Paid in full after due date!!

GrUvGrL

Because my calendar at work is public to my coworkers, I don't use it for personal stuff. Having said that after today, I really need to find away to work the 2 together into one only calendar!

Being that I try to remember dates and there have been alot to remember in the past few weeks... kids off school back to summer school, take mom to airport, pick mom up from airport (geez I hope I don't forget this one), inlaw's coming; inlaws leaving, home vist, cleaning lady, holidays, deadline for Disney trip payment, deadline for Carnival payment... I forgot the last :(

Yesterday, I called Carnival due to some logging into the website issues... And my memory was jogged to enquire about this after my call, since my Disney trip final payment is in a week, and so I figured... hmmm... my Carnival one should be due soon too! So I called my travel agent and left a voice mail.

Today, I get a call back from her and she says "I have no idea what happened, I usually have a pop up that tells me I need final payment from clients, but nothing happened for you", and she also got no notice from Carnival.

You know that bad feeling that starts at the tip of your hair folicle and slowly sinks through your entire body? Yep I had that! I asked, "Well what does this mean now? We don't have a booking?"

She quickly said "Oh No!! Maybe I should have started with we are ok but... you are 2 weeks over due on the final payment" :eek: 2 WEEKS!!! OMG!!!

So, ended up making the final payment all is ok on the books on her end at least, but here is my concern!

- Since we secured our cruise during early saver, the OS cabin prices have gone up, should I be worried?

- Has anyone ever made this same fubar? If so, has anyone ever gone to board the ship and been asked for $X because they did not pay in full by the due date and cabin prices went up?

- Once I am able to secure the travel docs through the website can I then celebrate?

I wanna be excited... but I am too scared to!

Because my calendar at work is public to my coworkers, I don't use it for personal stuff. Having said that after today, I really need to find away to work the 2 together into one only calendar!

!

There is actually a very simple way to have your personal calendar accessible at all times - just put a paper calendar on your refrigerator and write down important dates. Sometimes low tech is best.

DON

Get a small planner from the dollar store and keep it in your purse :)

I do have a calendar on my phone, but only use it when I remember. I use the planner for when I am in school, so I can add and change things as they change for whatever reasons.

If you are all paid and your reservation didn't change any, I would say you are fine and nothing really changed.

Do you by any chance have a newer computer? I have a laptop that has sticky notes, and that's the first thing I look at. I post all my important dates on that.

So glad it worked out for you, that would just suck if there were any changes.

Do you by any chance have a newer computer? I have a laptop that has sticky notes, and that's the first thing I look at. I post all my important dates on that.

So glad it worked out for you, that would just suck if there were any changes.

Love my sticky notes. Mom got me on the idea and I currently have 3. She has a bunch but now info I have lost in the past is right there.

I think you better check on Carnival's website.

I was under the impression that if final payment wasn't made....the trip was automatically canceled.

Nothing against your TA....but it looks like she screwed up too.

ETA: The system would have canceled it...and 2 weeks if an awfully long time for the system to have ignored it.

Don't TA's have to have the money a few weeks before carnivals due date? If so, you might have gotten lucky and didn't miss carnivals due date. Which then wouldn't effect your booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being that I try to remember dates and there have been alot to remember in the past few weeks... kids off school back to summer school, take mom to airport, pick mom up from airport (geez I hope I don't forget this one), inlaw's coming; inlaws leaving, home vist, cleaning lady, holidays, deadline for Disney trip payment, deadline for Carnival payment... I forgot the last :(

Yesterday, I called Carnival due to some logging into the website issues... And my memory was jogged to enquire about this after my call, since my Disney trip final payment is in a week, and so I figured... hmmm... my Carnival one should be due soon too! So I called my travel agent and left a voice mail.

Today, I get a call back from her and she says "I have no idea what happened, I usually have a pop up that tells me I need final payment from clients, but nothing happened for you", and she also got no notice from Carnival.

You know that bad feeling that starts at the tip of your hair folicle and slowly sinks through your entire body? Yep I had that! I asked, "Well what does this mean now? We don't have a booking?"

She quickly said "Oh No!! Maybe I should have started with we are ok but... you are 2 weeks over due on the final payment" :eek: 2 WEEKS!!! OMG!!!

So, ended up making the final payment all is ok on the books on her end at least, but here is my concern!

- Since we secured our cruise during early saver, the OS cabin prices have gone up, should I be worried?

- Has anyone ever made this same fubar? If so, has anyone ever gone to board the ship and been asked for $X because they did not pay in full by the due date and cabin prices went up?

- Once I am able to secure the travel docs through the website can I then celebrate?

I wanna be excited... but I am too scared to!

Check your statement and make sure you are shown as paid in full.

My old pvp would contact us for final payment. Onetime he didnt and i realized it and called. Our booking had been canceled but pvp went to his supervisor and was able to get it reinstated.

