Platinum & Diamond Cruisers from recent voyages: How was the VIFP on your ship?

Sailfish

I am Platinum and going on the Dream in under 2 weeks; I was wondering if you are Platinum or Diamond and have cruised recently how the VIFP program was going on your cruise. Questions:

1. Did you attend the Past Guest Party? If so, was it any different than those in the past? Was it crowded?

2. Did you get a for a free drink at breakfast, brunch or lunch? If so, what were your choices? Did you receove a coupon for it? How easy was it to get your free drink?

3. Did you get your Carnival gift? What was it?

4. Did you get free laundry? Besides the limits imposed on Platinum, any other input you would like to share regarding this benefit?

5. Since the new VIFP just rolled out, did you experience any problems? Was staff familiar with the changes?

5. Do you have any comments or other information pertaining to your experience?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback. With my cruise fast approaching, I was just curious how the new past guest program was being rolled out.

Suzi

on 2)

One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $9.00 + gratuity at Punchliner Comedy Brunch, Breakfast in Main Dining Room or Lunch in Main Dining Room. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed by adults over the age of 21.

on 2)

One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $9.00 + gratuity at Punchliner Comedy Brunch, Breakfast in Main Dining Room or Lunch in Main Dining Room. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed by adults over the age of 21.

You think they will give us a coupon? Thanks for the info - never saw this before.

on 2)

Would be nice if it could be redeemed at any bar. They'll probably discontinue it in a year or so due to lack of redemption. I personally never go to the MDR outside of dinner, and have zero desire to do so.

Would be nice if it could be redeemed at any bar. They'll probably discontinue it in a year or so due to lack of redemption. I personally never go to the MDR outside of dinner, and have zero desire to do so.

Yep....like they did the Fun Farewell Party for ""lack of interest"" .... :rolleyes:

I cruise on the Dream on July 7th and on the Paradise on July 14th; I will post my experience with the program if someone else does not beat me to it. I was hoping to get some feedback before our cruise, but it may be too late for me.

Either way, I am sure we will have two enjoyable cruises.

Suzi

Of all the cutbacks this one burns the most. So disingenuous of Carnival to set this up to fail.

Yes nothing screams " we think you are all stupid enough to fall for this excuse" than hearing the Fun Farewell Party was canceled due to "lack of interest".....

:rolleyes:

Of all the cutbacks this one burns the most. So disingenuous of Carnival to set this up to fail.

Yes nothing screams " we think you are all stupid enough to fall for this excuse" than hearing the Fun Farewell Party was canceled due to "lack of interest".....

:rolleyes:

We always liked the Farewell party and never missed one since it started. We will miss them.

They must really think we are stupid to fall for this. I agree very poor opinion of Carnival after this.

We loved the Farewell Party.

They must really think we are stupid to fall for this. I agree very poor opinion of Carnival after this.

We loved the Farewell Party.

Apparently, there are folks who are stupid enough to fall for that.....

we just don't happen to be among them!! ;)

Have been a loyal Carnival passenger and am at the platinum level and would still be even if not grandfathered in because of all of the cruises and cruise days. For a change we started sailing on the other C line or what is referred to as X. We have cruise certificates to use so we booked another on Carnival to use it. From what I have seen in the loyalty program and the changes I am already thinking that the loyalty to Carnival doesn't mean much to them so I think they don't deserve another cruise from me after that. I am going with a open mind as we have always enjoyed Carnival and that is the reason that we have kept sailing with them but the next cruise will really have to be fantastic to keep my business.

It is like anything else that is not right, vote with your feet. If enough start walking away they may get the message.

Archived