no patterns.

All (well, there are probably a few outlayers) the Celebrity standard SRs, Inside, Oceanview and Balcony, are the same layout and size except for the windows and balcony addition. That photo is unappealing...twins with old comforters....It isn't nickpicky if the comforter style would bother you. I was on an older Carnival ship a few years ago, and thought the cabin was terrible. Same size and setup as I'm use to but it's color skeem was orange...I thought I was back in the '70's and was looking for the avacado trim! And I'm a guy who usually doesnt care that much!

You need to consider how many are telling you that isn't what it looks like and to look at all the other ships in Infinity's class on the website to see what She really looks like now.

Not sure what else you are looking for to be convenced. If you are still worried and somehow think these posters aren't telling you the truth for whatever reason, then try another ship, or another Line.

Den

We loved Infinity when we went to Chile & Argentina (Patagonia) but were disappointed when we went to Alaska last week. Our furniture was nearly all broken. We were in Aqua Class this time, so we expected a room like our concierge room a few years back but with some bells & whistles. The new showers (jets of some kind) were so poorly designed that they got the whole bathroom wet even with the shower door closed. The new mattresses were lovely, however. We also thoroughly enjoyed dining in Blu.

Wow, sorry about your cabin. We were on the Infiinity last week, Concierge cabin, aft, on deck 7, and our room was great. We had a great time and thoroughly loved the ship, top to bottom. She's not a Solstice-class ship, but she's still a beauty.

More than a few posters have told you the Infinity has been upgraded. The photos are old ones. Look at all the other photos on the M-Class ships and you'll see the comforters being used. They are modern with no patterns.

All (well, there are probably a few outlayers) the Celebrity standard SRs, Inside, Oceanview and Balcony, are the same layout and size except for the windows and balcony addition. That photo is unappealing...twins with old comforters....It isn't nickpicky if the comforter style would bother you. I was on an older Carnival ship a few years ago, and thought the cabin was terrible. Same size and setup as I'm use to but it's color skeem was orange...I thought I was back in the '70's and was looking for the avacado trim! And I'm a guy who usually doesnt care that much!

You need to consider how many are telling you that isn't what it looks like and to look at all the other ships in Infinity's class on the website to see what She really looks like now.

Not sure what else you are looking for to be convenced. If you are still worried and somehow think these posters aren't telling you the truth for whatever reason, then try another ship, or another Line.

Den

I included the link because ORV said that he had never seen such pictures on the Celebrity website. I now believe the rooms have been refurbished since every poster says so...I do not put their word in question at all! It just means that Celebrity has refurbished the rooms but haven't updated their website, which happens quite often with companies!

I have to add that I travel solo and am an early-to-bed type. I watch television...I am hearing gaps from readers....and read in my cabin so I am happy if I am in a nice room. I hear you with the orange and avocado scheme of color...haha....I also pay double so maybe that is why I am a bit more picky.

I want to thank each and every one of you for reassuring me....my decision would now be based only on the price between Holland and Celebrity. I won't be worried about the Infinity as I was before this post. I did not know it has been refurbished last year.

Never trust the pix on the website. Perfect example in your link. What hey show as aqua class cabins are actually aqua class photos from the Solstice class ships. The M- class aqua class cabins look different.

I included the link because ORV said that he had never seen such pictures on the Celebrity website. I now believe the rooms have been refurbished since every poster says so...I do not put their word in question at all! It just means that Celebrity has refurbished the rooms but haven't updated their website, which happens quite often with companies!

I have to add that I travel solo and am an early-to-bed type. I watch television...I am hearing gaps from readers....and read in my cabin so I am happy if I am in a nice room. I hear you with the orange and avocado scheme of color...haha....I also pay double so maybe that is why I am a bit more picky.

I want to thank each and every one of you for reassuring me....my decision would now be based only on the price between Holland and Celebrity. I won't be worried about the Infinity as I was before this post. I did not know it has been refurbished last year.

Thanks for coming back and telling us what you planned to do and how helpful the thread was, many ask a question, get their answer and disappear. Very nice of you. I hope my thread didnt read too judgemental....sounds like you'll do just fine. They are all nice SR. No gasps here about TV and reading in your SR, and since you have to pay close to double getting a single SR, completely understandable about an Inside.

There are very neat areas around the Infinity to read which can be very quite. The T-Spa on deck 10 froward is an inside pool, very warm and nice. Adult only except for a few cruises with inclement wx, and a very soothing place to relax, and you might find good to read in. The Aqua Spa Cafe is there also with light, healthy breafasts and lunches.

Enjoy your cruise.

To hopefully close this off on a good note, just to let you know we are booked on the Infinity next June to the British Isle, our cabin is an inside cabin #8073. We are very much looking forward to this cruise. Thank you for helping assure us we made the right decision.

Archived