Mini bottles of wine...

leaski

Has anyone ever brought those mini bottles of wine onboard with them instead of the regular bottles? They come in a 4 pack. DH like red and I like white, and therefore we usually don't finish a full bottle in one sitting. I don't really care for it the day after it's been opened, so saving it doesn't really work for me.

Technically it should be up to 750 ml per person. In fact, most of the time security just counts a bottle as a bottle as long as it was 750 ml or less. It's really hit or miss if you get to take on all four small bottles or just one.

Has anyone ever brought those mini bottles of wine onboard with them instead of the regular bottles? They come in a 4 pack. DH like red and I like white, and therefore we usually don't finish a full bottle in one sitting. I don't really care for it the day after it's been opened, so saving it doesn't really work for me.

I'm the only one of us who drinks wine so I prefer the small bottles or the ones in the carton (equivalent of 3 glasses). I brought some in my carry-on. No problelm.

Technically it should be up to 750 ml per person. In fact, most of the time security just counts a bottle as a bottle as long as it was 750 ml or less. It's really hit or miss if you get to take on all four small bottles or just one.

Technically it is 1 bottle per person, up to 750ml in size.

But there does seem to be some variation between ports and even between screeners as to what gets through. For the OP, I would suggest bringing one 750 ml bottle white/one 750 ml bottle red, both with screwtops. Room steward can supply ice and bucket for chilling if needed. Cabins have wine glasses, you can pour in your cabin and carry to MDR if you wish.

In a few stores I have seen 1L cartons of wine, look like round milk cartons with screw caps. I know people have been successful in carrying on small boxes (1.5L, 2 bottle size) of wine.

Archived