Sail Away Spot - Allure

I found out that the Helipad on Allure is not open to guests!!!:confused: That disappoints us greatly as that is always our favorite sail away spot. It's not crowded and is away from all the music and chaos of the sail away party. It is peaceful and relaxing. Does anyone have any alternative peaceful/"secret" sail away locations on Allure? I thought I had read someone mention Deck 14 above the bridge/wings and I think someone else had mention somewhere on Deck 11 or 12!! Can someone verify these spots or suggest others as well as provide directions getting up to them?

Thanks so much!!

I found out that the Helipad on Allure is not open to guests!!!:confused: That disappoints us greatly as that is always our favorite sail away spot. It's not crowded and is away from all the music and chaos of the sail away party. It is peaceful and relaxing. Does anyone have any alternative peaceful/"secret" sail away locations on Allure? I thought I had read someone mention Deck 14 above the bridge/wings and I think someone else had mention somewhere on Deck 11 or 12!! Can someone verify these spots or suggest others as well as provide directions getting up to them?

Thanks so much!!

There is a large public balcony on deck 11 aft port side. We have used it in the past.

Judi

Judi, Thanks so much for the information! I really appreciate it.

MatJ2000, just because we are on a ship with thousands of people does not mean it has to feel that way or we have to mingle with them at all times. There are plenty of opportunites on a cruise to relax and have the peaceful "get away" feel. Sail away is one of those moments that we like to feel that way. Our preference not yours. If you can't be helpful please don't post. Thanks. Happy Cruising!!

We did the oasis in march. We just found some lounge chairs at the solarium and watched everything. Great seats, out of the wind and you can see the people on the docks and on the hotel balcony waving goodbye!

Grab a drink, your camera and enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much!!

the wings on deck 14 are great! you just go all the way forward on deck 14 and there is a door that leads out to the front and the wings are great because you can see everything!:)

The so called secret decks are above the AquaTheater suites on deck 11 and 12. There may be one more. You go down the hallway heading aft and there is a door. We used this deck for sailaway in may and the port cam caught a great picture of our roll call group. It was a blast! I ordered the picture and it was such a great shot! The very back of the ship on the running track has chairs that are good for sailaway or just relaxing watching the wake. The helipad is open for sailaway from Labadee for D, D+, & suites, or at least it was for our sailing. Have a great cruise

the wings on deck 14 are great! you just go all the way forward on deck 14 and there is a door that leads out to the front and the wings are great because you can see everything!:)

Should be noted that on the Allure the only access to the bridge wings was deck 14 Port side. Starboard side did not access the area over the bridge and wings. I would assume Oasis is the same way.

The so called secret decks are above the AquaTheater suites on deck 11 and 12. There may be one more. You go down the hallway heading aft and there is a door. We used this deck for sailaway in may and the port cam caught a great picture of our roll call group. It was a blast! I ordered the picture and it was such a great shot! The very back of the ship on the running track has chairs that are good for sailaway or just relaxing watching the wake. The helipad is open for sailaway from Labadee for D, D+, & suites, or at least it was for our sailing. Have a great cruise

We went to deck 12 port side aft for sailaway on our cruise. We could watch the Dream Works sailaway in the Aquatheatre without being bombarded by kids, then turn the other way to be on the port cam as we sailed out. It was my family of 4 along with 3 others on the deck. What a nice way to enjoy sailaway. Even though there are a lot of people on Allure there are MANY places to go to get away from the crowds.

To those of you who may not like that there are so many on board why do you keep opening threads such as this if you don't have anything helpful to say?

MatJ2000, just because we are on a ship with thousands of people does not mean it has to feel that way or we have to mingle with them at all times. There are plenty of opportunites on a cruise to relax and have the peaceful "get away" feel. Sail away is one of those moments that we like to feel that way. Our preference not yours. If you can't be helpful please don't post. Thanks. Happy Cruising!!

The "ignore list" feature works great, except for when someone replies and includes the message....:D It kind of defeats the whole purpose of having anyone on that list. (I know you didn't include the message, but I can only imagine what it said):)

Thanks so much!!

Deck 11 port side aft which is a public balcony. Not crowded and I have waved to the Port Everglades webcam 4 times from that spot. The cam operators know that location well.:) You would be able to wave to family and friends back home if you so desire.

To access this area go to deck 11 and walk on the port side hallway all the way aft you will see a door with a glass window just go through that doorway. I suggest checking it out pre sail away.

You can if you like submit a request for a wave.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

Can you tell me where to find this? What side of the ship is best? Thanks.

Can you tell me where to find this? What side of the ship is best? Thanks.

If you want to be seen on the Port Everglades webcam at sail away you MUST be on the PORT side of the ship. Deck 14 also has a public balcony but for sail away and to be seen on the cam deck 11 or deck 12 are a bit better.

Check out the webcams this Saturday or Sunday for sail aways

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

You can also check out the videos /photos of RCI sail aways on

http://www.inletphotos.com

Archived