Is the Inifinity as "tired" as in the pictures?

cricri7

I have been looking at the Infinity more closely since the prices for an Alaska cruise in August are not too expensive, but the pictures from the staterooms are leaving me undecided.

I am used to nice cabins....I have cruised the refurbished Summit in March and the cabins are great. I did not care much for the food but the ship was gorgeous. I have cruised on the Solstice, incredible stateroom, and on Holland many times where I have never been disappointed with a cabin.

I have looked at pictures and am almost scared to stay in one. Am I overreacting? Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on the Inifinity?

Also....I was very disappointed with the food on the Summit this past March. I have cruised on the Solstice and found the food incredible so I was surprised that it was more than average on the Summit. Is there more of an effort on the cruises to Alaska food wise? I was told that they sometimes skimp on the food on the Carribean cruises but make more of an effort for the Europe and Alaska cruises. Is it true?

I have many questions so I will be happy if you can answer only one of them;)

Can anyone verify that they have been? I have already asked this question before and get the standard answer as you have stated. I am hoping to hear from someone who has seen the changes, especially to the the inside cabins.

Can anyone verify that they have been? I have already asked this question before and get the standard answer as you have stated. I am hoping to hear from someone who has seen the changes, especially to the the inside cabins.

We cruised in IN in March/April in an OV cabin and it was clean and comfortable. New carpet in the passageways and clubs. I would rather have a tired ship and a fabulous crew than vice versa. ~ Ric

I sailed on Infinity on January 2, 2012. The ship is lovely. The cabins were nicely appointed. The bed was great. The food in the MDR was excellent. Crew were just plain awesome. We were in an outside cabin on deck 3.

Sailed on Century in an S1 Sky Suite in April and Infinity was a better voyage by far. In my review of Century, I mentioned that I was amazed how the dining rooms on ships in the same line, with the same corporate recipes and ordering processes, could have such a difference in MDR quality.

We just got back from sailing the Infinity yesterday, and I'd like to know what pictures you've seen that you are referring to. The ship was gorgeous, top to bottom, and the food was tremendous! I'd have to say the food was much better than on the Summit when we sailed her last fall. The only negative knock that I could possibly come up with is that our aft cabin balcony could have used a good pressure washing. It was actually kind of gunky and seemed dirty. Mind you, the ship is ailing Alaska and it does rain quite often, so I can see where the ship can accumulate gunk on the aft balcony. Still, that is absolutely the only thing that I can come up with. All in all, she was fabulous!

Infinity, Summit & Millennium were Solsticized recently. This is fact, and it's mentioned on the Celebrity website. I hope this helps.

Thank you. The reason I question it is looking at the website the update on the Infinity, it still shows the old picture of an inside (setup twin beds) cabin. I am hoping the cabin looks like the inside cabin on the Millennium on the website. Thanks.

I sailed Infinity twice last year--before she went through the Solsticization last November--and again for two weeks this January... I liked Infinity before but, with the refurbishment, she is looking fresh and contemporary...

The staterooms on Deck 11--including several inside cabins--were added during the recent dry dock... They are about as new and comfortable as you're apt to find on any ship... And other interior cabins should be on a par with the one you occupied on Summit...

I wouldn't sell Infinity short...

Thank you. The reason I question it is looking at the website the update on the Infinity, it still shows the old picture of an inside (setup twin beds) cabin. I am hoping the cabin looks like the inside cabin on the Millennium on the website. Thanks.

It is the same for me.....I go on the Celebrity website and I see those inside cabins with the pale blue covers, which have clearly seen better days, and all the other cabins have clearly been Solsiticized. I am afraid that I will end up with one of those inside cabins. I can see that the suites and verandas have been refurbished but the oceanview and inside have the older pictures. It is confusing.

Thanks to all for your answers!!

We just got back from sailing the Infinity yesterday, and I'd like to know what pictures you've seen that you are referring to. The ship was gorgeous, top to bottom, and the food was tremendous! I'd have to say the food was much better than on the Summit when we sailed her last fall. The only negative knock that I could possibly come up with is that our aft cabin balcony could have used a good pressure washing. It was actually kind of gunky and seemed dirty. Mind you, the ship is ailing Alaska and it does rain quite often, so I can see where the ship can accumulate gunk on the aft balcony. Still, that is absolutely the only thing that I can come up with. All in all, she was fabulous!

How was your trip in general? Going on Friday....

We just returned from the Infinity 4 weeks ago from Alaska and the cabins are very clean. New carpet the only thing is they must have skipped the grout in the showers. Not sparkly white but still fine. There is a little rust on the outside balcony (at least ours was) and some places the carpet is already worn but I had absolutely no complaints about anything on this cruise. We enjoyed ourselves and the food was wonderful as well as a very happy crew.

