Seeking advice from the wise: what happens to NCL prices just before sailing date?

tikkas

Hello! I'm interested in a sailing on the Epic which leaves in just over two weeks' time. There still seems to be quite a lot of availability, and at the moment they have a 7-day sail. Anyone with experience can tell me if I should expect the prices to go further down or go up? I would have the same question for a Royal Caribbean cruise, where prices have not gone down at all for the last 6 weeks.

It's going to really depend on the particular cruise and whether it's going to be a sell out or not. Usually, just before the cruise you will see a few remaining cabins discounted. This is great if you can get away spur of the moment and don't mind some of the less favorable cabin. And, last minute is where upsell will sometimes occur as NCL tries to maximize selling all cabins. No two cruises will be priced the same though at the last minute.

Hello! I'm interested in a sailing on the Epic which leaves in just over two weeks' time. There still seems to be quite a lot of availability, and at the moment they have a 7-day sail. Anyone with experience can tell me if I should expect the prices to go further down or go up? I would have the same question for a Royal Caribbean cruise, where prices have not gone down at all for the last 6 weeks.

Ive rarely seen prices drop near the end. Sometimes they will offer a last minute deal if the ship is not filling up as fast as they would like. You can watch for that on the NCL page under specials.

Be careful. My last cruise I waited for the price to drop and almost missed the sailing. When I booked I found out only 3 cabins were left.

I booked Friday June 8ths on that Monday and Friday June 22nds on that Wednesday.

You must be ready to stay home if you wait to long as the ship can fill in hours after a drop. It's all a Gamble - Do you feel lucky ?? :)

You could start watching prices on this week, next week, etc to see what happens. But even that is no sure answer.

Just keep in mind, you could wind up NOT going if they sell out.

Have you purchased airfare yet? If you're based in North America, I think you'll have an awful surprise when you check out flights only 2 weeks away. If you're in Europe already, lucky you! The Europe Epic sailing prices have been very good this year. We went in May and the prices kept dropping right up until sailing, but that's earlier in the season. July is prime Europe-cruising time and NCL might be discounting to European residents to fill the rooms, so you never know when your category will be gone.

If you are now two weeks out, I would not expect prices to drop much further...on my cruises, two weeks out is about as low as the prices have gone.

I know you believe plenty of cabins are available, but it is hard for a customer to know. People who booked gty may still be waiting for cabins. They may plan to give those cabins to CAS for comps for gamblers. I have seen a bunch of cabins go unavailable overnight.

if your gut tells you prices may yet drop, but wish to hedge your bets, you could book a lower level cabin now (just be sure you can happily accept the cabin if that's where you do end up) By booking a cheap room, you will know you are on the ship and can pre book entertainment, flights and such. Then watch prices...call in and pay for an upgrade when the price of a better cabin appeals to you.

Generally speaking 2 weeks out the prices are pretty firmly locked in, a month out would be different. if you are happy with the price just go for it, of course anything can happen, but ther is just as big of a chance prices will jump or the catagory you want will be gone.

Nita

Have you purchased airfare yet? If you're based in North America, I think you'll have an awful surprise when you check out flights only 2 weeks away. If you're in Europe already, lucky you! The Europe Epic sailing prices have been very good this year. We went in May and the prices kept dropping right up until sailing, but that's earlier in the season. July is prime Europe-cruising time and NCL might be discounting to European residents to fill the rooms, so you never know when your category will be gone.

They live in Europe, so all set with airfare.

On my particular cruise i saw a price drop this past Tuesday and we said on the 22nd. For what i was paying for a inside guaranteed room on the 4th floor i was able to upgrade to an obstructed view cabin on the 8th floor for $20 more pp.

I just called NCL and asked for the change. You could book and if you see a price drop call NCL and see what they can do for you.

Archived