so can I bring my drinks up on deck?

golfntob

And I'm the guy standing next to this guy to tell him he must surrender the contraband! Then I will take it out on deck and any "punishment" that may occure thereafter! :eek:

Add me in....This is going to be a mighty long line.:D

We've had no problem bringing our minis up to the Lido to flavor out hot chocolate.

Has anyone had any problems with taking flasks along to refill while around the ship. I generally wear cargo pocket shorts so it wouldn't be out for public view except when pouring.

Thanks.

Only looks from fellow cruisers who don't know you can buy bottles from Bon Voyage. As I posted above, I use a small rum runner in my pocket.

We ordered a couple of bottles of Tequila for our last cruise. They were waiting in our room, along with a full ice bucket and four glasses. You pay a big price for the bottles, but I think you save in the long run. Never any questions from anyone while anywhere on the ship.:D

No problem bringing a flask to transport it, I've used a plastic water bottle to bring it up on deck so I can replenish my drink and I've brought my own glass of wine into the dining room. No one has ever said a thing.

As long as you are not obnoxious and rude most of the staff don't care and will tolerate quite a lot. No glass on deck though. The bar staff even gave me chilled glasses for our own bubbly. Of course I tipped cash, which was discreetly pocketed.

Enjoy your vacation.

The only place there are restrictions are in the Main Dining Rooms. You cannot bring a glass of wine from your own bottle. There is a "corkage fee" to bringing your own bottle there.

It is perfectly okay to get a glass of wine from one of the bars and bring it with you to MDR if you aren't done with it, however.

Not true:p, have always brought a large glass of wine from my own bottle to the MDR on all my Carnival cruises, as recently as last week....nobody said a word...never a problem;)

Not true:p, have always brought a large glass of wine from my own bottle to the MDR on all my Carnival cruises, as recently as last week....nobody said a word...never a problem;)

This is correct, you cannot bring the whole bottle in or they may (or may not) charge the corkage fee.

Has anyone had any problems with taking flasks along to refill while around the ship. I generally wear cargo pocket shorts so it wouldn't be out for public view except when pouring.

Thanks.

This is fine. I brought a rum runner with me several times. I kept it in my pool bag on the Lido Deck and in the evening it fit into my small pocketbook (8oz size). I used it often to "replenish" drinks which I purchased or to add a little zip as sometimes they are just too sweet/not strong enough.

There is no problem with this. Just because you are carrying around your own does NOT mean that it was smuggled. I brought the rum runner with me (DON'T forget to pack the the funnel) and simply refilled it from my purchased BV bottles that were in the cabin. Previously I had put BV alcohol into an empty water bottle when I brought it up on deck but a friend gave me a rum runner and it works much better because it fits into things like pocketbooks and pants pockets.

Bull hockey, you just gotta be nice to your bartender or maybe wink at him the right way,:D, here's my bottle, at the LIDO bar...he offered to put it ice for me and gave me a plastic champagne glass in which to slurp up my bubbly....:p

Paradise2012Cruise296.jpg

[quote name='aggiejade'] Is pineapple juice available? Free or a cost?[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's free in the MDR at breakfast or it's included in the bottomless bubbles program which costs 6.90 per day per adult including grat and it includes soda and juice from any bar.[/FONT][/SIZE]

We brought 2 bottles of red wine and a bottle of champagne to our table last night dinner and did not get charged corkage.

We had glasses delivered to our cabin for BV vodka,we took those glasses to both pool area and dinning room with BV booze in. As long as you are not in the pool you can still drink from glass. We also brought up our BV vodka to the pool area and re filled without question.

we managed to smuggle on board vodka as well.

our BV skye vodka cost $55 per bottle and skye was too cheap to sell in the duty free shop onboard! 1 litre of Smirnoff vodka was only $14:mad:

Next time I will stick to smuggling the lot,it is easy and once onboard nobody could care less,$28 worth of vodka cost me $110 with BV,I cant see anyone getting caught with vodka as long as you use your head in disguising it.

We always use contact lens solution bottles,security are not allowed to undo the lids to check because they are sterile;)

Den

I get a BV bottle or two of rum, I have mixed it with soda carried on board, but often drink it straight up. I carry a beach bag around the ship and at times the bottle comes with me ( or a bottle of wine I carry on). A normal day for me would be to find a quiet spot to sit with a book, be it library, game room, enchanted forest on the Legend etc.. I normally avoid Lido deck. The bottle is discreetly poured into my tumbler as needed. I even do this if a good sporting event is on in the sports bar. Never had a problem hauling a bottle around.

In Port I drink beer ( too expensive on ship), the first stop of the day is a local store to purchase beer, 9 times out of 10 a buck a bottle or less when getting a 6 or 12 pack ( don't buy it at the Port Liquor Shops right off the ship, beer and booze is cheaper in town 99% of the time...it just LOOKS like a good deal.

Guess I am not a good web site navigator as I can find the BV area of Carnival's site, but not where to order vodka/liquors. I see the wines,candies, room decorations, etc. but not the fun stuff.....:rolleyes:

[quote name='RoderickIII']Guess I am not a good web site navigator as I can find the BV area of Carnival's site, but not where to order vodka/liquors. I see the wines,candies, room decorations, etc. but not the fun stuff.....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It's not on the website. You have to call.

[quote name='RoderickIII']Guess I am not a good web site navigator as I can find the BV area of Carnival's site, but not where to order vodka/liquors. I see the wines,candies, room decorations, etc. but not the fun stuff.....:rolleyes:[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's alink that has the updated prices and the toll free number to call.

[url]http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/bv_liquor.htm[/url]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='aggiejade']Next cruise I was thinking of buying a bottle of Malibu from BV. Is pineapple juice available? Free or a cost?[/QUOTE]

I read that you can bring a drink bottle to MDR at breakfast you ask for pineapple juice to tske with you.

[quote name='SNJCruisers'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's alink that has the updated prices and the toll free number to call.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL]http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/bv_liquor.htm[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/quote]

[COLOR=red][B]Thanks a bunch!![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='SNJCruisers'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's alink that has the updated prices and the toll free number to call.

[URL]http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/bv_liquor.htm[/URL]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='RoderickIII'][COLOR=red][B]Thanks a bunch!![/B][/COLOR][/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You're welcome.....enjoy.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Archived