Pinnacle Grill?

jackretired

KK, is that menu new? My memory is not so great and it seems like there are some new offerings in what you posted. I love the PG and eat there often on a cruise, but feel like the menu was getting a little tired. But, then again, I tend to order the same thing all the time. :o

There have been a few changes from the above posted Pinnacle Dinner menu.

On our recent Westerdam cruises, Pinnacle no longer offered French Onion Soup at dinner and I missed it.

Thanks for posting the recent Pinnacle menu. My own favorites I now stick to at the Pinnacle because I found they are so good I don't even want to try anything else - one more reason to get to 4-Star Mariner status - 50% off:

Pinnacle Dinner: Coconut chicken soup; lamb skewers; vanilla souffle (the real thing here)

Pinnacle Lunch: Antipasto plate; hamburger; lime orange panna cotta

There have been a few changes from the above posted Pinnacle Dinner menu.

On our recent Westerdam cruises, Pinnacle no longer offered French Onion Soup at dinner and I missed it.

Oh, say it ain't so! I really liked the French Onion Soup. I like the lobster bisque too, but its a little too rich and filling.

The Pinnacle Breakfast Menu is still accurate so far as I can tell and it is the same menu as that served in the MDR. Delicious!!!! :)
I agree, it is delicious. Even though you can get the same thing in the MDR, it always seems to taste better in the Pinnacle Grill. Maybe its just the quiet and relaxing atmosphere there.

Oh, say it ain't so! I really liked the French Onion Soup. I like the lobster bisque too, but its a little too rich and filling.

<snip>quote]

Yes. It is true. They removed French Onion Soup from Pinnacle Dinner Menu. :( First they took away the Clam Chowder now the onion soup.

My absolute favorite in the Pinnacle from the luncheon menu is: the onion soup, the tenderloin of beef encrusted in blue cheese, grilled asparagus, and scalloped potatoes. This was my very favorite meal on our recent Ryndam cruise.

I usually have the lamb chops for dinner along with the scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach. And, the caesar salad.

KK, is that menu new? My memory is not so great and it seems like there are some new offerings in what you posted. I love the PG and eat there often on a cruise, but feel like the menu was getting a little tired. But, then again, I tend to order the same thing all the time. :o

Those menus were the ones that we had on our Amsterdam cruise in June/July 2012.

We are kind of stuck in a rut as well when we eat there and order pretty much the same thing.

Oh, say it ain't so! I really liked the French Onion Soup.

I liked it, too, but the dinner version (different from the lunch version) is gone. On my January cruise I too every opportunity to express my sorrow that I couldn't have that delicious soup. I mentioned it every time I went to the Pinnacle for dinner, as well as put it on my comment card at the end of the cruise.

Maybe, just maybe, if enough people do the same often enough, it will be brought back??? :confused:

I liked it, too, but the dinner version (different from the lunch version) is gone. On my January cruise I too every opportunity to express my sorrow that I couldn't have that delicious soup. I mentioned it every time I went to the Pinnacle for dinner, as well as put it on my comment card at the end of the cruise.

Maybe, just maybe, if enough people do the same often enough, it will be brought back??? :confused:

Still very good, and still available in room service or "always available" menu in the MDR.

Still very good, and still available in room service or "always available" menu in the MDR.

I'm aware. of that. Although dining room/room service onion soup is quite salty, I do order it. However, it cannot compare to what was served in the Pinnacle. That soup was delicious.

I'm aware. of that. Although dining room/room service onion soup is quite salty, I do order it. However, it cannot compare to what was served in the Pinnacle. That soup was delicious.

Ditto.

I order it in MDR but it is not nearly as good as Pinnacle's, IMO

I love chocolate volcano cake when it is made perfectly but I stopped ordering it. It's too rich and heavy for me now. I would enjoy one spoonful but that is so wasteful so I do without it rather than so much waste.

It's a shame HAL doesn't offer small plates. One night on our recent cruise, I asked the steward if I could substitute spinach or asparagus for whatever vegetable came with what I was ordering. Every night thereafter, he brought me a dinner size plate of sauted spinach and asparagus...even if either of them were on my entree to begin with! No way DH and I could eat all of it. I kept asking for half an order, but it never came!

It has been years since we have ordered the Baked Alaska in the main dining room.

All we ever seem to have gotten was a huge pile of meringue with barely a spoonful of ice cream.

I'll take your meringue, yummy, and you can have my ice cream.

I'll take your meringue, yummy, and you can have my ice cream.

And I'll take the Pavlova! Got addicted to these things after our Oosterdam AUS/NZ trip and HAL is offering it more and more.

Archived