Calling Princess... does it always take SO LONG?

Tom-n-Cheryl

OMGosh I feel so out of it. In going to the Princess website, I see nothing about crazy sales. Is there a link, or can someone shed more light please? I'm ready to go to Alaska!:D

I received an email. I think it is a past passenger sale. It was in the deals part when I logged in under "my princess" but is no longer showing there the last I looked. (maybe because I booked? Or maybe they only stay for so long, I have no idea).

It seemed like maybe there were several (like 8 or so) routes--Different Europe routes, Alaska, etc. I really can't remember all of them. But the Alaska one was $299 for select sailings in June and July 2012. The $299 was for inside and varied with which inside categories based on sailing. I didn't need the email though to see the rates. When logged in and you search, if it is one of the sales, it appears with the lower price.

The email I had referenced a book by date of July 7; however I imagine if the sailing sold out that would not be the case....

The only time I have had a long wait was on a Monday morning several weeks ago, and that one was almost 20 minutes. When I finally got to speak with a rep, she was most apologetic, citing extreme busyness on Monday mornings, since they are not open on Sundays. She recommended waiting to call on Mondays until early afternoon.

Over the last 30-40 minutes I managed a few test calls... (all were timed from the last keypad entry to get to the desired department)

Princess --- gave up after being on hold for 13 minutes

Carnival --- 1.5 minutes to a person

NCL-------- gave up after 10 minutes

Celebrity -- 8 seconds to reach a person!! (WINNER!)

--------------------

Disclaimer: this was not intended to be a scientific study, just a one time sampling!!

Tom

The only time I have had a long wait was on a Monday morning several weeks ago, and that one was almost 20 minutes. When I finally got to speak with a rep, she was most apologetic, citing extreme busyness on Monday mornings, since they are not open on Sundays. She recommended waiting to call on Mondays until early afternoon.

I agree with that..Monday's for ANY call center are the busiest day of the week. I never understood human behavior to want to call and do be productive on "Monday". I want to go hide under my covers and not talk to anyone on Mondays....maybe that is PTSD from working in a call center. LOL.

Question-anyone know if Princess has an actual (brick & mortar) call center or do they just automatically route all calls for reservations or information to the next available agent who is sitting in their home waiting for their phone to ring and possess special web access to the Princess rez system? I know this is how some (or at least one) of the airlines handle reservations. I'll assume the agents then get "piece work compensation" for each call handled with additional commission for each booking. Bottom line no traditional large central call center.

Of course does not answer the question as to why extended wait times over the past few days, but switches the burden from Princess potentially adding more staff to more agents signing up for additional duty hours.

SAS

Archived