Should I bother?

jnadz

So the cruise I'm going on in september is my tenth carnival cruise and I was supposed to be platinum with VIP boarding and the other perks. Now with the new system, I will be stuck at gold for a couple more cruises... BUT should it matter that one of the factors in choosing Carnival for this particular cruise was the fact that my PVP assured me I would be platinum on this next cruise and that is obviously not happening. I remember being very specific about the platinum thing because I wasn't sure if you were platinum on or after your tenth cruise.

So, should I bother complaining or just live with it cause we all know they probably don't care. This is a cruise I'm taking my staff on and I'm paying for all 7 cabins myself, so maybe I could tell them I'll rebook somewhere else, but I know cancelling even 7 cabins on one cruise isn't a big deal to them.

So the cruise I'm going on in september is my tenth carnival cruise and I was supposed to be platinum with VIP boarding and the other perks. Now with the new system, I will be stuck at gold for a couple more cruises... BUT should it matter that one of the factors in choosing Carnival for this particular cruise was the fact that my PVP assured me I would be platinum on this next cruise and that is obviously not happening. I remember being very specific about the platinum thing because I wasn't sure if you were platinum on or after your tenth cruise.

So, should I bother complaining or just live with it cause we all know they probably don't care. This is a cruise I'm taking my staff on and I'm paying for all 7 cabins myself, so maybe I could tell them I'll rebook somewhere else, but I know cancelling even 7 cabins on one cruise isn't a big deal to them.

Eeyore...there is hope! Your PVP is correct. You will be platinum from the time you board until you amass enough days to be diamond!!

Go back and reread the changes for Carnival past passengers who either are, or are close, to an award level under the old program. :):D:)

Thanks all for your help... Looks like I don't "have to bother", lol, because u all gave me the best answer.

Where do I go on the carnival site to find all the info for previous members being grandfathered in?

Thanks all for your help... Looks like I don't "have to bother", lol, because u all gave me the best answer.

Where do I go on the carnival site to find all the info for previous members being grandfathered in?

You don't have to - just check your boarding pass. It should say "VIP"

From the VIFP FAQ on Carnival's site:

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

From the VIFP FAQ on Carnival's site:

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

We also see this on the FAQ on Carnival's site. When we look at our account, we have nine cruises and 67 days. It says if we cruise once in the next 12 months we'll be Platinum. Our next Carnival cruises are in October 2013. Before the deadline, but more than the year our account info says. :confused:

We also see this on the FAQ on Carnival's site. When we look at our account, we have nine cruises and 67 days. It says if we cruise once in the next 12 months we'll be Platinum. Our next Carnival cruises are in October 2013. Before the deadline, but more than the year our account info says. :confused:

That's odd that it's saying you have a year since the deadline was set to about 18 months after the program was rolled out. According to the FAQ on their website, you'll be platnum with that October 2013 cruise. :D

Archived