San Diego Web Cam

bcd2010

This cam was out for awhile and I heard it was being replaced. Tried it this morning to see what would happen and it looks like it's back up - so we'll be able to see ships in port when they start coming back (in September?).

Here is the link:

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/1amnorth/camera1&pan=-104.04999&tilt=-14.25&panfov=23.35&tiltfov=18.2&overlay=default&skin=Nov2004SOSD&useapplet=true&time=1204262876660&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalogname=catalog&zoom=2.0&imagemap.x=159&imagemap.y=129

igraf

This cam was out for awhile and I heard it was being replaced. Tried it this morning to see what would happen and it looks like it's back up - so we'll be able to see ships in port when they start coming back (in September?).

Wow, very cool, thanks for the information. Love that web cam and missed it since it had been down. Only problem now is that the Oosterdam will not be porting in SD anymore, boohoo, but there will be other Hal ships coming into SD to watch.

WOW, this is fantastic :) Thanks so much for letting us know, I had totally given up on it. Just too bad it was not working 2 months ago :(

Hmmm we may have to try to get the Banner off the Oosterdam and get it to the Zaandam :D

WOW, this is fantastic :) Thanks so much for letting us know, I had totally given up on it. Just too bad it was not working 2 months ago :(

Hmmm we may have to try to get the Banner off the Oosterdam and get it to the Zaandam :D

That's not a bad idea Lisa, but being that Banner is so full, maybe a different one for the Zaandam. What you think? Oh I forgot, maybe it needs to be generic, because in 2014 it will be :(.

That's not a bad idea Lisa, but being that Banner is so full, maybe a different one for the Zaandam. What you think? Oh I forgot, maybe it needs to be generic, because in 2014 it will be :(.

Well the Banner is generic and can be used on ANY HAL ship since it says "A Big DAM Wave to all of our Cruise Critic Friends" But yes it is pretty full. We would have to see who would want to help putting a new banner together because there is a cost involved, then we would have to have the permission from the Zaandam and who ever the Hotel Mananger is to see if they would want to keep the Banner for us. To be truthful we were lucky when we started this that Mr Deering was on board the Oosterdam and he was happy to take care of the Banner and then as time went on it was just part of the Oosterdam and the "Hand Over Notes" to each new Hotel Manager and of course currently Mr Deering is the Oosterdam Hotel Mananger. But I do not have any contact with the Hotel Managers of the Zaandam and not even sure they would be willing to take this on. We have always been very fortunate that the Hotel Managers over the years have been very accomodating to the Cruise Critic Groups. I am just not sure how we would even go about this and then to be truthful I have been doing this since January 2006 and I am actually getting a bit tired of being the one to do this :o I was actually rather relieved that it was time to retire from doing this with the web cam being down.

With luck, someone else will volunteer, Lisa. Although, I think that's probably not going to happen. :o I'm so glad the San Diego cam is operational again...I used to love watching your Oosterdam waves!

Archived