Happy sailing.:p:p:p

How was your trip in general? Going on Friday....

We lucked out with decent weather for most of the cruise. I'm working on my full review and will post it tomorrow. It was beautiful when we left Seattle, the day at sea was bumpy, Ketchikan was cold and rainy, but the rest of the cruise was great, with not much sun but temps in the low 60's.

The food in the dining room was fantastic, and if you've never done Qsine, we highly recommend it.

Recently the hubby and I spent thirty-one nights on the Infinity. We boarded on April 10th for a pair of Panama Canal cruises. We were also on the Infinity in May, 2011. We were in one of the new Aqua Class cabins on deck 11 and found the ship to be in excellent condition. We didn't find it tired at all.

We also heartily agree with RMSeadog -- we would prefer a wonderful crew and staff over a tired ship. And the Infinity crew is spectacular.

We were on the Infinity for 17 nights for the Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle repositioning cruise. We had an inside cabin and it was great. The carpet and bedding were new. The bathroom floors were not redone but were very clean. The food was excellent and the crew & staff some of the best we have ever had.

We had a concierge cabin on deck 6 nestled amongst the beautiful, big suites and our room was great. Our deck furniture was a different answer, but the room was very nice and spacious. We enjoyed the Infinity and thought the whole ship was beautiful. Never saw an inside cabin though.

We were on the Infinity for 17 nights for the Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle repositioning cruise. We had an inside cabin and it was great. The carpet and bedding were new. The bathroom floors were not redone but were very clean. The food was excellent and the crew & staff some of the best we have ever had.

So that must mean no tired pale blue comforters!!! They look on the pictures like they had seen better days;)

Thanks to all of you....I just have to think about it during my cruise to Bermuda, leaving on Sunday on the Veendam, and look at it all when I come back. I am hesitating between the Westerdam and the Infinity....or going back for a second time to Bermuda in August....quite a nice problem!!!

I have been looking at the Infinity more closely since the prices for an Alaska cruise in August are not too expensive, but the pictures from the staterooms are leaving me undecided.

I am used to nice cabins....I have cruised the refurbished Summit in March and the cabins are great. I did not care much for the food but the ship was gorgeous. I have cruised on the Solstice, incredible stateroom, and on Holland many times where I have never been disappointed with a cabin.

I have looked at pictures and am almost scared to stay in one. Am I overreacting? Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on the Inifinity?

Also....I was very disappointed with the food on the Summit this past March. I have cruised on the Solstice and found the food incredible so I was surprised that it was more than average on the Summit. Is there more of an effort on the cruises to Alaska food wise? I was told that they sometimes skimp on the food on the Carribean cruises but make more of an effort for the Europe and Alaska cruises. Is it true?

I have many questions so I will be happy if you can answer only one of them;)

I'm not sure who told you that Celebrity sometimes skimps on the food on Caribbean cruises, but, based on my experience, I would have to say this is not the case at all. The menus are the same. Depending on the chef on board the ship, the presentation and preparation can vary. Some are better at it than others. ;)

We loved Infinity when we went to Chile & Argentina (Patagonia) but were disappointed when we went to Alaska last week. Our furniture was nearly all broken. We were in Aqua Class this time, so we expected a room like our concierge room a few years back but with some bells & whistles. The new showers (jets of some kind) were so poorly designed that they got the whole bathroom wet even with the shower door closed. The new mattresses were lovely, however. We also thoroughly enjoyed dining in Blu.

I'd suggest you look at the Member Reviews. I checked them, and of the last 23 (2 didnt give any points), Infinity averaged 4.1 out of 5, which is excellent, and the cabins averaged a bit higher. So it looks like the general reviews dont reflect tired cabins....the only 'tired' I ever experienced in any Celebrity cabin was myself.

If you are still worried about this, then I'd suggest you take the other cruise that you are personally have experienced. Personally,I think you'd love Infinity, as we have, and as we have of all the Celebrity ships, even the Mercury which we cruised on less than a month before She left the Celebrity Fleet. Celebrity does very well keeping its Fleet in excellent shape, but we each of our own opinion.

Hope you enjoy, you are in a win/win situation.

Den

We did the first cruise in December 2011 on Infinity after the refit. The ship looks pretty good and new. However, here and there, you notice items that are original with the ship, like we had a crack in a light fixture in our bathroom.

Still, we have booked three more cruises on Infinity, at TA, British Isles and Around the Horn.

Archived