I use an online calendar that "sincs" to my cell phone. It also has notification, so that I can get text messages to my cell when I have an appointment. I put due dates on the calendar, and if important put another a few days before its due - for example on the 2nd I would put -Carnival final payment due on the 5th .As well as putting Carnival final payment due today on the 5th. This way I get 2 text messages to remind me. :)

I find it hard to believe this reservation wasnt cancelled. Maybe it was and the TA called Carnival to get it reinstated and took the blame?

I am a veteran Disney Cruiser, and I can guarantee you it would have been cancelled on DCL. I would check Carnival's website ASAP to see what it says...

On our last cruise, we had the automatic payment to our credit card, it went through and all is well. However, 60 days before our cruise, we got an email stating that our final payment was overdue and if we didn't make a payment right away (24 hours), it would be cancelled! Luckily I had printed off our final payment confirmation and got out our credit card bill, then called our PVP. Apparently it was some kind of computer glitch, but what would have happened if we had been away for the weekend or something and not seen the email?

I know you automatically get 5 business days after the drop dead date. For me this was a Friday and I paid them the next Thursday. Our monthly oaychecks were late and I was sweating bullets. I called Carnival every day to watch it, plus they sent me an email saying I had those five extra days.

There is actually a very simple way to have your personal calendar accessible at all times - just put a paper calendar on your refrigerator and write down important dates. Sometimes low tech is best.

DON

I was going to say this exact thing. Since you open the refridgerator door everyday, it is there in your face. Write the final payment due date in big letters with a red permanent marker. Also, on the dates 2 weeks and also one month prior to final payment write reminders final payment due in 2 weeks and final payment due in one month in red permananet marker.

I think you better check on Carnival's website.

I was under the impression that if final payment wasn't made....the trip was automatically canceled.

Nothing against your TA....but it looks like she screwed up too.

ETA: The system would have canceled it...and 2 weeks if an awfully long time for the system to have ignored it.

Something similar just happened to me, I was one day past due. I booked through Carnival, my Carnival agent said Carnival sends him a notice about past due and he never got one. He said that Carnival just doesn't cancel you without some notifications. They don't want to lose your booking.

I recall a thread a few months ago.......

The passenger made the deposit with a credit card....and assumed that the final payment would be made automatically with the same credit card.

He was wrong...and Carnival canceled his cruise.

I don't remember how long it took to cancel......but he was out of luck.

I don't have the searching skills to resurrect that thread.....sorry.

OP- not sure which product your work uses for your calendar, but most that I've used have an option to mark events private... my calendar is public because I want my staff to know where I am in case they need to find me, but I don't necessarily want them knowing that I'm leaving next Thursday at 3 for my annual mammogram!!! Anything personal I just mark as private and people looking at my calendar can only see that I'm booked at that time, but not what the specifics are...

Hey all thanks for the feed back and the talking to on keeping calendars on fridges, post it notes and syncing calendars! I might just do all of the above in future! In all honesty, I depended on the TA to call us so the actual date was the furthest thing from my mind. I just thought it was about the same time as the disney trip was due. For as much as I would like to place all the blame on her, I am just as responsible.

I started to feel ill and getting nervous after I started reading the replies to my post here, so I called Carnival and ALL is well!!! I am not sure what the final pay date on Carnival was, but the final payment date the travel agent had was June 14!!!! She did say that it was just over a week or so, so I have no idea what the actual date was... I am pretty sure from what I read here that Carnival would not have left it over 3 weeks unpaid!

Lucky... yes! I went out and played the lottery! And I am sure I cashed out alot of my karma points on this one!

I can guarantee this... it will NEVER - EVER happen again! Lesson learned! Whew!:cool:

Ok, now back to being a happy poster, excited about the cruise we WILL be going on!

Again thanks all for calling me out on my bone head move and lack of date keeping... I need to learn my personal affairs are just as important as any work related conference call/dead line and find a way to be better organized and not depend on my memory alone to keep on top of things!

OP- not sure which product your work uses for your calendar, but most that I've used have an option to mark events private... my calendar is public because I want my staff to know where I am in case they need to find me, but I don't necessarily want them knowing that I'm leaving next Thursday at 3 for my annual mammogram!!! Anything personal I just mark as private and people looking at my calendar can only see that I'm booked at that time, but not what the specifics are...

Yes sounds like we use the same program, I do use the private feature for booking private meetings with my team when I include dial in information, where I do not want the rest of my organization dialing into my conference line when discussing process and game plan. The problem is it shows me busy for that time frame and I have team members and others constantly needing to book meetings so if I show a "private" booking they think I am unavailable, not just paying a bill.

Like someone suggested I may have to bust out a traditional paper calendar and keep track of my personal affairs there, or start a computerized calendar on my kitchen computer as long as I use it... I should be ok!.. Maybe do both!

Archived