Attaching Luggage Tags on Handles

CRUISE4JANE

What handle do ya'll attach your luggag tags? Does it have to be on the handle that you hold to roll the luggage or can it be on the side handle? Seems like it would be better to put it on the side. :confused:

We usually put 2 per suitcase and use the handles and sometimes the suitcase itself, using packaging tape. Never underestimate the strength of gorillas. :p

41jB%2B7Vh10L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We also put one on each handle, just in case one comes off. I laminate them and use cable ties, and so far, we haven't lost one yet! By using cable ties, I can loop it through the ring on the handle that attaches the handle to the suitcase so it's not the way of your hand when rolling or lifting.

Thanks. Well DH has to make a few more tags :p. I also made copies of the luggage tags and placed one inside all luggage. This way if tags would come off, they can open luggage and see where it goes. Also have my regular name tag left on luggage. You would think I won't have a problem doing all this. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Well DH has to make a few more tags :p. I also made copies of the luggage tags and placed one inside all luggage. This way if tags would come off, they can open luggage and see where it goes. Also have my regular name tag left on luggage. You would think I won't have a problem doing all this. :rolleyes:

LOL you sound like me!! I also take clear packing tape and put it over each of the tags, to make them stronger.

Have a great cruise!!!

I just fold it three ways and staple it.

I have not had a problem.

If the tag comes off and your luggage does not show up, then you will have to go down and look at the luggage that did not get delivered and pick it up.

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

What handle do ya'll attach your luggag tags? Does it have to be on the handle that you hold to roll the luggage or can it be on the side handle? Seems like it would be better to put it on the side. :confused:

Add me to the list of people that use 2 tags per bag and put it on both handles. And I cover my tags with clear packing tape.

Coasterjan

We put two luggage tags on the suitcases. But before that we use clear packing like what was mentioned above. Then we use a hole puncher and put a hole in the corner of the luggage tag and then I bring some zip ties with me to attach them to the luggage at the hotel the morning of the cruise.

Thank you for posting this, as I was going to provide the same link!:)

These cruise luggage tags are the way to go. We use them every cruise!

Hey, those luggage tag holders are pretty neat, never seen them before!

I only attach one tag per bag, plus putting one inside each piece of luggage. I fold and put clear packing tape on both sides, then hole punch the ends and use a zip tie to attach to the side handle. Haven't lost one yet! If I'm flying I wait until I get to the port before attaching the tags.

I purchased reusable plastic luggage tag holders, and find them to hold up very well. I paid $2.50 for them and find they are well worth the cost. I ordered them online, but I spoke to someone who said they sell them in luggage stores too. CC system prohibits me from posting the URL, but you can google plastic cruise luggage tag holder and it will take you to the company that sells them.

Hi,

Luggage tags can be attached to either handle. I use two tags per suitcase (one on each handle) and cover them with clear packing tape.

:)

Archived