A Photo a Day til Sail Away!!

Twinkd

Hi there - my hubby and I wnet to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas in August 2009 and followed this by an Independent Land Trip for 2 weeks. We returned again this August. We leave New Zealand on the 31st July and head to Vancouver then on the 3rd August board the Radiance for a cruise up to Seward then another road trip of two weeks. We are getting very excited (well I am - hubby takes a little longer to build up excitement!!) so thought I would add to this by posting a "Photo a Day Til Sail Away".

First Up: Will start with one of my favourites - a Whale family at ISP.

DSC07066.jpg

:):):)

Hi there - my hubby and I wnet to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas in August 2009 and followed this by an Independent Land Trip for 2 weeks. We returned again this August. We leave New Zealand on the 31st July and head to Vancouver then on the 3rd August board the Radiance for a cruise up to Seward then another road trip of two weeks. We are getting very excited (well I am - hubby takes a little longer to build up excitement!!) so thought I would add to this by posting a "Photo a Day Til Sail Away".

First Up: Will start with one of my favourites - a Whale family at ISP.

DSC07066.jpg

:):):)

Hey Twinkd,

Great shot - I love the tiny little one on the right next to the massive adults! We're headed north in four days, and headed south on Radiance 7/13. Have a great trip!

L.J.

Wonderful photo! I'm hoping to get some great nature shots on our first cruise to Alaska. I'm so excited... We leave in 4 days, sailing on HAL Westerdam RT Seattle! This will be our first visit to Seattle too!

Looking forward to more of your pictures!

Wonderful photo! I'm hoping to get some great nature shots on our first cruise to Alaska. I'm so excited... We leave in 4 days, sailing on HAL Westerdam RT Seattle! This will be our first visit to Seattle too!

Looking forward to more of your pictures!

I hope you do a review :) We'll be sailing on her in Sept.

Hey Twinkd,

Great shot - I love the tiny little one on the right next to the massive adults! We're headed north in four days, and headed south on Radiance 7/13. Have a great trip!

L.J.

Not many sleeps now LJ - bet you are SOOO excited - I actually feel excited for you!! Hope you guys have an awesome trip and look forward to your review!!:)

Thanks for all the lovely comments - am having a great time going through my photos and deciding which ones to post - having to whittle 4000 photos down to so few is a difficult choice!!!:o

Here was our first sunset of the cruise:

DSC06015.jpg

Hello everyone, you are now reading this thread in the photo board area.

We have created a special thread in the Alaska boards just for countdown threads where you may also post daily about the excitement of your upcoming cruise. Click here to find that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1664206

Thank you and happy cruising!

Thanks for all the lovely comments - am having a great time going through my photos and deciding which ones to post - having to whittle 4000 photos down to so few is a difficult choice!!!:o

Here was our first sunset of the cruise:

DSC06015.jpg

Thanks for sharing another beautiful photo.

Hey there - not sure why this thread has been moved!! This is about Alaska - sure it has photos but it is all to do with ALASKA!!! A tad annoying!!:(

Today's photo - The Whitepass Train Trip in Skagway:

DSC06658.jpg

Hey there - not sure why this thread has been moved!! This is about Alaska - sure it has photos but it is all to do with ALASKA!!! A tad annoying!!:(

DSC06658.jpg

Cools hot! I agree on the moving part. Lots of people asked me on my photo a day thread about when, where and how I got to the places I posted photos of. Plus, other people posted photos and cross chatted about their experiences. It seems to be TOTALLY in the spirit of the Alaksa board. Oh well...

L.J.

Thanks for posting the photo of the Whitepass train, brings back great memories.

Yep it sure is a great trip - this year we are going up on the train and riding a bike back down - very excited and can't wait!!! NEVER EVER EVER would I dream of riding the bike up!!!!!!:rolleyes:

DSC06658.jpg

This thread was moved along with others to the photo area. We have created a new thread for you to post your pictures of Alaska in preparation for your cruise right on the Alaska section. The rest now live in the photo area.

Yep it sure is a great trip - this year we are going up on the train and riding a bike back down - very excited and can't wait!!! NEVER EVER EVER would I dream of riding the bike up!!!!!!:rolleyes:

That will be a great experience.

Have you done the Central Otago Rail trail?

That will be a great experience.

Have you done the Central Otago Rail trail?

Hey there - no we haven't but it is on the "Bucket List". Have heard really fab things about it though!! Have you??:D

Hey there - no we haven't but it is on the "Bucket List". Have heard really fab things about it though!! Have you??:D

No, but everyone we have talked to who have, thinks it's a great experience.

Archived