NCL provided transportation at seattle?

We booked airport transportation through ncl along with our cruise. There doesn't seem to be any info available on ncl's website about the specifics, like what time I should be at the airport, where I should be and the time it takes to get back to the airport after the cruise. Our cruise is at seattle, does anyone have any experience in using this service? Our ship is set to take off at 4pm so if it's possible we would like to have lunch at downtown before getting back to the airport.

I did not use the NCL shuttle service to the ship last year but I did see where they have a place downstairs near luggage pickup where they were meeting people and the buses were just outside.

We did use the NCL transportation back to the airport. We were given luggage tags so that we could meet the bus the morning of disembarkation.

In the moring the bus was waiting outside the terminal. It took us straight to the airport. You will not be able to have lunch in town and then catch the bus and the airport is about 30 minutes away from downtown, so you are kind of stuck.

You could however get off the ship yourself go have lunch and then catch a cab or take the L-train (or what ever they call it there).

Best of luck

We booked airport transportation through ncl along with our cruise. There doesn't seem to be any info available on ncl's website about the specifics, like what time I should be at the airport, where I should be and the time it takes to get back to the airport after the cruise. Our cruise is at seattle, does anyone have any experience in using this service? Our ship is set to take off at 4pm so if it's possible we would like to have lunch at downtown before getting back to the airport.

The busses will run back and forth all day up until about 1:30, which is the last one. I know I was on it! ;)

Itll take about 20-30 mins to get to the terminal from the airport on the bus.

Seattle airport isnt actually in Seattle. Its outside by a good distance, so if you were going to have lunch in Seattle, youre probably already going to be near the port and you can take a taxi or even walk.

The Jewel is not very far away from the space needle. So theres lots of eats in the area. I dont know where the Pearl docks.

One option you could do that Ive seen some people say, is check in, then leave the ship like youre doing an excursion and walk around town.

Another thing to be aware of is the fire drill is at 3. So if you take the very last bus, everyone will be going to the drill and youll be running around like a nut trying to drop your bags and go to it.

Usually Norwegian has people in the baggage claim area to direct you to the buses outside. Be very careful because there are other cruise lines also being represented and other buses going to a completely different port area. Norwegian is the only one the docks downtown. Anthony's Restaurant is directly in front of the ship. I can not tell you what the price of lunch would be,have not been there in several years. The Space Needle is further away than it looks and is very expensive even for lunch.

Did not use the NCL transportation but can provide some details on the light rail system. We stayed at the Hilton Airport (flew in two days early for our cruise on 26 May on the Jewel). Light rail in $5.50 per person round trip from the airport to downtown. Used a town car ($40) the day of embarkation and a taxi back to the same hotel on the day of disembarkation ($22). Pikes Market is closeby andf there are plenty of places to grab a bite near the cruise docks. I believe the Jewel was at the Bell Streat Pier (88) but never saw the Pearl as the Jewel starts cruises on Saturdauy and the Pearl on Sunday. Have a great cruise.

I know you already have your shuttle booked etc. If you can change.....

It is cheaper and more convenient to take taxi. Shuttles are asking around $21 per person. Taxi's are readily available and around $40 for the trip.

The only challenge would be if the taxi got stuck in any traffic and the meter was just spinning around costing more for waiting/traffic time.

I am confused about your question "what time I should be at the airport". You will be there when your flight arrives. ?? You should know the ship is docked downtown, so you would not go back to the airport???

If you are coming in the night before, I would strongly suggest not staying near the airport. Take a cab downtown and stay at one of the hotels there. You can there walk around all the sights, then go the ship the next morning with a $10 cab ride, or hotel shuttle. A few hotels are a short walk to the pier if you can drag your bags.

Personally, we would never use the ships transfers, or hotels.

wow so many replies, first time cruiser here so thank you guys for all your answers.

I guess I should have been a little clearer in my question (it was late at night my brain doesn't function so well).

The cruise starts on sunday. we are actually getting in seattle early to spend the whole of saturday looking around in seattle. we reserved a rental car so we can go to the boeing museum on saturday as well. on sunday, I was hoping that we would get out of the hotel, drive to seattle to have lunch and then go back to the airport (since we would have to return the car anyway) and then catch the ncl shuttle to the ship. I know, it seems like a lot of going back and forth but somehow it came out that way.

If the 1:30 is the last shuttle to go to the port I guess we could fit in a brunch?

wow so many replies, first time cruiser here so thank you guys for all your answers.

I guess I should have been a little clearer in my question (it was late at night my brain doesn't function so well).

The cruise starts on sunday. we are actually getting in seattle early to spend the whole of saturday looking around in seattle. we reserved a rental car so we can go to the boeing museum on saturday as well. on sunday, I was hoping that we would get out of the hotel, drive to seattle to have lunch and then go back to the airport (since we would have to return the car anyway) and then catch the ncl shuttle to the ship. I know, it seems like a lot of going back and forth but somehow it came out that way.

If the 1:30 is the last shuttle to go to the port I guess we could fit in a brunch?

Depending on what weekend you are sailing, Seattle traffic can be and is a nightmare. From now until the 4th of August is Seafair (very large community event) and on some weekends the Seattle Mariners play in the south end of downtown and added to that is weekend road construction. Most restaurants do not open before 11 or 11:30 for lunch, especially the ones along the waterfront. To be honest I would wait and have lunch aboard ship. Seattle is a wonderful city but traffic can spoil it. I hope you enjoy the city and your cruise.

You should be able to return the car to a location downtown. Not sure which agency you are using, but we have done this before.

Get car at airport. Go see things. Stay at hotel downtown. Drop off car downtown. No way would I drive back to airport, but if you have to, just take a cab back to the ship. Easier and cheaper.

I would devote Sunday to just getting down to the ship and getting on board. Get to the pier for checkin at 10:30 and you should be checked in and on thship by 11:30. Then there will be all the free food you can want. If you try to brunch in town and only get to the ship at the last minute for checking in, you miss some of the cruise experience that day, plus encounter bigger lines and crowds. You Sunday plan sounds too busy in my opinion. As another said, staying at a downtown hotel lets you walk, or use the monorail or city busses to look around Seattle. WE stayed at an older, quaint, very clean and super friendly spot (the

Mediterranean Inn) recently. Two blocks up to the overpriced Space Needle, bus just down the street to downtown and Pike Market, and restaurants and grocery in the same block. It was relatively cheap for a downtown hotel. They provide shuttle next morning down to the cruise ships for $6 per person I believe.

Edited by roger001

• 6 years later...